**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Mackey said:

You can try to reason with them all u want but they will only come up with 2 counters…it’s too restrictive and I don’t wanna rank up a champ for this meta who would be useless elsewhere but other than og Thor(who needs a lot of investment) none of the top options are champs that u wouldn’t wanna invest in

And we can't reason with you as you just say "get good" or "build your roster" ...

2 sides to each coin lad 😉
    So building ur roster only means to rankup hercs and torches and use them everywhere…gotcha
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,557 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

You can try to reason with them all u want but they will only come up with 2 counters…it’s too restrictive and I don’t wanna rank up a champ for this meta who would be useless elsewhere but other than og Thor(who needs a lot of investment) none of the top options are champs that u wouldn’t wanna invest in

And we can't reason with you as you just say "get good" or "build your roster" ...

So building ur roster only means to rankup hercs and torches and use them everywhere…gotcha
    I'm loving all these assumptions on who I want to use ... you haven't seen my roster so don't begin to try and assume things 👌
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    Gladiator circuit is where hit me I dare you should have been added. Not victory track. That is the issue and it is legitimate. Letting it play out where the ranks matter is where the big burn to work around should be. Not working your way up. Electric defense on its own is not the issue. It’s the hit me I dare you Jose on top of it that is the issue.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

I'm loving all these assumptions on who I want to use ... you haven't seen my roster so don't begin to try and assume things 👌
    If u have such a diverse roster then u shouldn’t have much problem dealing with the meta
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

If u have such a diverse roster then u shouldn’t have much problem dealing with the meta
    I haven't said I have an issue "dealing" with the meta, so not only do you assume x y or z but now you're putting words in my mouth. 🤦‍♂️.

Oh, and I also never said I have a diverse roster ... I said you haven't seen mine 👍
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    JOC_3096 said:

Mackey said:

Herc and Torch are terrible for this meta 🤣
    That was his lame point lol he (and everyone who doesn't have an issue with the nodes) seems to think that the ones who aren't happy with them want to only rank up and use herc/torch/AA/kitty etc when in reality they couldn't be more wrong. It's cute 🤣
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    Bruh everyone has an advanced roster and i have almost no counters or i am not a whale
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    JOC_3096 said:

For once a meta that isn't all about high ranked, high damage champs but counters.

I like that it isn't all about high ranked or high damage champs but the trouble with only allowing counter to succeed is the RNG aspect of thing, you get a bad draft and you're doomed as there is literally no other workaround in the fight.

• Options
    Nope
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Get gud
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    No
    Seeing as my Tigra + Rintrah are bugged with neutralise not working, if Hulkling + Falcon get banned I'm screwed.
  • Options
    TriguyTriguy Posts: 61
    no, especially when your supposed counters dont work because of bugs. Tigra still takes power burn damage from armor ups that shouldnt have appeared when neutralize was active, but it still is. And Venom is supposed to be immune to power burn from tech champs but he just got destroyed when facing Omega Sentinel.
  • Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    I think this is more of a Gladiator's Circuit meta. I don't mind it as a meta, but the issue is that it's in the Victory Track. It feels like a grind. Victory Track needs to have nodes that reward attackers, not punish them.
  • Options
    Even with a developed roster, I find this meta too restrictive and unfun for what should be in victory track. Victory track needs rework to how it works starting with the suggestion of making it so you only go down if you lose 0-2 you go up 1 if you win 2-1, and you go up 2 if you win 2-0. That way if you lose 1-2, you don't lose your progress. Gladiator circuit should be the painful and not-fun nodes, not victory track.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    This issue was never a problem of skill requirement, its a draft and roster problem, which in a RNG game is very very restrictive.

This node is amazing for GC, it is, I would love to play this instead of other ones that were very annoying in GC, but this aint for Victory Track, in Victory Track nodes should change your playstyle and give benefits to some champions for both attack and defense, but the problem here is that this nodes RESTRICT your roster, so either you have X or Y champs or you are not gonna play, and even if you have those champs, you will probably not have fun playing around a lot of matches.

And the people talking about skill just prove that they didnt even try BG with this nodes, when you play vs Colossus or Thing or even Howard the Duck, and you dont have that counter that you need because you dont have that champion on your roster or even you have but didnt happen to appear in your Draft, you are going to lose that match, unless you just pause and pray that the enemy does less than 15k points, which is a very unsportsmanlike behaviour but I think when the game its such unfair I dont blame anyone that does this method.

Sadly its too late to change this because people already ranked up their champions to play this node, including myself, but even having the champions I dont really have fun with this nodes, seriously, its just annoying sometimes to not be able to do anything.

And I encourage Kabam, and this will be one of the best tips that you can receive, that you put this kind of things in the BETA server and let a bunch of testers like idk, maybe 100? 200? to test the nodes so you dont do this kind of things anymore, and another testers than review the events and quests that you are going to put out so they notice mistakes, problems, bugs, etc etc.

Because its obvious that you guys need help, when you put champs that are immune to the nodes of your Event Quests... (Example: Nebula as a defender in a Shock debuff node for Tech Champs to get furys)

And this is not an attack, but its obvious that you either dont have enough employees or either you have too much stuff to do.

Seriously, I think a lot of players would do it even for free to be able to enjoy the game without all this problems
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

mgj0630 said:

Mackey said:

mgj0630 said:

Is it me, or does the same thing happen with each season of BGs.

In the first couple weeks, a vast majority complain about it the meta, the matchups, etc, but after that, those with bigger, more diverse rosters move up in the ranks, then those with the less diverse rosters stop complaining.

As someone who doesn't take BGs incredibly serious, I kinda like this meta. It's challenging for sure, but it's not impossible.

Not to this degree though, I've had no issues with any of the others seasons and while I don't necessarily lack the skill (if you can call it that) or the roster depth for this meta, I just Don't enjoy the overthinking this meta wants from me, I find no enjoyment in that unless I'm in endgame content or playing chess 😂
    I don't disagree with that, but I guess that's kind of why I'm enjoying it.

To give an example, I fought a Colossus yesterday, and made a completely bone headed move. I had Howard the Duck in my roster, who could have put on armor breaks and been a great counter, but because I wasn't thinking about it, I instinctively picked Nimrod as my attacker, and needless to say, I got wrecked.

I think the challenge, and needing to put some thought into it, is refreshing. We have arenas for mindless fighting that requires little to no thought at all.
    ....if they allowed you to remove an armour up by intercepting or landing a heavy then that would be fitting as it gives a workaround
    I don't think it's as niche as people are making it out to be though. Just to nitpick that bit you mentioned as work arounds to remove an armor up with a heavy attack.....

Doom
    Anti-Venom
    Titania
    Thor Jane Foster

Those champs can all apply stagger on a heavy, which technically speaking, removes an armor up. And those are just the ones I thought of in a few seconds...there may be more.

Thor and Corvus can apply armor breaks on parry. Mangog and Cull can apply armor breaks on heavy. Namor can reflect the damage. Falcon can prevent it.

The options are out there, but to others points, it just forces people outside their comfort zones.

I appreciate people may not want to rank up some of those champs just for BGs, and that's their prerogative. For those folks, that's where I say to wait a couple weeks for folks to move up in the victory track, then they'll be faced with others who likely made the same decisions about what champs to bring in their deck.
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    Keep the power burn node.
    But get rid of the stupid 10 charges node.
    At least it will still have some effect and make bans + selection interesting, but don't have it in every single fight lol
  • Options
    NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    Again, this is a competitive mode. If you want to compete, you pretty much have to go all in.

If you want to "live your life" or play a "fun" mode, go do arenas, EQ, SQ, Story and incursions.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    node doesn't bother me ... the draft does!!! lol without fail, i seem to always have the worst counters to choose from and yet the opponent gets every counter to my deck especially on the last round when i think cool they don't have a counter for X champ, but then boom .. they get offered up the perfect counter to X champ lol
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    I haven't tried the new BS, but it seems like Hulkling is definitely made for these nodes as he's immune to shock/power drain/steal
  • Options
    mgj0630 said:

Mackey said:

mgj0630 said:

Mackey said:

mgj0630 said:

Is it me, or does the same thing happen with each season of BGs.

In the first couple weeks, a vast majority complain about it the meta, the matchups, etc, but after that, those with bigger, more diverse rosters move up in the ranks, then those with the less diverse rosters stop complaining.

As someone who doesn't take BGs incredibly serious, I kinda like this meta. It's challenging for sure, but it's not impossible.

Not to this degree though, I've had no issues with any of the others seasons and while I don't necessarily lack the skill (if you can call it that) or the roster depth for this meta, I just Don't enjoy the overthinking this meta wants from me, I find no enjoyment in that unless I'm in endgame content or playing chess 😂
    I don't disagree with that, but I guess that's kind of why I'm enjoying it.

To give an example, I fought a Colossus yesterday, and made a completely bone headed move. I had Howard the Duck in my roster, who could have put on armor breaks and been a great counter, but because I wasn't thinking about it, I instinctively picked Nimrod as my attacker, and needless to say, I got wrecked.

I think the challenge, and needing to put some thought into it, is refreshing. We have arenas for mindless fighting that requires little to no thought at all.
    ....if they allowed you to remove an armour up by intercepting or landing a heavy then that would be fitting as it gives a workaround
    I don't think it's as niche as people are making it out to be though. Just to nitpick that bit you mentioned as work arounds to remove an armor up with a heavy attack.....

Doom
    Anti-Venom
    Titania
    Thor Jane Foster

Those champs can all apply stagger on a heavy, which technically speaking, removes an armor up. And those are just the ones I thought of in a few seconds...there may be more.

Thor and Corvus can apply armor breaks on parry. Mangog and Cull can apply armor breaks on heavy. Namor can reflect the damage. Falcon can prevent it.

The options are out there, but to others points, it just forces people outside their comfort zones.

I appreciate people may not want to rank up some of those champs just for BGs, and that's their prerogative. For those folks, that's where I say to wait a couple weeks for folks to move up in the victory track, then they'll be faced with others who likely made the same decisions about what champs to bring in their deck.
    Them champs you've mentioned have a specific counter to the armour up buff. So it isn't a workaround it's a counter. A workaround something that involves you "working around" it.

Like the crit node in GC the other season, if we didn't have a node on there which gave us guaranteed crit upon intercepting ... that node would of been horrific, somewhat similar to this one.

The comment above yours sums it up pretty well tbh, better than I could of summed it up anyway. The choices for counters are restricted from the nodes alone then you have 3 bans on top of that then you have RNG to think about it. Recipe for disaster
  • Options
    NearJr said:

Again, this is a competitive mode. If you want to compete, you pretty much have to go all in.

If you want to "live your life" or play a "fun" mode, go do arenas, EQ, SQ, Story and incursions.

You just described gladiator circuit in a nutshell.
  • Options
    Nope. Being excited to test my new rank ups is one thing and the overall performance of this season's nodes are another thing. The whole design behind these nodes take away the skill aspect of the mode into one more favorable for roster variety. If you don't get the right champs from the ones you get to select and your opponent does then you cant do anything but hit your opponent until he power burns you to death. At least add a node where you have to do a specific action to work around the armor up nodes. Example : Interrupt your enemy heavy attack to remove all chitin charges.

At least something like that brings some challenge to the game.
  • Options
    FalconiFalconi Posts: 230 ★★
    R u some 14 year old kid who doesn't understand the BG has different nodes, and you should be focused on your roster to do correct counters for opponent defense .
  • Options
    Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    My roster is not suitable for this bg season