**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Options
    _Fun2dcore__Fun2dcore_ Posts: 8
    In-Game Name: Fun2dcore
    Device and Model: iPhone 12
    Device Operating System: iOS 16.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: most recent
    Game Mode: All

When I’m playing for more than 20 or 30 minutes, the game just crashes and makes me restart, and when coming back to the fight, I only have half health left. Also, when I’m trying to block or dash back, sometimes my champion dashes forwards instead, and my parry doesn’t work half the time.
  • Options
    MkeyMkey Posts: 6
    I would like to mention freezing problem of the game.
    Iphone 8
    IOS 16.1.1
    While fighting with enemy, the time enemy uses special attacks, the game freezes and I couldn’t escape due to freeze of the frame (it takes about 1 second) . This situation happens mostly for both AQ and AW. This situation is really annoying. I will share the video soon.
  • Options
    DanxorDanxor Posts: 91
    Iphone SE 2020

When grinding arenas crashes every 10 or so matches (30 fights) This used to be great once the memory leak was fixed seems like we have a new one that is even worse.
  • Options
    FuriousImpalerFuriousImpaler Posts: 50
    edited December 2022
    In-Game Name: FuriousImpaler
    Device and Model: iphone 14 Pro
    Device Operating System: iOS 16.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: occurs on wifi or cellular. mainly use wi-fi
    Game Version Installed: 37.1.0
    Game Mode: All - AW, AQ, Story quests, side quests, event quests, arenas, etc etc

Continuing to have input issues causing a dash forward or dash back when trying to land a heavy attack or parrying. Inability to trigger special button despite landing finger on exact location of button. Can hit special button several times with no trigger.

@Kabam Miike It is my opinion that the issue lies with the Yaw, Pitch and Roll sensor(s) on the iPhone 14. Lots of reported issues with this model phone. I have found the input issues SEEM to occur less if I hold the phone in front of me at about 45 degree angle away from me, with right side of phone lower and left side of phone higher (almost as if you had a glass of water half full, your holding the iphone sideways as if to keep the water in the glass.

The input issues persist but holding phone like that reduces them. Can you get that info to who ever is looking into the iOS issues?
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Danxor said:

Iphone SE 2020

When grinding arenas crashes every 10 or so matches (30 fights) This used to be great once the memory leak was fixed seems like we have a new one that is even worse.

Mine is with every fight both before and after for the most part. Granted I have an iPhone 6. I'm convinced this is the issue plaguing multiple people over different types of iPhones.
  • Options
    Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    In-Game Name: ronnyman889
    Device and Model: iphone XR
    Game Version Installed: 37.1.0

After the release of 37.1 game is having stuttering fight start. Attacker’s dashing forward while swiping left or holding. Specials are not registering.
    Inputs are not registered or are registering late.

Defenders are sometimes very fast to throw a heavy attack after the run in to the center.
    How to defend that whey are able to fire that so quickly m?

Defenders move quicker now in general and throw heavies and specials faster. It looks like a frame rate issue.
  • Options
    Visigoth123Visigoth123 Posts: 10
    So, seems like there's no hope of getting the stray dash forwards and back fixed on the newer iPhones? Been months, no updates about it...
  • Options
    Lennon123Lennon123 Posts: 40

So, seems like there's no hope of getting the stray dash forwards and back fixed on the newer iPhones? Been months, no updates about it...

I can’t take any serious fight as one dash forward and I am out, this is very frustrating
  • Options
    1_Vastier1_Vastier Posts: 7
    I’m not putting another dime into this game until this dash forward issue is fixed. Any hard content is pretty much impossible to get through as one of these random dashes ends the match. AQ is suffering now as well. Unfortunately may have to consider stepping out of my alliance because I am now having to use potions to keep up where I didn’t have to before. Once I’m out, I’m done.
  • Options
    Jroy727Jroy727 Posts: 3
    Swiftking2.0
    iphone 7
    ios15.7.1
    4g, Wifi
    Game just crashes randomly mid-fight
  • Options
    Visigoth123Visigoth123 Posts: 10
    edited December 2022
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if the stray dash forwards and backs on the newer iPhones were fixed. How glorious it would be to actually be able to Parry Heavy without sloshing around on the screen like you're on a Slip n' Slide; to be able to hold a Block and not run into a Special like you're Leeroy Jenkins; to be able to reliably get through content without having to endlessly chug potions like it's a Friday night on a pay day and then having to put your phone down and walk away because you're too pissed off to play anymore. One can dream...
  • Options
    ReaperStrongReaperStrong Posts: 12
    I'm so glad I found this thread, I have an iPhone XS and was planning to upgrade so that I can try for Legends runs, XS crashes and burns after an hour and lag between fights gets longer. But wow upgrading to newer model seems to be even more troublesome!! I don't face these many issues on my iPhone XS.

Can't believe these aren't fixed or no update from Kabam on this.
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    Experiencing input issues like random dash ins on new iPhone 14. My iPhone 12 still does not have these issues. Same iOS
  • Options
    Just completed Act 3,it shows all rewards claimed but not reflected in my account
    Pls 🙏 fix this
  • Options
    MattDMattD Posts: 2
    MattD40
    iPhone 14 pro
    iOS 16.2
    Verizon
    Last Mcoc version
    Happens on Wi-Fi and cellular 5g

Recently switched from Samsung s10e to iPhone 14 pro. Significant decrease in playability due to faulty input. Also increased lag and seemingly decreased frame rate. Odd as iPhone 14 so much better.

Inputs like initial parry at beginning of fight often missed. During defenders specials, my champ often dashes into special instead of dexing back like I want. Been playing game 5+ years, so doubt user error. Sometimes add extra hits from my champ when I didn’t input that. These input errors did not happen on Samsung s10e. For about 2 weeks, had game on both phones using Wi-Fi at home and experienced these input errors on phone 14 pro but not Samsung s10e. Makes playing complex champs like Shang chi almost impossible.
  • Options
    Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    In-Game Name: ronnyman889
    Device and Model: iphone XR
    Game Version Installed: 37.1.1

Lost connection in AQ, timed out eventually after a long wait. Logged back in and the health was reduced to half, thanks a lot.
    Clicked helped to reduce the wait to the alliance. Same thing happened. Timed out after a long spin.

Having a longer logging into the game than usually and a combo with The wheel spinning, Disconnected symbol blinking
  • Options
    WilkopuppyWilkopuppy Posts: 22
    Since I’ve switched to iPhone 14 the game has gone to hell. Looks like I’m not the only one. Random dashes. Poor frame rate. Dropped and missing inputs. It’s all there in every game mode. It’s nonsense that the game works so much worse in a new model phone than my old iPhone XR. Not surprising I’ve not seen any word from kabam addressing this even though there have been multiple complaints about this issue.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Todays update brought horrible gameplay, blocks failing keeps double medium when I’m tapping light
    iPhone 12 latest everything
  • Options
    Clam_Chowda1Clam_Chowda1 Posts: 1
    edited January 2023
    Clam Chowda
    LG G8 Thin Q
    Android version 12
    Happens on cellular and wi-fi
    Version 37.2.0
    The issues are occurring in every game mode it seems as I've had it occur in AQ, AW and quests

I've been dealing with major gameplay issues since I've downloaded the newest version especially involving blocking, parrying and dexterity. Blocks are not responding or don't last long and I'm getting pummeled by champs I would normally easily beat.
    It is most concerning in AQ and AW as it is costing the use of more potions than I would normally use.

Another issue is sometimes when I try to move from one screen to another, the game will freeze and also there are the known issues dealing with the crystals page. The main issue however is the gameplay as it really detracts from how great the game used to be. I would rather sacrifice content, the stores and relics to get back to great gameplay again. Thanks for your time and looking into these issues.

Alan
  • Options
    ImridulImridul Posts: 4
    UserName : iMridul
    iOS version - iPadOS 16.1.1
    Model IPad Pro 2022

Battleground matches are exiting and shows forfeited.
    Swipe backs/touch is not responsive at times.
  • Options
    Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    Blaker78
    iOS version - 16.2
    Model - iPhone 14

Random dash attacks when holding block. Block not triggering when trying to hold block. Dashing backwards when trying to hold block. I can't participate in AQ with this phone and have stopped doing any difficult content as its impossible to complete.
    Will Kabam ever admit that this is a real issue and provide some sort of update on if its even being looked into?
  • Options
    EshtieveyEshtievey Posts: 31
    edited January 2023
    As advised bu Kabam Porthos.. posting here.

Sarawatlism
    Iphone X - I0S 16.2

Working on monthly EQ Thronebreaker. No boosts no nothing at all just my 6* R3 Moleman. Was about to fight boss Modok when apparently my full health Moleman is missing in action. Has he become invinsible already, I wasn't aware?

Had no choice but to quit the game and as always quitting the game would mean a KO on you. Had to use potions to get on with it.

Is this something Kabam can work on please? Aside from the massive control issues, there are also tons of bugs that is significantly affecting players experience.

Hoping can be addressed.

By the way I'm using our home wifi in case. I have an actual video to show but no where can be attached here.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Best way to post video is upload to YouTube and share link.
  • Options
    BravardoBravardo Posts: 26
    In-Game Name: Bravardo
    Device and Model: IPad Air 2
    Device Operating System: iOS 15.7.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 1262598
    Game Mode: Battlegrounds

Cannot play one game in game in battlegrounds since season 3. When I click on find opponent it gives me “unknown error, please try again later” Tickets have been created, but nothing yet. Will stop spending until resolved, only thing I can do now
  • Options

Diamond Geek
    Iphone 12
    iOS 16.2
    Both wifi and 4/5G (T-Mobile)
    Gameversion 37.2.2
    All game modes (AW,AQ and story in particular)
    Parry and dexterity doesn’t work, sometimes it does show it on the screen but doesn’t do anything
    Normal blocking is delayed
    Dashing delayed and sometimes don’t respond at all
    Heavy attacks delayed and with lag
    Heavy attacks that hit the opponent but they don’t respond to it and still counter
    These issues have gotten worse for me since the last update..

• Options
    SmokyWahnSmokyWahn Posts: 5
    For all the people they don’t want longer stupid promises from Kabam. In another forum I found a better solution. You must contact apple or Google and call them your problems and that Kabam makes nothing. If enough people do this apple and Google will contact Kabam and if they don’t solve this problems apple and Google take the game out from the store until the problems are solved. Share this message with all the people you know to make some pressure to Kabam.
  • Options
    SmokyWahnSmokyWahn Posts: 5
    The game doesn’t run smoothly it feels like 20 fps.
    In the stadion I fight every time agains the same people. When this game has millions of players around the world why I’m fighting 90% of the fights against the same 10 people. I have talked with friends and they have the same problem in the stadion
    The controls are also wrecked. The block/parry doesn’t work in 50% of the fights and if parry works and I want attack I dash backwards. If want dash backwards I jump forward and attack. Sometimes when I want parry I attack.
    Instead to rebuild character designs or raise the game difficult it will be nice to solve this problems. Your don’t need to raise the difficult from the game all this problems makes it hard enough to play and all these problems not new I have this problems since more than 2 years. In the beginning Kabam gave us a compensation and the promise to fix it and nothing happened. Kabam just stopped to give us a compensation. Of course the make more money if we need the buy tons of revive and health portions.