**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A Different Approach To "The Situation"?

J_jones_41389J_jones_41389 Posts: 86
edited January 2023 in General Discussion
"The situation" is the overall feelings towards the current meta in BG. There are many great YouTube videos showcasing champions that are great matchups and counters. Not only are they great champions for this meta, but a lot of these champions that counter very annoying defenders can be used to clear some high-end content. They have great utility and value as an early account.

What I suggest is this being a thread post where less inexperienced players can ask for insight on counters for some of the most annoying defenders in BG for this meta. And also what defenders to use to help give their opponent a harder time. It may make things easier for those who feel frustrated. I know when BG first started, I wanted to quit the game and throw my phone. But I changed my deck and realized the utility rank ups I have done in the past hold a lot of weight against some of the worst defenders in BG. I'll start:

Nebula: she is staying in my deck from now on. Bye bye nimrod. All you have to do is hold block until 5 charges are built. Then, do your best to not parry and build 20 charges while getting to a special 2. Make sure the opponent has less than 1 bar of power (bait a special first). Then parry, back up, parry, and hit the special 2. Melt

Venom/VP: These 2 aren't just great for this meta. They are major utility champions that are imo a must rank up for all accounts. You will need them eventually. They are both power drain immune against techs, and they eat buffs. Also, venom has on command armor break with heavy. Get to 9 charges. Parry. Heavy. Good to go. Or 9 charges and special 1 to eat the buff and gain health.

Symbiote Supreme: Very powerful champion at high sig. Rng dependent and slows the fight down to a degree, but he deals with colossus very well. And he will always be a staple for content. Enough said. This one is obvious, but Colossus is a pain. I've seen 9 second deaths against my 6r3 colossus. Ouch.

There are many other great mentions like Longshot, Medusa, CMM Movie, Diablo, and many more. Maybe we can get some help to struggling players. I know that I always need it!

I know that certain YouTubers, such as kt1, have posted videos even before BG started about which champions would be great for attack and defense. But as the meta unfolded, there have been those that shine and those that don't do as well as expected. And then there are the sneaky ones. Like Nebula/nimrod. There will be block damage, but she can score 50k in some cases, and that is a great score for this meta. Also, if you know how to "quake" with her, then you can deal shock damage without hitting the opponent.

Comments

• Options
    J_jones_41389J_jones_41389 Posts: 86
    I took my 6* red goblin to rank 2 a long time ago for variant content. He is another safe option when I know my opponent has a tough matchup. If you rank him now for meta, he will be useful later. Just know that his damage is sub-par without ramp-up.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i'll throw two champs into this conversation:

sorcerer supreme - especially with md, she's a great option. her power relies on time, not getting hit/hitting the opponent. so, if they get to an armor and you can't nullify it, just dance around for a bit then throw sp1 to nullify it. additionally, with nimrod not being great for this meta offensively, she's a great domino counter when awakened. finished a fight against a rank 4 domino with 100% earlier today.

falcon - he just ignores everything about the node while on lock on. you don't have to worry about it as long as you can avoid the opponent while lock on is on cooldown. in addition to ignoring the node, he also shuts down annoying abilities (evade, auto-block, etc.). i've found him to be a great counter to both rintrah and korg
  • Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 397 ★★★
    I love this thread and its idea! It’s perfect for the percentage of players that take to the forums.

However I do have some differences in opinions. I’d like to get those points across in a respectful manner, and I apologize in advance if I come across as anything but.

Battlegrounds, and the victory track, are unlocked as soon as a summoner hits uncollected. A lot of my alliance mates have recently been given access, and are learning to play in the current meta, which I don’t believe is very well made specifically with those players in mind; mid game players.

The uncollected title is the 5th of 8 progression titles, and will be literally dead in the middle with the next title’s (which while not confirmed yet, I could see coming in 8.3 or 8.4) release.

It is now no longer endgame, but rather mid game content. And this meta doesn’t feel fit for those of recent 5.2 completion.

If there’s anything I can explain further, please do ask. I wish to keep discussion civil and constructive, and would ask that others keep it that way, as this thread has already been.

Jinx
  • Options
    meoreanmeorean Posts: 57
    Jaded said:

I’ll add two champs as well.

Hulkling - immune to power drain and can slow the fight down. Might take a bit longer to ramp him up but he isn’t the wet noodle we all know him to be.

Galan - very underrated for the meta. Also immune to power drain but what he lacks in damage output he makes up for big red numbers.

I know both are very underrated and unlikely to be ranked up in your roster. But if you rank them up, you won’t be disappointed. Even a 5* will work.

I really don't think these two are underrated... They have been talked about as top champs for multiple months now. I have both as 6* R3 and they get banned EVERY TIME.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★
    Howard the duck
    On demand armor break on heavy and healblock on special 1 for willpower
    Also has defensive capabilities