**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Some advice on BG, if you'd be so kind

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,031 ★★★★★
edited January 2023 in Strategy and Tips
First off, I don't hate these nodes. I just can't figure them out. I have made it to at gamma 2 all of the other BG seasons, but I'm having a hard time progressing. I don't know if it's because my prestige is high (?) So I'm getting higher accounts with more r4, or more likely, I just can't build/construct a good deck for this meta. Suggestions on who to add/remove and why would be great.

Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Look a good defender is still a good defender. You need havok, Peni, American chaz, iHulk, overseer,!? Idk is re-do your entire deck. But I don’t want to type it all out here plus I would want to see your roster out of the deck format to see it easier.

Best advice is to start with the best defenders then add in the best counters to the node, then add in best counters to the defenders you hate fighting the most. You have to have options to either avoid the power burn (so those immune) or remove the armor up effectively.

Sigil witch can steal anyone ones armor up, namor reflects all the damage back no matter who it is. Venom/venompool “eat” buffs usually bypass nullify immunities.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    armor up champs that CANT be nullified like Civil Warrior and Colossus, on offense bring armor break champs or mystics who nullify easily. P.s : Corvus also is good as he hits blocks with huge damage and doesn't loose charges along with armor break on parry. still least favorite champ
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,031 ★★★★★

Add
    venom - power burn immune against techs
    mags red - AAR against metal
    mags white - AAR against metal and armor breka on sp1
    kingpin - degen on sp1 gives some aar you can use that on attack get to sp1 by using heavies
    Switch Sigil - nullify on parry
    Kitty- Idk how kitty works personally but looks like someone up above said she will
    Peni- She still can work but take her in if you do ban hulkling and galan which you should most definitely in this meta

Remove - if anyone doesnt have armor break or nullify/stagger/neutralize or have AAR unless you are confident in their defensive ability remove them
    I think you should remove 5* mojo. thats not strong enough.
    sentinel is armor break but i dont think he will be good enough to quickly kill opponents. you could survive but lose on time.

Your current deck doesnt look too bad tbh maybe you need to take time and get used to the node and also watch s4 BG meta videos on YT then you can know what and how other people are doing in it.

I started out with Peni, but everyone that I've battled this seasons with her (she's been in 12 fights) has defeated her with at least 37k points and it was with someone who isn't power burn immune so I took her out. I surprisingly haven't thought of either Mags nor KP so I'll give that a try along with what the others said. Thanks so far everyone.
  • DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    @willrun4adonut i had 15.6 k prestige at 1.7m hero rating, I can feel you
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Simple advice, if you dont have the best drafts, take Champs that have 1 hit heavy attacks, so if you are vs an unarmored champ, you can at least do 10 hits with the maximum damage, if he has low hit SP1 that would be nice so you can at least hit 1 special before you start playing defensive so the matches runs out of time
    Doosra said:

@willrun4adonut i had 15.6 k prestige at 1.7m hero rating, I can feel you

Now I don't feel so bad. Ouch.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

First off, I don't hate these nodes. I just can't figure them out. I have made it to at gamma 2 all of the other BG seasons, but I'm having a hard time progressing. I don't know if it's because my prestige is high (?) So I'm getting higher accounts with more r4, or more likely, I just can't build/construct a good deck for this meta. Suggestions on who to add/remove and why would be great.

Remove storm, sentinel, corvus, gullotine 99, vulture
    Add sigil, kitty, falcon, scorp
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I would remove stormx,sentinel,corvus,vulture and galan(this might sound controversial but u will lose against a duped galan so u would most likely ban him if u see a duped galan and if someone doesn’t have galan then urs is certainly getting banned) or u can keep him and remove guilly99
    Replace them with sigil witch,mr F(stagger on sp1 and gives u an option against armour break immune mystics),falcon,red mags and one of kitty,overseer,(if duped then definitely her) domino,peni and jabari
    Thank you all. I was able to move up to gold 2 today without much of a grind because of your advice. Y'all are the best.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Keep diablo. He does a lot of damage and can nullify. Although mine is a a R4.

Keep diablo. He does a lot of damage and can nullify. Although mine is a a R4.

I kept him, and mine is r4 too.
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 485 ★★★
    Galan is not always an auto ban. I have a 5* r5 Galan that has not been banned in over 30 matches.

Opponents always go for my Nimrod, Omega Sentinel and Rintrah. Sometimes, they leave OS and target Hulkling (also 5* r5) but Galan is a constant for me. As is King Groot.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Corvus and Diablo are must have from your roster in this meta. But, yes, your prestige is going to make every BG season rough I am afraid 😟

I would have dropped Odin, mojo sentinel, storm px & g2099 from yours.

Well done on making it to gold!