**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Relic unbind costs are obscene

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
If I've learned anything so far with relics it's to NEVER use a 3* relic for ANY reason. Why does it cost the same amount to unbind a 3* relic if you get a better rarity relic of the same one? I would have to fork over 100 units to remove this 3* to replace with a 4/5/6? Doesn't seem very well thought out.

Lesson learned: 3* relics are more trouble than good 🤷🏻‍♂️

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I don't think the cost has anything to do with what you're replacing it with.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,893 ★★★★★

I thought there were a certain number of free unbindings. I haven't done that with my relics, so I guess I don't know for sure.

Correct. I’m not sure how many are free but at least 2 from what I see here.

• DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    It clearly warns you before every attempt to unbind, and that the more you do this, eventually, it will cost you. It does reset, but you cannot freely unbind..need to make meaningful choices and test them. And yes, I've done it a few times...

• Interesting, so is it only after you reach “paying for” Tiers and start paying higher each time, that a timer will start lowering you back down (probably down to just the 1st of the Pay Tiers 7 and not all the way down to the beginning of the Free's) ?
    edited January 2023

Interesting, so is it only after you reach “paying for” Tiers and start paying higher each time, that a timer will start lowering you back down (probably down to just the 1st of the Pay Tiers 7 and not all the way down to the beginning of the Free's) ?

No, the timer starts after your first 'unbind'. So, technically, you can bind/unbind and never spend any units. I spent 20 units once. Then, I decided to be patient and do some runs with the champs I bound before looking to unbind.

Also, yes, it only moves up or down one tier at a time.
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 288 ★★★
    Dragoon81 said:

I mean they are so useless why bothering unbinding so often? I placed mine on some dumb champs and haven’t looked back.

Was thinking the same thing. Useless to worry about as they aren't that great to begin with. All for Prestige chasers mostly now.
  • FuneralMistFuneralMist Posts: 93 ★★
    Reason I care less about relics..
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Relics are only useful for extending combos for me. Not really game changing
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    This reminds me cost for swapping masteries. They already know that people don't like that.
  • ISO17ISO17 Posts: 83 ★★

Oops didn’t see the info button. OP has unbound a lot of relics if he’s at 100 units…

The main issue is all relic unbinds count together, so if you unbind 6 relics PERIOD then you start paying, which you can do extremely quickly. It’d be different if each individual relic had its own unbind counter

• johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 164
    I have bound and unbound relics several times for free. I *wish* masteries adopted this same charging method
    DalBot said:

It clearly warns you before every attempt to unbind, and that the more you do this, eventually, it will cost you. It does reset, but you cannot freely unbind..need to make meaningful choices and test them. And yes, I've done it a few times...

Clearly with the amount you've spent to get that many 5* relics the unbind unit cost isn't a concern for you 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Oh, it still is a concern. Please don't confuse my choice to invest in relics as me not being concerned about unit costs to unbind. That is exactly why I stated earlier that I spent 20 units once...didn't see the point in 'wasting' units by continuously unbinding champs. I decided to do a little light reading, research and testing instead of posting how I don't like it. It is was it is...
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

. I decided to do a little light reading, research and testing instead of posting how I don't like it. It is was it is...

And maybe some of us wanted to try the new thing but see benefit when you get a better version. Having those unlock costs being what they are is ridiculous and the time to drop tiers is also quite wrong, especially when the concept is still so new and folks are figuring out how it works. It's extremely player unfriendly and again, makes 3-4* relics functionally useless at the top tiers of the game. Let's not even get in to how hard it is to get 5* relics or the alloys to rank them up unless you're going full 🐳 like you have
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

I don't think the cost has anything to do with what you're replacing it with.

I don’t think your comment has anything to do with this post 😬
    Actually it does. The OP made the point of having to pay to swap with a higher Rarity of the same Relic Champ.