**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds- It could be worse.

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★
Back in the day when the game was still limited to act 4, there existed a node that struck fear into every summoners soul.

In order to 100% act 4, you'd have to face this node 3 times. We had few God tier champs and it was pre 12.0.

To make matters worse, there was a poison node in addition to this other, absolutely frightful node.

The node I'm referring to is Slashed Tires and you had to face Juggernaut in his original form.

So while people struggle with finding counters to Electric Defense and Hit me I Dare you, remember, it could be worse. Imagine a BGs meta of Slashed Tires and Unblockable.

Comments

• Suddenly the meta becomes an all herc meta 🤣
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Suddenly the meta becomes an all herc meta 🤣

For 1 round at least lol
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    Next season in Battlegrounds: Slashed Tires and Unblockable
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    After the first sentence, I thought it was going to be the Magneto that no one brings a counter for and is still posted every month or two.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Yeah they also changed it so that should probably tell you something 🤔.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Toj37 said:

Next season in Battlegrounds: Slashed Tires and Unblockable

Agree, why even bring this up and give them the idea?
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★

Back in the day when the game was still limited to act 4, there existed a node that struck fear into every summoners soul.

In order to 100% act 4, you'd have to face this node 3 times. We had few God tier champs and it was pre 12.0.

To make matters worse, there was a poison node in addition to this other, absolutely frightful node.

The node I'm referring to is Slashed Tires and you had to face Juggernaut in his original form.

So while people struggle with finding counters to Electric Defense and Hit me I Dare you, remember, it could be worse. Imagine a BGs meta of Slashed Tires and Unblockable.

Ah...memories. This fight was a huge pain for everyone!
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    It’s horrible I can’t take more of this meta :/ you should have allowed when have a reinforced armor there is no burn power it would have been easier here it’s really not easy to see if I arrive in vibranium I’m afraid not
    DL864 said:

This isn't the epiphany you think it is.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,216 ★★★★★
    3* Ronan cheese ftw
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

DL864 said:

It was a bad node design I played through it just like you did. This meta would have been fine in GC it should not have been in VT. That's a good way to turn off your player base. Let's see new hot game mode let's frustrate most of our player base... sounds like a fantastic idea. Fyi I have a big roster lots of counters have finished in the top 350 for solo every season. I will not be pushing this season cause this meta is not fun at all. But I like the fact that you are showing past mistakes kabam has made with nodes it jist kinda proves the point.
    DL864 said:

DL864 said:

It was a bad node design I played through it just like you did. This meta would have been fine in GC it should not have been in VT. That's a good way to turn off your player base. Let's see new hot game mode let's frustrate most of our player base... sounds like a fantastic idea. Fyi I have a big roster lots of counters have finished in the top 350 for solo every season. I will not be pushing this season cause this meta is not fun at all. But I like the fact that you are showing past mistakes kabam has made with nodes it jist kinda proves the point.
    The honest truth is that it was the first in a long line of nerfs of content that people complained about enough in order to get changed because they don't want to learn how to overcome the node. Act 6 fell victim to this and everything else story content to follow, including MEQ's and SQ's now won't be challenging. The node wasn't a mistake. The timing might have been.

Did this node combination suck? Absolutely but it wasn't without it's counters. There were champs with regen, champs with poison immunity etc..

As always, the problem lies in people not wanting to strategize and widen their horizons.
  • Unabonger97Unabonger97 Posts: 49
    I don't think the issue is the nodes themselves there manageable it's how the matches play out 90 percent are play and pause its simply not fun they took all the enjoyment outta of it
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,546 ★★★★★

Vivid memories of this path as well as Slashed Tires in general. I think I used a combo of Ronan, YJ, OGCap and whoever was still alive for that Juggs. It was unquestionably awful.

Dr. Zola
  • Agree only in that people coming across that Juggs now don’t realize what it was like, also given what the highest available champ Ranks were at the time.

But you had time, you could try over and over, you could Revive/Heal, etc. And your team could be absolutely specific, it wasn’t a random subset of a larger pool of part of your roster.

But now imagine that node throughout ACT-1.
    And ACT-2, and ACT-3.

And for every time your fighter lost to him (or to that Regen’ing Magneto, or to a lesser extent that Storm, or Spidey), you got sent back 1 Chapter’s worth in your ACT’s progress.