Options

AI reaction (am I the only one?)

Like I mentioned, it seems way too fast these days.

I’m the one attacking with a combo and before I even have a second to block or dash back , the damn AI has already hit me with a fricking combo of its own.

If it was the other way around, I would have no chance reacting that damn fast.

Is the game protecting itself way too much?

A bit tired of it these days.

Comments

• Options
    KlizeusKlizeus Posts: 15
    The AI is much better now, which I actually like, but the difficulty was also raised.

I was always hoping for better AI at the expense of less Nodes. Basically making it more similar to playing another player.
  • Options
    shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★

If by some miracle we manage to avoid the onslaught of the lightning quick AI, by the time we've come out of our dizzy spell from trying keep track of how much faster they can move than us, then try to counter the AI will have their countermeasures already waiting for us to press the button and run into face first.

Like Jessica Jones in the January 23 EQ (cavalier) unstoppable as soon as you launch a special, then REMAINS unstoppable for at least 10 seconds, so nothing can be done with her until that goes away, then chuck the NODES in for good measure.

Ka-scam!

Quake?
  • Options
    KanoooKanooo Posts: 107
    edited July 2023
    Let me dig up an old post and add something.

Just had another nice little interaction with the AI.

Well I was pummeling it and cornered it. Stunned the little &$@ and (which had no power to use specials). As i usually do, i hit it with 3 heavies.

On the 3rd hit, (im sure it still hasnt reached sp1 yet) the little @&"$ suddenly hit me with sp1. Where did it get it from? Really. :D

I mean, i didnt die but still... Who knows if this has been happening all along (now and then) and we didnt notice it at times?
  • Options
    FuneralMistFuneralMist Posts: 97 ★★
    Kanooo said:

Let me dig up an old post and add something.

Just had another nice little interaction with the AI.

Well I was pummeling it and cornered it. Stunned the little &$@ and (which had no power to use specials). As i usually do, i hit it with 3 heavies.

On the 3rd hit, (im sure it still hasnt reached sp1 yet) the little @&"$ suddenly hit me with sp1. Where did it get it from? Really. :D

I mean, i didnt die but still... Who knows if this has been happening all along (now and then) and we didnt notice it at times?

I second this! Numerous times av had the AI throw a special out of nowhere while no bar of power or either stunned 😳
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,820 ★★★★

It's certainly tense Kanooo, people are struggling against the AI, they can't parry, they can't dodge, kabam has cut the funding for ftp
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    Can I also add to the fact that when you try to hold block, it just doesn't sometimes, and more often than not you unintentionally also run into the opponent, catching just the right amount of hits to the face. Haha, worst part, half of the time parry doesn't work.

Anyway, i remember how there was an increase in difficulty, due to the community complaining about how easy, boring and unchallenging the content was, "where's the fun anymore?" Kinda serves us right, the AI behaving this way. Frankly, we bought it upon ourselves....
  • Options
    hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Posts: 271 ★★

You can watch any top player and see how much the AI changes are affecting them.

AI is just intercepting with lights, specials, doing parries into combos, backdrafting into specials/combos, etc. But no change to the AI per Kabam.

The most asinine part is that infuriate and intimidate don't work. I've had AI throw specials in all kinds of situations where they really shouldn't be. Like Mantis intimidate, go in, and eat a special to the face.

infuriate works but its been nerfed quite a bit. when your opponent is infuriated hit with a medium then hold block for a half second and dash back then perform an intercept. should always work.
  • Options
    JMC2007JRJMC2007JR Posts: 48
    This AI is on something FR. There recovery time is freaking off the charts. Yesterday in a BGs match it was a classic matchup for me doom vs overseer a match I know I can win and off the rip the AI decides to side step me when usually they would dash in or hold block or something and I'm eating a 5 hit combo. That really made mad so of course more mistakes happened and I lost the match. Fix your AI Kabam.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 681 ★★★★
    Not only they are insanely fast but the constant attempt to light intercept us is ridiculous, with the combo tracker you can see that almost everytime you dash for a combo, the AI use a light attack
    Also i always wonder why the AI keeps dashing back and pressing block like 5 times in 2s? Annoys the hell out of me zzz in fights that have a really hard AI profile, they do that more often and even faster
    If you fight warlock in EOP you'll see that you can't even notice the full animation for his block because of how fast they do that
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 576 ★★★
    Was fighting sorc spidey in EQ, and he was able to throw a medium and trigger his miss between my 3rd and 4th light attack, happened a couple times.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,595 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

Funny story. I haven't tried TB EQ yet. Just haven't wanted to attempt it yet.
    I jumped in last night, and 2 Fights later, I jumped back out. I don't know what the hell is with that AI, but it's insane.

Don’t often see you agree on community posts like this, but nice to see.

Yeah the combo of AI reacting quickly along with latency causing my inputs to not process has definitely been frustrating. Most aggravating is eating hits to the face while block is up or having the first hit of my special connect only to see the rest get blocked