**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who are you banning in BGs?

Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
Do mention which ones in general and why?

Who are you banning in BGs? 188 votes

Attackers
18%
FrostyCrazyjack719GarloyuwKILLMФИGЕЯAmazing_Demon05Unknown31JAATKINGChuckiesolmgj0630EtherionGodBabyMiikeAomine_Daiki10CapdevilasebTrashPanda12Mukesh5445SpecMDankeacemagnus_xixGreenRaptor413 35 votes
Defenders
26%
Crys23BigPoppaCBONERaganatorheruheru511Mrbeast6000JinxesaxemeoreanCassypseudosaneDRTOSriRamReddyIKONColinwhitworth69Justcause102SCP1504_Sham_LordSmashernOuxOwl_0wlReignkingTW 49 votes
Depends on the roster
42%
DrZolaWorld EaterDarthVadidOKAYGangDemonicStalkerzuffyKDoggg2017phillgreenTerrayossFrankWhiteCat_MurdockMityAntErikfive_0XSquadRbk19CupidSaske97DannyB01Opandemonio 79 votes
Mix
13%
MasterSmokeSpeedbumpJazz_MessengerhydrogohardrockykostonMoosetiptronicLuke9523WhoDaPooBocksaroxH3t3rMR_61088FiiNCHRenaxqqMasaraksh1AJ007LBreakerNoise72Thijmen_T14AndremlopesSalve_maker05 25 votes

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
    Defenders
    If it's Kitty,Omega Sentinel, Hulkling or duped Valkerye I rarely look at the rest of the roster.

I meant to put mix though.
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Clarification: sol

It always depends on the roster of the person you're going against

I Should’ve been more clear, i meant it does depend on the roster but in general do you ban the top defenders of the meta that you think you won’t be able to win against easily or the opponents attackers that can easily cheese your defenders.
    Like in my case its mostly hulkling, rintrah and domino but if i see a terrax or an electro i ban them in place of the above
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Depends on the roster
    Have to ban Galan which is fine because I don't have one.

Then it's just the regular annoyances for me.

In this meta, any champ can be a good defender so for me it's more about who I do not fight well in general and fun, interactive damage I can't avoid.
  • Options
    Depends on the roster
    Galan, Hulkling, CGR (I don't have him), R3 Corvus (mine is a 5/65). I have duped Omega Sentinel in my top 3, so I never ban her. The opponent usually bans her lol.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    Attackers
    Galan wic and torch
  • Options
    Depends on the roster
    Usually attackers as out of my 10 R4s, I have Mojo, Korg, Thing, Rintrah, IBom ans Warlock who are some of the best defensive options.

Wiccan is always on the list, as is Omega Sent, Kitty, Tigra.

It depends who’s ranked up though tbh.
  • Options
    Mario33Mario33 Posts: 477 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    Depends on the roster
    After many many, MANY rounds i lost, Namor is my first ban. Then Galan if opponent have him. Sometimes Hulkling and Claire. After this bans i promoted to Gold 2 very quick.

One thing i dont understand is most of my opponents ban my Silver Centurion. I guess when they see him r4 they be like ‘WHAT THE HECK R4 CENTURION? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING GOING ON I SHOULD BAN HIM’
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    Depends on the roster
    AMS94 said:

Champs that are great but I don't have in my deck

This. Sometimes it can be all attackers or defenders or mix.
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,178 ★★★★
    Depends on the roster
    I try banning the ones I don’t have counters to or rather not fight against, or the ones who make great defenders on the meta. Like, if there’s more then one champ that has armor, and I’m not able to nullify it or break it without specials, I’m taking the most that I can, example, there’s Warlock, Colossus and Guilly, I just have BWCV whines able to nullify it straight up, so I block two of those
  • Options
    Mario33Mario33 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Depends on the roster

Mario33 said:

After many many, MANY rounds i lost, Namor is my first ban. Then Galan if opponent have him. Sometimes Hulkling and Claire. After this bans i promoted to Gold 2 very quick.

One thing i dont understand is most of my opponents ban my Silver Centurion. I guess when they see him r4 they be like ‘WHAT THE HECK R4 CENTURION? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING GOING ON I SHOULD BAN HIM’

is silver centurion a good attacker/defender for this meta?
    idr if he gets an armor up buff from his own abilities or not
    nope he is not. He starts with armor up and if armor breaks or nulifies 10 second later he open a new armor. But, he is cheese for magneto, venom, terrax, galan, hulkling etc etc

• Options
    DeepworldDeepworld Posts: 282 ★★★
    Defenders
    I tend to ban generally tricky defenders. I always ban Apoc and Doom but actually I don’t really mind fighting them. It’s usually Hulkling and Galan that are the worst.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Depends on the roster
    But in this meta I ban thing and manthing mainly and domino if she's a big one
  • Options
    Defenders
    Domino is one of my most banned. Also ban r3/4 Namors
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,153 ★★★★
    Depends on the roster
    Nimrod and galan and any other armor champs
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Mix
    I know everyone has their own strategy and it's great as long as it's working for you , however ,

1. Always look to ban opponent's top meta attacker
    2. Look to ban atleast one defender who is impossible to defeat (and you don't have in your roster or have at a relatively lower strength)
    3. Final choice comes down to the fact whether you want to cripple their attack or if they have too many attackers, then cripple their next main defender.

I know it's a lot to analyze but try to get the hang of it in the lower tiers every season/meta and then you'll advance pretty quickly to the next ones.

I'm just an average Joe who gets to URU 3 and that's it.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,405 ★★★★★
    Defenders
    Galan peni kingpin
    Man thing, thing, Sasquatch, dragon man are consistent bans
  • Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Mix
    Any Champions I see that I don't have on my roster.
  • Options
    LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 163
    Depends on the roster
    My Galan is pretty much perma banned which makes sense since he’s kind of an auto win if he’s left in play.
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    Attackers
    My solid strategy is to ban their best Armor break/nullify attack champs and let the node do its thing. A solid defender that can use the node will almost always beat a great attacker w/o armor break, nullify or AAR.

my r4 Galan and r4 Hulking are always banned so i dont care about banning them.

I usually prioritize easy access armor break or passive nullify attackers in my own deck to counter the node with 2-3 GREAT meta defenders

• Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    Defenders
    I say defenders, but power burn immunes I don't have first and foremost.
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    BGs.
  • Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    edited January 2023
    Attackers
    I always ban kingpin and falcon first cuz the best defender is definitely my sig 200 Thing. I have a Valkyrie for anyone else’s Thing, I don’t have kingpin or falcon. I’ve even used Wiccan on offense about 3 times for Thing and it’s been very smooth so far.

The only defender I will ban is domino if she’s high sig, I’ve seen a lot of unawakened dominos for some reason as if they are good defenders.
  • Options
    Depends on the roster
    I often ban the strongest champ then I specifically target the Armor Break immune champs like Thing, Doom, Nimrod, Dragon Man, Mangog, and the occasional NF, Domino, and Kingpin so basically Defenders.

Also, you guys are quick enough to inspect the sigs of your opponent's roster before banning champs?
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Depends on the roster
    Always depends on roster... domino, kingpin and armor break immune champs r the usual... and no..i rarely ban armor up tech champs and rarely ban hulkling and galan..