**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6 star drop issue

MountainfkrMountainfkr Posts: 5
edited December 2022 in Strategy and Tips
4 out of 10, 6 star crystal drops have been hulk original. I'm starting to thank kabam algorithm is off. I've mostly only been getting the champs from the relic line up. Kinda suspect...
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    good thing he getting a buff soon, youll be a happier person when that happens.
    just enjoy the 7* shards until then
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    It happens like that sometimes and is no sign that the algorithm is, as you say, off.
  • Options
    LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★

There is no algorithm.

Sounds like something an algorithm would say...🤔
    OMG it’s Duke Silver!!

🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 849 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Kabam have said multiple times that the game doesn't have different drop rates within a listed % chance unless stated. So in the 6* basic pool the chances of pulling Doom are the same as pulling Iron Patriot. If this was ever proven to be wrong then things would get... messy doesn't quite cover it.

Funny thing is, my first 6* basic pull was Yondu. The third was also Yondu. On my alternate account I opened my first 6* basic yesterday - Yondu. I can't complain too much because earlier this year I pulled Blade twice in succession, but things like this don't help us avoid seeing patterns in things that aren't there.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

Kabam have said multiple times that the game doesn't have different drop rates within a listed % chance unless stated. So in the 6* basic pool the chances of pulling Doom are the same as pulling Iron Patriot. If this was ever proven to be wrong then things would get... messy doesn't quite cover it.

Funny thing is, my first 6* basic pull was Yondu. The third was also Yondu. On my alternate account I opened my first 6* basic yesterday - Yondu. I can't complain too much because earlier this year I pulled Blade twice in succession, but things like this don't help us avoid seeing patterns in things that aren't there.

I pulled and duped Valk over the course of 3 featureds with a miles morales in between. I've pulled Galan like 4 times. Myth busted.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Sometimes RNG can be cruel, sometimes doubly so. It's hard when there is such a disparity between the general effectiveness across content of pulling 6* Doom Vs Iron Patriot.

I do wonder if the 'hey, look what I pulled' brag posts reinforce the perception that the crystals are loaded. No one posts their Captain America WW2 pulls but plenty post their Hercules pulls.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Llessur said:

There is no algorithm.

Sounds like something an algorithm would say...🤔
    OMG it’s Duke Silver!!

🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷

• Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    I opened 2 cav Nexus few moments back.
    1st, 3 star nebula 4 star nebula 5 star nebula
    2nd 3 star nebula 4 star nebula 5 star Nexus
    Lol. Comedy.
  • Options
    There is nothing unusual or concerning about this.

Every Champion you receive from opening Crystals is determined by the drop rates: https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052657071-Drop-Rates-in-The-Contest.

We've clarified many times, it is completely possible to open a million of the same Crystals and obtain the same Item or Champion every single time. Each Crystal opening is independent and unaffected by previous Crystal openings. In the same way, it's also possible to open a million Crystals and never obtain the specific Item or Champion you are hoping for. That's just the way drop rates work.
This discussion has been closed.