6.3.1 Medusa

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited January 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Was feeling great about getting through Mordo and Champion. Thinking maybe I was starting to understand this game better.

And then 6.3.1 end boss.

Blackbolt fight wasn’t fun but it was doable. This Medusa, however, is ridiculous. It makes me not really care about trying to achieve Thronebreaker any longer.

Will step back and try some other things. I know Warlock, Fury, and AA are decent counters. I had Warlock with me but could barely make a dent.

Really disheartening content. Discouraging. It’s one thing to make a fight difficult and challenging — but you can’t even win this one with Unit Man.

Thanks for reading. Sorry to waste your time.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Warlock, block and heavy, thats all, it will take you time, but I think this is the most easy way, nowadays I think there are easier ways, maybe Moleman, I dont remember which were all the nodes but, thats my advice
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    I've recently been working towards TB as well. Though outdated without newer champs as options I have found MCOC Noob's guides very useful. If I recall correctly I think the Medusa fight was an easy solo with Symbiote Supreme (I don't really use him because I hate how slow his power gain is but I was told about this fight a long time ago so had him at r5 waiting for it, didn't use him before the fight and probably won't use him now that it is done but he was very good for her).
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Honestly I don’t think warlock is a great counter. It’s hard to keep infections up since she has a buff and you’re not comboing. If buffet hits while she isn’t heal blocked, it’s discouraging. It’s fine, but I’ve taken 3 accounts through there and I think you can do better.

Do you have white Magneto for passive/longer stuns? What level deep wounds?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    Squirrel girl works really well for Medusa as well.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 916 ★★★★
    I haven't tried but think I remember hearing Symbiote supreme is really good for that fight. If you have him. When I did it, I used Fury & took off dexterity. As you said, "step back & do other stuff," & come back when you're ready. The fight definitely blows but we all hit a wall somewhere. Don't give up, you'll drop her
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Wolverine with Apoc Horseman shreds her
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,834 ★★★★★
    I used Sym Supreme as well
  • Sadly, don’t have SS except as 4*. Do have 5/5/65 for Fury, AA, and Warlock. Also have 6* Squirrel Girl but never thought to try her.

Sorry if it sounds like I’m whining. I’m just not as good as all of you that made it through. And I’m not sure I can continue to care about getting that good b/c some of us never will be.

Noob — along with other top players/content creators — always make things look so easy. They’re not easy for most of us and I almost appreciate seeing others struggle and overcome rather than watching the experts calmly conquer everything.

I’ll step away, build up more units, continue to collect battle chips by grinding arena (sitting on 750k at the moment) and try again after watching more videos.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughtful responses. It means a lot.
  • Wolverine with Apoc Horseman shreds her

Dang. I’ve got Wolverine, X23, even 5/5/65 Weapon X (got lucky with GBC) — but despite chasing him for 2 years, I still don’t have anything more than a maxed out 4* Apoc.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Member Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Got a joe fixit?
  • Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Member Posts: 153 ★★
    This fight did change post nerf. They took away a node that was helpful to the attacker if I recall correctly as any of the old guides I read when doing this, showed a node that is not there any more. I would have to go and look.

I do agree though. This fight for me was the biggest pain in act 6 until I got to the GM. I did get it done. With Nick Fury. I also took dexterity off before the fight as well due to the node. It was not fun, deep wounds would help for sure but I don’t have that unlocked and refuse to spend more units on masteries.
    Hit monkey would provably be good too, but I did not have him then. Sym Supreme is of course an option but I dont like how he plays so I don’t use him. Squirrel Girl would do the trick too

Killing the GM? That’s a whole other conversation for me.

I wish they never nerfed act 6 lol, ik I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but the game was great before the nerf. People that were tb really worked for the title and it was an accomplishment, now it feels like a trophy for trying.
    Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk
    -Ah Ah Ah Ah SlayinAlive

It’s still the toughest content in the game for most and still an accomplishment.

That being said there should be 2 different TB earned titles in my book. The OG’s that got it done and everyone else. That way the OG’s still get that well earned flex for completing it pre nerf.
  • @Gogeta91199 — yes, as 6* but I have not ranked him up at all. Does he help?
    mata2021 said:

@Gogeta91199 — yes, as 6* but I have not ranked him up at all. Does he help?

Probably one of the best options mate! Rank him up, you will probably find a vid on youtube as he was part of the team for carina challenges! He rinses that fight with ease!
    mata2021 said:

Was feeling great about getting through Mordo and Champion. Thinking maybe I was starting to understand this game better.

And then 6.3.1 end boss.

Blackbolt fight wasn’t fun but it was doable. This Medusa, however, is ridiculous. It makes me not really care about trying to achieve Thronebreaker any longer.

Will step back and try some other things. I know Warlock, Fury, and AA are decent counters. I had Warlock with me but could barely make a dent.

Really disheartening content. Discouraging. It’s one thing to make a fight difficult and challenging — but you can’t even win this one with Unit Man.

Thanks for reading. Sorry to waste your time.

Not a waste of time. I have good news for you. A lot of what’s after Medusa is WAY easier to do. I was able to get through most of what’s after with less of a struggle. CapIW was tough and the Champion required some planning, but both were doable with a solo champ or a revive or 2.

The GM will rock your world though. That fight is a whole different ball game and requires things I might not ever be able do. It’s not hard. It just requires you to do specific things on call and specific times. I have a hard time focusing on what has to happen to get him wounded and not sure I care to practice doing it 10 times before I attempt it.

Good luck with that Medusa fight. It does suck pretty hard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2023
    Thank you @Gogeta91199 ! I will do some research. Maybe there is hope after all 🙂
    mata2021 said:

Thank you @Gogeta91199 ! I will do some research. Maybe there is hope after all 🙂

There is don’t worry😂
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 163
    I would recommend your 5* Fury and use boost. I remembered this fight as one of the toughest boss in Act 6, on top of mini boss Black Bolt! If I recalled she has a Do You Bleed node. Used Fury and made sure she always has bleed debuff on her. Also recalled I felt discouraged too halfway the fight but just keep at it. Archangel may work but less effective since neurotoxins won’t trigger as Medusa is poison immune.
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Member Posts: 619 ★★★
    I used squirrel girl and turned off dex so I could dodge specials without her healing up
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    Fury would work well if you boost- just keep chipping at it and you’ll be on to the next quest in no time
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 952 ★★★
    Used Symbiote Supreme like some did
  • Wolviedrone97Wolviedrone97 Member Posts: 187
    Bring doom for BB and use NF AA and try kilmonger for medusa.i watched various videos on YouTube. Don't give up...it may take some units so do arenas for a while
    edited January 2023
    Thanks for all the advice and words of encouragement. I saw @Karatemike415 take her down with Weapon-X (I was lucky and got 5* during GBC) so maybe I can bring him in, too. But I’m not anywhere near as skilled as @Karatemike415 so then again it might not make a difference 😆

Really appreciate all the insight. I will update here with the results from different attempts at taking her down! Thanks again everyone!
    edited January 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T-xn1I2Aso

Mine is only 5* and unawakened, though…
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Been a long time, but all you need is a bleeder right?

Moleman.
  • BadahBadah Member Posts: 275 ★★
    I did it with Black Panther in one account and Jabari on the other. Not the best bleeders in the game, took some L1 revives to get it done. Just keep going, you’ll be TB in no time
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Don't give up! It's worth doing because Grandmaster fight will be very enjoyable and fun.
  • mbgibsonmbgibson Member Posts: 119
    Do you have Black Cat? In addition to the many other good suggestions, I would recommend her. Killmonger is an option, but I personally haven't used him for this fight.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Do you have white Magneto for passive/longer stuns? What level deep wounds?

Jumping myself on here since this is currently the one I'm at too. I'm seeing a lot of people Say Symbiote Supreme. Would a Symbiote Supreme with the White Magneto boost be beneficial?