**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

i dislike relics a lot

relics are legit useless and i hate how they replaced a lot of normal rewards with reilc bs for example this new event in a few hours you could be getting iso8 6star shards anything else that is not relics and this has happened another times to i hate the fact that it feels like the game is trying to force this relic stuff upon the players with this kinds of stuff that nobody will use i want to get the unc objective rewards
let me know your opinion

Comments

• CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    kabam seem to have invested a lot into this, which means i really doubt they will simply back down and throw relics away just like that.

at this point adapt or join the rest of the quitters.

personally dont care about them for cons, where you can use them they have pros.
    all ill say is if you complain about it now and avoid running any quests that help you now with relics in any way shape or form, pls dont come back crying saying you dont have enough to rank them or enough to compete vs other people who did play for them. kabam made their choices, you can make yours as well.
    my 2 cents i guess, may the odds be ever in your favor.

(not talking about spenders btw lol seen some with 5+ 5* relics already rank 2+ and all)
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

Relics are here to stay. You can either accept them or quit the game

I won't accept relics and won't quit the game, I'll not spend any resources on them, I won't spend any real money on offers for them, I won't even spend gold to rank them up. That's how you can not accept a specific feature without leaving the whole game
    Until they become a must to complete at high levels in BGs and war. I would stick to ranking the 5* ones that are good. And only do 4* if you need a fast prestige bump. I also won't spend money on them unless it's obvious a killer deal.
  • Guckee_01Guckee_01 Posts: 28
    just don’t use em then, it’s a loss of rewards sure, but it won’t hurt too much.
  • __SF____SF__ Posts: 286 ★★
    The unbind cost is really what throws me off …. Spend the same to get a new relic instead lol
  • I’m going to open myself up here but I quite like them. The extra combo can be used to do things like pause heavy charging with Scorpion and when you weave it into your gameplay it can give you a free combo which I quite enjoy.

The uses of Relics will become more apparent as we understand them better and gain better access to them but I read the Valkyrie Relic and it looks like it could add some real spice to Masacre, for example.

What I disagree with wholeheartedly is that relic based rewards should replace our previous rewards, it should be a bolt on, not a replacement in my opinion. The game has been widened so the reward structure should reflect that.
  • Bunny425Bunny425 Posts: 17
    Introducing Relic was the good idea
    But unbind costs units
    And relic rank up cost gold
    Which is too annoying
    F2p players are already struggling in iso gold and units
    Even if we through units and gold on relic
    But relic are not used in each and every content of the game...
    Soo the relic is worthless...
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Worst part about relics is actually using them and ranking them up will actually hurt your progression (or at least make it harder) in BG.

When you rankups relics, your prestige goes up. Kabam is insisting on using prestige for BG matchmaking (despite it being a disaster in AW). Meaning when you rank up relics, you increase your prestige, when you increase your prestige, you risk bumpin up into a higher invisible "prestige bracket" and can bump yourself into the bottom portion of a higher prestige bracket making your BG matches way harder and potentially costing you BG rewards.
  • Jeff38Jeff38 Posts: 8
    I only play EQ,SQ and arenas. The first month with relics I never had one fight go long enough to trigger the relic. I’m not very sure how much a 3 star relic would have helped anyway. The direction of the game in the last 4 months is odd to say the least. I played every day for the last six years, didn’t play much last month and lo and behold I had no withdrawals. Ha! Not planning on this month either. PS the monthly gifting events are equally as annoying as the relics. I imagine the higher ranked and heavy alliance guys see it differently but that’s not me.
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 180
    I actually really like the concept of relics. In my opinion, this partial negative attitude towards Relics is simply because the introduction wasn't done well. Relics were announced as upgrading the existing champs. In some posts I read that relics should ensure that the 5* and 6* champs can continue to be used adequately when the 7* champs come. That sounds very good and the expectations are accordingly. But then you only get 3* relics at the start. What do you do with the new relics? Of course you tie them to the best champs you have, you don't want to waste the new gimmicks on average champs. But then you realize that the 3 and partly also 4* relics for the 6* champs hardly bring any benefit. It takes forever in the fights until you can use the relics and the impact is very manageable. The disappointment for most is correspondingly large.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    If I could fix one thing about relics, it would be the smoothness of the flow into and from your striker’s hits.

They are right now a minor part of the game even if the shards seem to be everywhere. But the way they interrupt the flow of a combo feels poorly designed.

Dr. Zola
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Relics are not adding anything to the game other than a way whales can boost prestige for AQ.

For 90% + of the player base, it's kinda pointless. Yay I can extend a combo a little bit and maybe end a fight before the turtle AI can do a sp3? Oh wait, my relic completely whiffed and I eat the SP3 anyway.

I will take any amount of any shards over a relic. At least I can try and get some ISO then.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

If I could fix one thing about relics, it would be the smoothness of the flow into and from your striker’s hits.

They are right now a minor part of the game even if the shards seem to be everywhere. But the way they interrupt the flow of a combo feels poorly designed.

Dr. Zola

Perhaps it's because I've adapted, but they're part of my timing now.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Perhaps it's because I've adapted, but they're part of my timing now.
    I've had instances where the first hit from my striker connects successfully and a subsequent hit either gets blocked or misses. Their hit boxes are definitely a little bit jankier than the ones for normal champions.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Saru2244 said:

I actually really like the concept of relics. In my opinion, this partial negative attitude towards Relics is simply because the introduction wasn't done well. Relics were announced as upgrading the existing champs. In some posts I read that relics should ensure that the 5* and 6* champs can continue to be used adequately when the 7* champs come. That sounds very good and the expectations are accordingly. But then you only get 3* relics at the start. What do you do with the new relics? Of course you tie them to the best champs you have, you don't want to waste the new gimmicks on average champs. But then you realize that the 3 and partly also 4* relics for the 6* champs hardly bring any benefit. It takes forever in the fights until you can use the relics and the impact is very manageable. The disappointment for most is correspondingly large.

The thing that's odd too is that Relics are completely walled off from the summoner until they're Uncollected. So I think it's reasonable to assume that a max level 3* Relic would still be strong enough to be meaningful to a 4*R5 or 5*R3 champion. But they really just aren't. Not even mentioning that actually having enough Tier 1 Basic Alloy to rank up a 3* Star is impossible at the moment.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I have lots of relic crystals that is waiting to be opened, but I refuse to open and invest by giving more time and resources on it. We already have champions that is taking up our resources and time as it is and there is really no reason at all to put relic in this beautiful game. Relic itself doesn’t really work in this game’s environment and it serve nothing more than a prestige. The champions itself that we hunt and collect are the reward itself in term of prestige and what kit a champion can offer. The rank up materials for the relic champions are growing larger and larger in my stash that I simply only sell them for golds.

In the end it’s basically our own fault as majority didn’t wanted kabam to put a 7* champions in the game as it felt too early or that many have only just started to be able to r3-r4 their 6* champions as an free to play player(s) so what happened? Relic was introduced and now many of us don’t want it.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★

Thats how I feel about the striker button position.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Mcoc is unfair! Kabam is in there!
    Adding More Changes! Forcing Us To Claim Relics!!

• GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    can we move the striker button to the right? putting it bottom left gets in the way of block and dashback!