**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The difficulty increase is ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    ADDIS0N said:

Forum

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Filling in some details for you all:

The overall intention when adjusting difficulties:
    "We wanted players' opponents to more closely match the power we (incorrectly) assumed those players had at their disposal. To get an idea of that power, we pulled data on what Rank/Rarity of Champion players were using in Monthly Content based on their PRG vs. The Difficulty they were playing in (Uncollected playing in Cavalier Difficulty vs. Uncollected player in Uncollected Difficulty). There was always the risk this data was overinflated by players sitting in a PRG longer than they were supposed to (especially in Uncollected and Cavalier) but we hadn't estimated how much they were hurting the high volume of players who were fresher to that difficulty."

This discovery is what lead to the follow up adjustment yesterday. The result was, "threat levels 1-3 had their health tuned down for the [side] Quest, and all difficulties of EQ had their health tuned down, with some attack modifications on Contender, Proven and Conqueror EQ."

Looking at EQ specifically:
    "The champs in the early quests of some difficulties may have higher attack than they used to. The champs in the later quests though actually have less attack than they used to when looking at the old (December) tuning. We bumped up the baseline a bit but flattened stuff out as the EQ progresses."

To massively over-simplify... if we were to give each quest a difficulty value between 1-5, previous iterations would have been 1-2-3-4-5, now we're looking closer to 2-2-3-4-4.

Thanks for this, but I’m confused.

First of all, there has been a clear bump in AI behavior and this has not been included in your reply. I’m occasionally getting punished after successfully landing specials and literally getting chased all the way across the screen trying to dex out of getting pummeled while the defender swings non-stop, chasing me across the screen, catches up, and goes for a full 5 hit combo. I mean, we’re talking about experiencing AI behavior that includes immediately dashing back or going into block after a successful Sp3 because the AI will attack THE SECOND the Sp3 animation is over. I took a long break, but I don’t ever remember this behavior happening before.

And with the plague of dropped inout complaints this game still has, the decision to tune up the defender speed and reaction time is mind boggling to me.

Second, with every other addition of a new difficulty, the tradition has always been to slightly tune down the current highest difficulty, and then slowly ramp up the new difficulty until it was time to add another one. In addition, rewards were almost always baffled slightly across the board. This formula has clearly worked for 8 years … why the change?
    SkyeBerry said:

22344? More like 2-3-4-5-5-6

This is way more accurate.
    Amen, brother.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

I am so sorry to say but Kabam needs to hear it. I found myself logging in and not want to play the new content. When playing Uncollected, I feel like I am playing Cavalier and the rewards are not worth the effort. If this will be the way the content will be moving forward, probably won't play the monthly content anymore. Not because I can't do it, but because the effort does not equal the rewards.

Going to have to disagree with this one. I respect that you feel that way. I don't debate feelings. Just the comparison to Cavalier. Uncollected really isn't that much more amped up after the most recent adjustment. We have a couple of challenging Bosses in 3.1 and 3.2, but otherwise it's not that much harder.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★

I am so sorry to say but Kabam needs to hear it. I found myself logging in and not want to play the new content. When playing Uncollected, I feel like I am playing Cavalier and the rewards are not worth the effort. If this will be the way the content will be moving forward, probably won't play the monthly content anymore. Not because I can't do it, but because the effort does not equal the rewards.

Going to have to disagree with this one. I respect that you feel that way. I don't debate feelings. Just the comparison to Cavalier. Uncollected really isn't that much more amped up after the most recent adjustment. We have a couple of challenging Bosses in 3.1 and 3.2, but otherwise it's not that much harder.
    I don’t think the OP said anything about harder. In last months cavalier, I would bring the attackers who benefitted from the global node and the fight would last for about 20-30 hits for most of them. This month some of the uncollected fights last for equal or more number of hits. If it’s consuming more time then what cavalier from last month was, clearly the OP is right in comparing the uncollected difficulty to last months difficulty.
    If by harder you mean how many revives/items need to be used then that’s not the right comparison. It’s just more tedious and labor intensive to do what was less time consuming for the same amount of rewards.
  • Options

There's actually a button to do that without having to talk about yourself at all. Just under the post of another person you'll see little yellow words. You can click the one that best captures your opinion and never have to type anything.
    Serious question though, are you saying it's not comparable to cav now with the adjustment, cav before the adjustment, or cav last month? Because I'd say uc is fairly close to cav from last month, certainly a lot closer than uc last month was to cav last month.
    The Paths aren't that much more difficult. The Bosses are a bit more amped up, particularly in Chapter 3. It's not similar to Cavalier.
  • Options
    7714dtl said:

That's also not a personal quip so much as it is the result of seeing people argue against umpteen things on here, that we grew into and were better off for in the end.

Is it people argiing with umpteen things or you arguing with umpteen people? Seriously, you dont have to argue with every person whose opinion differs from yours in a thread. Especially a big thread.
    I'm free to express my opinion, like everyone else.
  • Options
    R_jay0027 said:

7714dtl said:

That's also not a personal quip so much as it is the result of seeing people argue against umpteen things on here, that we grew into and were better off for in the end.

Is it people argiing with umpteen things or you arguing with umpteen people? Seriously, you dont have to argue with every person whose opinion differs from yours in a thread. Especially a big thread.
    Except you are trying to defuse their points of view.
    No one is talking to you! They are letting their point of view be know to Kabam. Not you!
    This Forum is first and foremost here for us to discuss the game amongst ourselves. It's not just a direct outlet to Kabam. If we express our views on here, people can and will discuss them.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    KallaiR said:

what i see that it isnt discussed at all, what about QoL? kabam should reduce the ENERGY COST from most of the monthly events! all we get is more and more content and the lower difficulty content needs too much energy for nothing.

@Kabam Miike is this something that could be brought up to the game team. With the amount of content out the energy reduction required for lower eqs sounds like a great idea. If not reduced energy how about reducing the number of paths per chapter by 1 for the lowest 2 eqs.
  • Options
    Kennyb2Kennyb2 Posts: 30
    7714dtl said:

Kennyb2 said:

7714dtl said:

7714dtl said:

Didnt say you weren't. Believe me we are all aware of how free you are to express your opinion and what that opinion is.

1.Kabam did what they did for a reason.
    2. They have data to back it up.
    3. Its there game and they can do what they want.
    4. MCOC is great and we should be happy with what they give us.

Always the same thing with you.

But there is a difference between expressing your opinion on a topic and arguing with every person in a thread who doesn't share yours.
    Do you work for Kabam? What they did and how they did it is totally out of order and downright disrespectful towards the players that fund and keep their business going!

1.Kabam only do what benefits Kabam unfortunately.
    2.If there is data then share it.
    3.It is their game but if they want people to play then these kind of things need to be communicated properly.
    4.MCOC is not great but it could be if only they would focus on fixing the bugs etc. instead of trying to fleece their loyal players of all their cash and time!

This is not the first time this kind of thing has happened and Kabam need to start owning and learning from their mistakes!
    You kinda jumped into the middle of a conversation. I do not work for Kabam. And thos comments are not my opinion. I was just stating what @GroundedWisdom
    always states a variaton of.
    To anyone reading your post it would appear that those are your opinions whether or not you are in a conversation with someone else and if they are indeed not your opinion then why would you post them like that?
  • Options
    TerryoswTerryosw Posts: 11
    Honestly I'm fine with the new changes, just needed to adjust the rewards a little
  • Options
    If you're implying it's me, that's not the case. I have one Account, always have.
    It's really unfortunate that people can't accept others may not agree with them, without getting personal, but here we are.
  • Options
    L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    edited January 2023

Just this one? You literally disagree with 90% of the community almost every single time just to defend Kabam cause Kabam can do no wrong, ever.
This discussion has been closed.