Options

Unfair treatment to Alliance new Players

IryseIryse Posts: 495 ★★★
i recently returned to mcoc and joined some trashy suggested alliance called all the smoke and some officer named bushashiid kicked me after more than 1 month just now 1 day away from rank rewards. I am short of last 2 Ally event rewards for GGC. And also, I have invested alot of GGC openings till now. If they get any points because of me and get rank rewards, shouldnt those points of mine be removed because my investment is all gone along with my ally rank rewards. isnt this unfair to all players who get booted from these trashy alliances having such toxic officers.

I cant get ally rank rewards for GGC event because its now new alliance. It feels like leaving mcoc was a right decision right now, shouldnt habe returned to face toxicity. Just my thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Instead of fully blaming the alliance, you might want to look at the actions that led to you getting booted. Many alliances have very difficult times recruiting these days and it's extremely uncommon (but not impossible) for alliance to boot members for absolutely no reason.

It is highly likely you were breaking some alliance rules, weren't meeting activity requirements, not properly participating in alliance events or dying too much in aw. Or maybe you were just too confrontational in alliance. All of the above are very common reasons for people getting booted.

Best advice is to research alliance before you join one, be clear of expectations and don't do too much "stirring the pot". If you don't like AW, don't join one that is pushing AW as an example.
  • Options

Instead of fully blaming the alliance, you might want to look at the actions that led to you getting booted. Many alliances have very difficult times recruiting these days and it's extremely uncommon (but not impossible) for alliance to boot members for absolutely no reason.

It is highly likely you were breaking some alliance rules, weren't meeting activity requirements, not properly participating in alliance events or dying too much in aw. Or maybe you were just too confrontational in alliance. All of the above are very common reasons for people getting booted.

Best advice is to research alliance before you join one, be clear of expectations and don't do too much "stirring the pot". If you don't like AW, don't join one that is pushing AW as an example.

I was supportive in AQ and AW. Not at all confrontional But all I know is once i mentioned I got Kang 6* in first GGC, and i was responded with oh I have got 3 6* this I got this many 6* that.. from ally members like as if its a comparison or boasting. That moment I knew I am into a place filled with hollow ego maniacs. But i didnt know this is how toxic it would be that they strip players out of christmas rewards. Not joining any alliance from now on through suggestions for sure.
  • Options
    @Buttehrs where do I look for alliances here? Should i just post saying I need a alliance ?

Previously I was into an alliance since like 3 years which was really good but all the members left off one by one as they quit mcoc out of burnout. I returned somehow recently.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,837 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    On the main forum menu. There is a section for alliance recruitment.
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,151 ★★★
    They definitely need to find a way to prevent folks from getting kicked once an event starts. They can bring it back once rewards are given out. I was once in a bad alliance awhile back, and they were kicking folks left and right which included me. The crazy part about the whole situation is the people kicked were more active than all the officers.
  • Options
    IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Iryse said:

@NastyPhish I finished chapter 8.1 or whatever the latest one was available, so for me to get 3 6* to r4 is the utmost priority. At this stage, Alliance are critical to become paragon as there is no other way to gain catalysts. This should change. Alliance should be an added bonus, not a critical mandate to progress.

You don’t require an alliance for the rank up materials, I haven’t been in a real alliance for as long as I can remember I’m paragon with a few extra r4’s and enough materials to do 3 more (other then buying the summer pass this year and last year I don’t spend) you need to fully explore cav each month and look out for special events that have what you need (saying that I didn’t do the gm gauntlet before it went down still waiting on it to come back..)
    Fully agree with you on the system needing changing though it’s not fair as it is main excuse for them kicking is you didn’t participate enough well if that’s the case they shouldn’t mind losing what points you did put in (as according to them it was none or not enough) the player shouldn’t be the only one punished there should be a dock in points you put in so there’s an incentive not to kick unless the player really didn’t do anything to help.
  • Options
    FalconiFalconi Posts: 230 ★★
    Hope next year onwards we get alliance lock in period till GIFTING, alliance for whatever reason can't kick anybody untill the gifting is over, we already got kabams contribution when they delayed BG by 1 week and War season along with it. Isn't this great idea, make 1 month before ANNOUNCEMENT to go be in an alliance before Gifting starts because then nobody can change as well as get kicked and we already have minimum alliance points contribution to get milestone rewards here it was 33300 which gives out final abyss nexus as prize for each members so no fear if member is freeloading or not . It's doable.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 847 ★★★
    I feel like the best way to implement scummy proofing all of this is to just make a cool down period before joining and after joining. 14-15 days before you can get rewards and 14-15 after you reach that first cool down before you can be kicked covers an entire month so no scamming events can really be done
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,151 ★★★
    Falconi said:

Hope next year onwards we get alliance lock in period till GIFTING, alliance for whatever reason can't kick anybody untill the gifting is over, we already got kabams contribution when they delayed BG by 1 week and War season along with it. Isn't this great idea, make 1 month before ANNOUNCEMENT to go be in an alliance before Gifting starts because then nobody can change as well as get kicked and we already have minimum alliance points contribution to get milestone rewards here it was 33300 which gives out final abyss nexus as prize for each members so no fear if member is freeloading or not . It's doable.

I think it's crazy how some people are disagreeing with this logic. It's like they don't mind folks getting screwed over.
  • Options
    RustyoneilRustyoneil Posts: 186 ★★
    @bm3epps I think it’s pretty straight forward. Don’t be a freeloader and leach, try your best and be active. I’m pretty sure if people are doing those things they won’t get kicked. Like I said earlier, it’s hard to find good players. No one is going to get kicked for no reason or just to screw over players. I don’t mind kicking a player during the last weekend of AW, or on day5 of AQ, if they’ve been a leach and contributed bare minimum to those events. It’s not fair to the people who have to carry a bulk of the work to make milestones for the team.
  • Options
    Looking at the disagreeing and judgmental people out here, it seems the forum too is filled with same level of players with a mindset of judging and blaming the victims over them being at fault by default.
  • Options
    FalconiFalconi Posts: 230 ★★
    edited January 2023
    Iryse said:

Looking at the disagreeing and judgmental people out here, it seems the forum too is filled with same level of players with a mindset of judging and blaming the victims over them being at fault by default.

Lol people still screaming the same freeloading rant, without reading my idea, i clearly say and write that AW and BG are already delayed during gifting so there's no such thing as freeloading as well as only thing remains is AQ, which personally i don't care I'm in a G2 ally recently retired from P3 ally as i want to take it easy, i didn't left just for gifting i left to chill and do BG mostly, and i have clear message to leader of my ally that expect war playing from me but no AQ at all but I'll take the rewards because i hate repetition content worse then anything. AQ still sucks but AW not. Does that make me a freeloader when i perform better then all of them in AW . So please keep the judgement to yourself, and if your that kind of leader or officer make it clear before you let a player join and then kick him in between such events. I am part of large group on line app where players are who active post stuff, and we do have blacklisted players and ALLIANCE who do bad things to each other, players like me give notice to leaving before new season begins to make it easier for leaders find replacement and other stuff.
  • Options
    You said you were below the last 2 Ally Event Milestones (so you were below 25,000, with just over a day remaining now).
    And that is well below what a lot of people would be shooting for in Solo Event (AG Gem at 80,000).

If that alliance had everyone already past the 33,000 final mark, and most even above 80,000, and they are shooting for at least that contribution from people, they might see someone with such smaller points as not helping in the event very much.

If they are at 2m or 3m, yes, they will be able to keep your 25,000 in their Ally Points, but that isn’t really gonna make or break them.

One might argue for a method where if people are kicked, they would still get rewards. Although to be fair, you should really only be allowed to get a portion of the rewards, based on how much your contribution really was compared to average of rest of the alliance. And that could go for Events in general too (AQ series, AW season, SA, BG, etc)
    But many of the rewards are items than can not be fractionally divided, so how do you do that with them.