Options

Infamous Doom Basic Pool Date Changed?

So now Infamous Doom will be added to the basic pool on 2/21 and not 1/31 as it’s been predicted for many many months now. Myself as of many others chose Tech Abyss Nexus crystals from Cyber Week Sales for this exact reason of him entering the basic pool when he was originally said to. These weren’t cheap crystals to purchase and many of us have many of them as well as the normal 3 champ tech nexus crystals and the Cav tech nexus crystals. None of which were free. So now the exact reason we all spent our money on these specific class nexus crystals for the specific champ that was said to be entering the basic pool on a specific date has now changed. If this was said then most of us if not all of us would’ve picked another class. This isn’t right and in a way is false advertising. Can’t get my money back because then here comes the red units zone. So can Kabam make this right somehow? Allow players to reselect the class? Leave Infamous Doom to enter the basic pool as he was originally said to? I’m not happy as are many of not all in this situation. So making things right would be very much appreciated by all players effected. Especially after the hundreds of thousands spent on this game on cyber week.

Comments

• Options
    Blue_007Blue_007 Posts: 38

Make what right? Compensate us because the "predicted" date wasn't correct? This changes literally nothing besides the date at which you might or might not pull iDoom. Your crystals aren't going to suddenly expire prior to this date, they aren't going to not allow you to get iDoom from them. This is just crying for the sake of wanting something extra.

Kabam didn't come out and say "Buy these crystals because iDoom will be in them on 1/31" and it's extremely petty to be upset that what we "thought" was going to happen, without any information being told to us, doesn't happen. That's like if it leaked that a certain champ was supposed to come out next month and it ended up being a different champ. Kabam doesn't owe you anything because you chose to believe information that wasn't given from them.

Edit: it's perfectly fine to be upset about it. I'm sitting on tech nexuses too and I wish he was coming sooner. What's not okay is to feel like you're entitled to some kind of compensation or have things "made right" because you believed an outside source.

Always someone to respond like this lol. Got to love it lol
  • Options
    Blue_007Blue_007 Posts: 38
    Giome said:

Make what right? Compensate us because the "predicted" date wasn't correct? This changes literally nothing besides the date at which you might or might not pull iDoom. Your crystals aren't going to suddenly expire prior to this date, they aren't going to not allow you to get iDoom from them. This is just crying for the sake of wanting something extra.

Kabam didn't come out and say "Buy these crystals because iDoom will be in them on 1/31" and it's extremely petty to be upset that what we "thought" was going to happen, without any information being told to us, doesn't happen. That's like if it leaked that a certain champ was supposed to come out next month and it ended up being a different champ. Kabam doesn't owe you anything because you chose to believe information that wasn't given from them.

Edit: it's perfectly fine to be upset about it. I'm sitting on tech nexuses too and I wish he was coming sooner. What's not okay is to feel like you're entitled to some kind of compensation or have things "made right" because you believed an outside source.

And who are you to say what’s right or wrong? He expressed his opinion in a respectful manner. You might disagree with him but he certainly has a point. For months the champion release date has been changed and there was no announcement that this was a bug which lead people to believe it was intended. It is quite frustrating that out of the blue this was changed letting down people who have chosen the tech nexus. Does kabam has the right to do it? Sure. Is it a move that makes some players extremely disappointed? 100%. So it is totally understandable that some asks respectfully to make this “right”.
    Thank you. Don’t think he may be taking into consideration the tens of thousands spent just alone on picking the tech nexus crystals which were in the Odin deals. The most expensive of them all.
  • Options
    VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 ★★
    Giome said:

And who are you to say what’s right or wrong? He expressed his opinion in a respectful manner. You might disagree with him but he certainly has a point. For months the champion release date has been changed and there was no announcement that this was a bug which lead people to believe it was intended. It is quite frustrating that out of the blue this was changed letting down people who have chosen the tech nexus. Does kabam has the right to do it? Sure. Is it a move that makes some players extremely disappointed? 100%. So it is totally understandable that some asks respectfully to make this “right”.
    Which is why I made the edit of it's fine to be upset. Who is he to to ask devs of this? Do you realize the kind of stress responses like this put on game developers? Someone being upset about something that they believed, due in zero part to the company themselves, is now blaming the company for what they believed.

Again, it's perfectly reasonable to be upset or aggravated about it. But you're asking people, who had nothing to do with the root cause of your frustrations, to remedy said frustrations. These kinds of "opinions" put immense amount of stress on game devs for making the simplest of decisions. I understand where this person is coming from, and I apologize if I was too blunt in my response, but please understand that there are people on the other side of this. Asking someone to fix something that they, realistically, didn't cause puts additional stress for zero reason. Kabam employs already have to put up with enough **** from our community.
  • Options
    VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 ★★
    Blue_007 said:

Giome said:

Thank you. Don’t think he may be taking into consideration the tens of thousands spent just alone on picking the tech nexus crystals which were in the Odin deals. The most expensive of them all.
    I am taking the cost into account. Put you're adding a cost as if there is something lost, nothing is lost. They aren't taking away the crystals, they aren't saying iDoom is no longer going to be in them. They're just making us wait an extra three weeks. As I noted in an above response, I understand your frustration and I apologize if my original response was too blunt. However, you're using "we spent so much on these" in a way that only makes sense if Kabam took them away from you. They didn't. You believed something from a third party source that said you'd get it at x date (as did I) and now the ACTUAL source is telling you it's a different date. That is not Kabam's fault, and people with your opinion making it Kabam's fault just puts more stress on a game dev that already gets tons of **** from their game's community on a daily basis.
  • Options
    GiomeGiome Posts: 170 ★★

Blue_007 said:

Giome said:

I am taking the cost into account. Put you're adding a cost as if there is something lost, nothing is lost. They aren't taking away the crystals, they aren't saying iDoom is no longer going to be in them. They're just making us wait an extra three weeks. As I noted in an above response, I understand your frustration and I apologize if my original response was too blunt. However, you're using "we spent so much on these" in a way that only makes sense if Kabam took them away from you. They didn't. You believed something from a third party source that said you'd get it at x date (as did I) and now the ACTUAL source is telling you it's a different date. That is not Kabam's fault, and people with your opinion making it Kabam's fault just puts more stress on a game dev that already gets tons of **** from their game's community on a daily basis.
    But they did take away something. The value of the tech nexus is way lower now it is not just a matter waiting. I’m aware that there is always a risk involved in saving crystals but I don’t think it’s a nice move to make such an announced change when it was never communicated that there was a bug. Again, I’m not saying we must be compensated but it’s not unfair to ask for compensation as they did fail to communicate the issue.
  • Options
    __SF____SF__ Posts: 288 ★★
    I don’t think he was asking for compensation. Just plain ask to push the date closer to what he was originally or let him choose his nexus again. Not sure if kabam will do anything about it. I just hope this isn’t a way of trying to make even “more” money by making the featured crystal more tempting rather than letting some folks pull this champ before that crystal releases. I hope they do release him sooner tho.

Blessings,
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

As far as I remember, there were announcements, even rare in game messages, saying that they changed the pace for basic pool additions almost a year ago. I believe it was around the time Kitty Pryde was going to get in the basic. We already had incidents when champs where in the basic at the same time with their featured appearances. I mean, it was an official reschedule by Kabam.
    Why now they call it an error? Isn't better to say "we tried it, it doesn't add up, we re sorry, we re changing it back".?

Actually, I think you are right.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Blue_007 said:

So now Infamous Doom will be added to the basic pool on 2/21 and not 1/31 as it’s been predicted for many many months now. Myself as of many others chose Tech Abyss Nexus crystals from Cyber Week Sales for this exact reason of him entering the basic pool when he was originally said to. These weren’t cheap crystals to purchase and many of us have many of them as well as the normal 3 champ tech nexus crystals and the Cav tech nexus crystals. None of which were free. So now the exact reason we all spent our money on these specific class nexus crystals for the specific champ that was said to be entering the basic pool on a specific date has now changed. If this was said then most of us if not all of us would’ve picked another class. This isn’t right and in a way is false advertising. Can’t get my money back because then here comes the red units zone. So can Kabam make this right somehow? Allow players to reselect the class? Leave Infamous Doom to enter the basic pool as he was originally said to? I’m not happy as are many of not all in this situation. So making things right would be very much appreciated by all players effected. Especially after the hundreds of thousands spent on this game on cyber week.

Are those nexus crystals going to expire or something? The predictions are not Kabam communications, they’re assumptions made based on a cycle that can clearly be changed. This specific scenario is actually the first time I think I’ve seen them communicate dates for champions release ahead of time. You absolutely cannot blame Kabam for 3rd party information you accepted as law.
  • Options

Blue_007 said:

Are those nexus crystals going to expire or something? The predictions are not Kabam communications, they’re assumptions made based on a cycle that can clearly be changed. This specific scenario is actually the first time I think I’ve seen them communicate dates for champions release ahead of time. You absolutely cannot blame Kabam for 3rd party information you accepted as law.
    This has nothing to do with 3rd party predictions. It was extremely reasonable to expect idoom to join the basic at the same time as the 5* as an in game announcement stated several months ago. You can disagree on whether or not this is something that needs to be compensated but there is nothing wrong in asking for it. The timing of this change is the key, had this been announced next month and fir the next champion no one would have complained.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,294 ★★★★
    The intrinsic value of Abyss Tech crystal remains the same - whether IDoom is present on 1/31 or 2/21, it is still the same pool of Tech champions.

The value of Abyss Tech crystal vs the 5 other non-Tech Abyss crystals, also remains the same as each classes pool remains the same regardless of if iDoom is present on 1/31 or 2/21. However, deciding which class to pick could be affected by the Featured crystal.

The value of Abyss Tech crystal vs Featured 6-star crystal is the only one that has truly changed. If a player pulls iDoom from the featured in the beginning of February, then the Abyss Tech might feel worthless on 2/21.
    Whether that merits compensation or not (and what type of compensation), is debatable.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

altavista said:

The intrinsic value of Abyss Tech crystal remains the same - whether IDoom is present on 1/31 or 2/21, it is still the same pool of Tech champions.

The value of Abyss Tech crystal vs the 5 other non-Tech Abyss crystals, also remains the same as each classes pool remains the same regardless of if iDoom is present on 1/31 or 2/21. However, deciding which class to pick could be affected by the Featured crystal.

The value of Abyss Tech crystal vs Featured 6-star crystal is the only one that has truly changed. If a player pulls iDoom from the featured in the beginning of February, then the Abyss Tech might feel worthless on 2/21.
    Whether that merits compensation or not (and what type of compensation), is debatable.

It’s value for me personally goes way down because I have all tech 6 stars except doom and was banking on being able to get him before he entered the featured. I’m gonna open like 40+ featured crystals before he enters the basic so I’ll most likely get him way before he enters the tech abyss nexus and I’ll awaken him with a gem if I don’t get him twice since 6 star gems are not worth anything really to me. If I had known he wasn’t getting added until late February I wouldn’t be sitting on 3 tech abyss nexus crystals
    I couldn’t agree more
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

altavista said:

It’s value for me personally goes way down because I have all tech 6 stars except doom and was banking on being able to get him before he entered the featured. I’m gonna open like 40+ featured crystals before he enters the basic so I’ll most likely get him way before he enters the tech abyss nexus and I’ll awaken him with a gem if I don’t get him twice since 6 star gems are not worth anything really to me. If I had known he wasn’t getting added until late February I wouldn’t be sitting on 3 tech abyss nexus crystals
    He benefits greatly from sig 200 with regen, block proficiency, and prestige, so it could save you an AG or sig stones at least 🫠

You also never know, you might not get from from 40 featured crystals. It is always a nice backup option.
  • Options
    ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 292 ★★★

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    It’s not false advertising because it was never advertised.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    You already bought the tech nexus crystals? Then Iron Doom won't ever be available in those, right? Just the champs in the pool when you bought the crystals?
  • Options
    ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 292 ★★★
    edited January 2023

You already bought the tech nexus crystals? Then Iron Doom won't ever be available in those, right? Just the champs in the pool when you bought the crystals?

you missed the news: that's incorrect.

The Abyss Crystals (and any Nexus or basic crystal) will pull from the pool *at the time of opening*.

Meaning Iron Doom will be in the Abyss Tech Nexus Crystals if you wait to open until he's added to Basic Pool.
  • Options
    __SF____SF__ Posts: 288 ★★
    @Colinwhitworth69 no. It was already explained. Whatever champs are currently on at the moment for basic will be in.

Side note….Put back into iron man to mid/end January pls