**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My thoughts at TB difficulty after exploration

BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

I explored the TB difficulty because i was very excited for it. First of all i am Paragon player so my thoughts comes differently than TB players.

For me it was letdown because i expected something interactive and innovative challenge. It feels like TB difficulty was pushed in hurry. It feels unpolished to me as some lanes like in mystic didn't even made sense. Then there were certain defenders as well who were placed without a thought; regarding their interaction with nodes. TBH it's cav eq with 20-30% increase in HP pools that's it.

Tho i expected more hp pool but since in TB domain there are lot of players who have 1 r3 to rosters stacked with Many r3s. For early and mid TB , it's going to be really awesome amd challenging content imo. Seems a perfect content to make them grow.

As i said , as Paragon players rewards seems kinda okish. R4 mats are good and gold was really solid but apart from that nothing excited me much. But on positive side, if i was a TB player, I would really push for exploration as those rewards are really solid for such accounts imo. But still some rewards can get some more buff like T4cc selector can be increased by 2 in each chapter, 4-5k more 6 star shards will be perfect.. that's it.

It was still quite good time killer for me as it was lengthy than cav eq not by much margin but still quite good in terms of fighting time. Will suggest to make nodes more interactive rather than placing KG on power burn path 🗿🗿🗿. But since its first eq, let's hope things change for good next time.

Comments

• JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 389 ★★★
    I haven’t done all of the EQ yet (taking my time this month, I’ve found I get bored halfway through when I’ve fully explored within the first day, and I also want to save these shards for the next featured, and I have a problem trying to save,) but I’m having a lot of fun. I only have 3 r4’s right now, two being mutant (8.1 gave me a gem I already had ranked :’]) and it’s been very well paced.

Like you said, it feels unpolished. The nodes switch from old school Cav difficulty, to the cross charges. Which I’ve never seen before in a quest, although they might have appeared while I was away. They were just a bit wordy and difficult to understand.

Seems fun right now, I’m excited to keep going. Super excited to fight Zemo and get wrecked :D.

Jinx
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    Jinxesaxe said:

I haven’t done all of the EQ yet (taking my time this month, I’ve found I get bored halfway through when I’ve fully explored within the first day, and I also want to save these shards for the next featured, and I have a problem trying to save,) but I’m having a lot of fun. I only have 3 r4’s right now, two being mutant (8.1 gave me a gem I already had ranked :’]) and it’s been very well paced.

Like you said, it feels unpolished. The nodes switch from old school Cav difficulty, to the cross charges. Which I’ve never seen before in a quest, although they might have appeared while I was away. They were just a bit wordy and difficult to understand.

Seems fun right now, I’m excited to keep going. Super excited to fight Zemo and get wrecked :D.

Jinx

Cross charges are not even working properly.
    For Zemo use Apoc for easy time. It will be fine.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★

I think it was rushed or if not rushed, it wasn't really something they wanted to re-invent. I am disappointed it's Cav difficulty re-skinned into TB. Same thing, longer fights. It's not challenging at all. The last thing I wanted was another mindless piece of content you can do without thinking about it.

The nodes promote the same champs to be used all the time. This is one of the reasons why Metas like Electric Defense and Hit me I dare you can't exist.

I agree with you on this if it not was sarcasm 😂😂😂. But jokes apart, your statement regarding meta is 100% accurate. Using same champs is not only boring but it also creates a situation where players ability to learn new things diminish and thus when something actually comes to test our skills, rant about Nerf starts.

TBH , TB eq actually don't even feel TB to me. it just that rewards have been buffed from cav and slight difficulty increased which is not even noticeable.
    If this trend continues i would rather have permanent content with one time reward like Gauntlet rather than eq re skinned.
    No sarcasm at all.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I agree with it essentially just being "Difficulty = 20% health increase."

The rewards aren't that enticing, but at the same time, since it is not really difficult it doesn't warrant amazing rewards (like a Gauntlet type quest).

EQ for Paragons used to be a decent source of rank up materials for relatively low effort (Paragon objectives on Cav level difficulty). Now it is a more decent source of rank up materials for average effort. To me, the % bump in rank up materials doesn't match the greater %% bump in effort.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,208 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Agree with the comments above. Seems like more of the same with slightly higher health pools. Personally I was hoping for the content to be harder.

More Harder but shorter. The paths are too damn long.
    I liked fighting all new Champs and defenders.
    Can't say I didn't enjoy it completely, but it could be much better regarding time and energy investment.

For most things in game I most probably say that 'it's fine and I dont mind it'.
    But this TB EQ is lacking in some way.
    Not fine, No!
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    It's literally just a beefier Cav EQ. I don't know how this took so many months to come out. The rewards are gonna get devalued in a few months and it'll feel the same as Cav EQ.
  • I think it was rushed or if not rushed, it wasn't really something they wanted to re-invent. I am disappointed it's Cav difficulty re-skinned into TB. Same thing, longer fights. It's not challenging at all. The last thing I wanted was another mindless piece of content you can do without thinking about it.

The nodes promote the same champs to be used all the time. This is one of the reasons why Metas like Electric Defense and Hit me I dare you can't exist.

Sadly last time they changed the nodes everybody had a heart attack because they had to rank different champions. Sensing a theme here :/ almost like we have 190 invisible champs.
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 288 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    I hope Kabam is listening and actively looking to "fix" Thronebreaker difficulty for the future.

And for God's sake: Make the 100% Exploration for either Cav OR Thronebreaker difficulty; don't just take that away from Cavalier EQ players - especially since it was done without warning or announcement ahead of time. (note: this doesn't affect me, I'm Paragon with a deep roster ranked, but it was bad for "business" and goodwill of the lower players who can do only Cavalier EQ 100%)
  • GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100

Cross charges are not even working properly.
    For Zemo use Apoc for easy time. It will be fine.

Cross charges are working for me. Remember that if they say "you can use #avengers or skill" or something like that, the cross charges apply only to the tagged champions. Skill champions in general will not get cross charges.

P.S. I think the design is stupid. Cross charges should apply to either everyone or no one. But this is the way it has always been after they rolled out the tagged buff and people didn't like it for being too restrictive, and the following month they made this "tag or class based" node

• TheCipeTheCipe Posts: 29
    Do you use recoil masteries? if so, would you recommend them for Thronebreaker difficulty? If you don't use them, was it fine to explore without them?
  • JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 389 ★★★
    TheCipe said:

Do you use recoil masteries? if so, would you recommend them for Thronebreaker difficulty? If you don't use them, was it fine to explore without them?

Mostly depends on the champ you’re using. Can’t really give generalizations.

Jinx
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    TheCipe said:

It depends upon the champ and player

As for me i don't use recoil masteries at all as it restricts half of my champs
    For TB Eq , I would not recommend to use recoil masteries as it have good hp pool and using special with it can be a problem.
  • GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100

the Mystic chapter has to be the most disappointing Mystic chapter to date. after realizing how stupid the combination of nodes are for Mystic champs, i just pretended it didn't exist and took Valerie into it. I assume Shang CHi would do the same. but I just ignored the Mystic class altogether on that chapter.

I am not quite sure what is wrong with the mystic chapter? I used r4 Mojo, r3 BWCV and r4 Doom, plus two slots for the boss. I was able to get through all fights with relative ease except for one stupid fight: domino. That domino costs me 4 revives because power drain failed almost every time (and so does everything else) and I kept getting degen.