**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stop Voting For Spider Punk!

124»

Comments

• Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Maicoñ97 said:

We still missing lots of spider characters and this is one of the best he has all my votes

We don't need another spider, we need Mr Dikovitch. His sp3 would just be him yelling at the opponent for rent. He uses Rent debuffs to slowly bleed the opponent's bank account dry. Once the opponent's bank account reaches bankruptcy, automatically wins the fight

• Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Your same argument could be made for any of the champions remaining, especially Bullseye (all he does is aim really well, he'll probably just throw a sai for a critical bleed and call it a day).

Your same argument for 'no more champions of a specific franchise' could be made for any of the champions (there is too many street level characters already! Two Daredevils, an Elektra, a Kingpin .... we don't need a Bullseye).

It doesn't really matter what their comic history is or how many characters from a franchise there are in the game already, all that matters is what Kabam developers are inspired to do.

I'll admit that previously I didn't want Herc to win as his power set seemed boring (the only thing he'll do is punch hard), and I also didn't want Quicksilver to win because of his power set (all he does is run fast) and 'too many mutants already' (I know he is not a mutant, but he is still has big comic book history with mutants). I was totally proven wrong, based on how Kabam designed their kits.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,663 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

First of all, it's not rigged. Lol. I appreciate your fanaticism, but people will vote for who they want. Also, there's a reason there are so many. Spider-Man is one of the most beloved characters in Marvel. He was introduced in 1962. Fun fact, the oldest was HT, in 1939.

Not the HT most would be thinking of. The Fantastic Four HT wasn’t introduced until 1961. The oldest character that’s still relatively the same now (in the comics at least) would be Namor.
    Namor is the oldest superhero currently still in Marvel comics, but the OG Human Torch actually also still exists in the modern day continuity, most recently in the Invaders comics. He was introduced a bit after Namor, making him the second oldest active Marvel super hero character in terms of publication.
    no, Human Torch debuted in Marvel Comics #1.
    Namor first appears in a give away comic book called Motion Picture Funnies Weekly (called that because it was created to be a promotional giveaway to theater goers).

The Namor story was reprinted in the same Marvel Comics #1 that the Human Torch appears in, but although his first appearance wasn't in an official Marvel comic, he does predate the Human Torch by a few months.
    Wrong. Motion Picture Funnies Weekly was never actually produced.

https://www.cbr.com/namor-the-sub-mariner-double-debut/
    If you read the article you link to, it specifically makes the distinction that MPFW was *produced* but not *published*. So while it is true that Namor does not appear in publication before Marvel #1, he does predate Marvel #1 by virtue of appearing in an actual comic book story that was actually printed.

I'm seeing a whole lot of "Namor was first published before Marvel even EXISTED!" stuff on social media. And that's the thing, Motion Picture Funnies Weekly was never actually PUBLISHED. Jacquet just used these stories to produce a sample copy to TRY to sell to movie theaters. It never actually worked. Thus, it is fair to say that Namor was created for Motion Pictures Funnies Weekly (and even there, as we'll see in an upcoming legend, the story is tricky), but it isn't fair to say that Namor was PUBLISHED before Marvel Comics #1.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,049 ★★★★
    These types of "fan vote" events are fun to see the community engaged, but I never get passionate because I know the winning result will always not be who I want, and will often be my last choice. That's just how the game works. I wanted Marrow but she was gone after the first round. Considering the global market for this game, the majority of the audience doesn't read or care about comics. Which is totally cool.

Same thing happens with the X-Men fan vote (over on the comics side). Two years ago, Polaris won out of all the options because a bunch of twitter people voted for her cause they loved The Gifted. Last year, freaking Firestar won because people recognized her from Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. Whoever it's going to be this year, out of whatever candidates, is gonna be the one with the most global recognition. That's how it works.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,663 Guardian

These types of "fan vote" events are fun to see the community engaged, but I never get passionate because I know the winning result will always not be who I want, and will often be my last choice. That's just how the game works. I wanted Marrow but she was gone after the first round. Considering the global market for this game, the majority of the audience doesn't read or care about comics. Which is totally cool.

Same thing happens with the X-Men fan vote (over on the comics side). Two years ago, Polaris won out of all the options because a bunch of twitter people voted for her cause they loved The Gifted. Last year, freaking Firestar won because people recognized her from Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. Whoever it's going to be this year, out of whatever candidates, is gonna be the one with the most global recognition. That's how it works.

Even if you limited the voting to only comic book readers, I don’t think Marrow would be the favorite. The only difference between a popularity contest among Marvel fans and Marvel comic book fans is that the comic book fans are more likely to have at least heard of most of the options. But that doesn’t mean they would vote for them. There’s a reason why at one point X-Men comics were outselling everything else combined, and it wasn’t because those were the most literate stories being published.

It isn’t that the comic book readers don’t have favorites. And most of the comic book favorites are also Marvel IP favorites in general.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    I always vote for the champ that I think is least likely to win so I can feel justifiably smug when complaining about the eventual winner when their kit is no good.

Bit hard to do with Herc though I'll admit.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

I think this dude its using reverse psychology to make y'all vote for him

Maybe I am... :wink: