**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Relics as SQ premium item? TB+

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
How are you all feeling about that?
Me personally , I want to do the quest just for the difficulty, but am not really interested in the relics.

Is this me being ignorant on how they function or how important they are? Or does this feel like a push to make us feel it’s better than the value it is.

Anyone using relics in an impactful way ?

Comments

• Options

I agree. I would rather have more of other things I actually care about.

T6b, T3A, maybe even some 7* shards.

There needs to be a quest where it rewards strikers or else it seems not very important. Champs are already so powerful.

The best way I can see this is it becomes like additional masteries that we can play around with. At this moment they basically like this mastery:

• Options
    DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    Agreed that in shorter fights, they provide minimal use, but I've seen benefits utilizing relics (especially Venom Relic with Knull)

• Options
    Here are a few of my favorites:

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I am good with relic stuff as rewards.
  • Options
    @BigBuster Mostly relic crystals unfortunately. Looking forward to more opportunities to get relic shards via game play and rewards vs spending.
  • Options

They do feel quite limited. I don’t have a knull , but seems like it doesn’t benefit many champs.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    Haven't opened relics and ain't planning to till i am forced too.
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

TBH I never really liked the idea of relics
    And now treating relics like some premium item is only making me hate it even more
    These 3* & 4* relics won't be of any use a few months down the line but now they're taking up all the nice rewards spots in higher brackets
    And the lack of relic rankup material is only making the situation worse

I agree. They are providing me something , that I just have no use for.

There really needs to be a message on how they want us to use them. I just can’t imagine an extra 1% boost on bleed is that devastating. Especially if you are running suicides and boost.

I am hopeful for them! I just need them to make an impact in the game or change the way we think. Until then give me my T6B and T3A.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,946 ★★★★★
    For better or worse, this is the direction the game is heading.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    Did I miss something or isn't that just for the SQ objectives? I assume there's standard rewards in the SQ if you go through it not following the objectives and these all relic rewards are just the objective aspect, which I'm fine with since I'm sure relics will progress in usefulness as time goes on.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,946 ★★★★★

Did I miss something or isn't that just for the SQ objectives? I assume there's standard rewards in the SQ if you go through it not following the objectives and these all relic rewards are just the objective aspect, which I'm fine with since I'm sure relics will progress in usefulness as time goes on.

Yes, that is just solo objectives. Standard rewards for SQ are listed separately.
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

AMS94 said:

And now treating relics like some premium item is only making me hate it even more
    These 3* & 4* relics won't be of any use a few months down the line but now they're taking up all the nice rewards spots in higher brackets

There really needs to be a message on how they want us to use them. I just can’t imagine an extra 1% boost on bleed is that devastating. Especially if you are running suicides and boost.

I am hopeful for them! I just need them to make an impact in the game or change the way we think. Until then give me my T6B and T3A.
    Regarding the 'extra 1% boost on bleed...', I was there with you until I started duping and ranking up relics; this is when I started to see some benefit:

• Options

Texas_11 said:

AMS94 said:

Regarding the 'extra 1% boost on bleed...', I was there with you until I started duping and ranking up relics; this is when I started to see some benefit:

That’s actually quite nice, but still very selective. May I ask how you ranked them up so quick? 14% is quite a boost in bleed potency.
  • Options
    JgrnotJgrnot Posts: 43
    I would have preferred improving the existing class masteries that have been stale for (how many years now?) as opposed to chasing the next thing.
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

AMS94 said:

That’s actually quite nice, but still very selective. May I ask how you ranked them up so quick? 14% is quite a boost in bleed potency.
    Stores (glory and battlegrounds) have been the best for obtaining ranking resources.
  • Options
    WhyMe1984WhyMe1984 Posts: 68
    They can keep the relic stuff... Especially since they aren't give 5* relic shards. I would have rather had rank 4 mats, 7* shards, or they could have introduced awakening gem shards!
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    Wait fr? I'm skipping this month lmao
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    WhyMe1984 said:

They can keep the relic stuff... Especially since they aren't give 5* relic shards. I would have rather had rank 4 mats, 7* shards, or they could have introduced awakening gem shards!

7* shards are already easy to come by lol. Same with AGs. Same with r4 mats. Relics on the other hand are hard to come by so I'm glad they are introducing more of them. They do need to add more alloys tho those be hard to stack up.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★

Agreed that in shorter fights, they provide minimal use, but I've seen benefits utilizing relics (especially Venom Relic with Knull)

Would you suggest bypassing the 3 or even 4-Star version and just focus on the 5-Star relics?
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    I couldn't care less about relics if I tried......
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    Just don't do the objectives, the objectives contain the relic stuff (and some iso and cav shards too I guess) I can live with this, got no time for relics but if they keep them in objectives then they're aren't really forcing then upon us, they're giving us a choice one I intend on steering clear of. The actual "real" rewards for SQ are in the quest itself, we haven't lost out on anything only it appears that way as the objectives aren't giving us them "real" rewards.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

How are you all feeling about that?
    Me personally , I want to do the quest just for the difficulty, but am not really interested in the relics.

Is this me being ignorant on how they function or how important they are? Or does this feel like a push to make us feel it’s better than the value it is.

Anyone using relics in an impactful way ?

The objectives are just extra rewards. If you don't want the relic stuff, don't do the objectives. All the normal quest rewards are on the paths like they always have been before objectives and relics were a normal thing.