**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Choosing my R5

DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
edited January 2023 in Strategy and Tips
So I got a skill R5 gem and have been debating my rank up all day. I love KP, Shang & Nick to death but there's also champs that are exciting potential prospects such as Agent Venom. I do play T2+ war and I do push BGs so those factor into my thought process. Honestly, I just want to get a grasp of what others think as I've been told Nick by quite a few people.

Choosing my R5 45 votes

Nick
24%
HzoriDsc0721Ewell65SSS69LeoZedJenskeDMrSakuragiFrostGiantLordLickySammyDeSuperstar_1126DoomTorchHercNickX 11 votes
Kingpin
46%
CaptainaidenMoosetiptronicRabarberstengelHector_1475MauledReignkingTWErcarretRenaxqqRax38RonSwansonAzenstarQazzyDdr7822Zippy_halliganwillrun4adonutMightyDheraldofgalactus07Ansh_ATheFladhSlayinAlive 21 votes
Shang Chi
13%
Archdemon_Unknown31훈포도W32SpecMshut_up_heather 6 votes
Agent Venom
11%
IvarTheBonelessMother_FlerkenDraconic_12Barri8Dude17 5 votes
Other/Save (LMK Other Cool Options!)
4%
SpeedbumpPseudo_19 2 votes

Comments

• SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Valkerie imo
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    Kingpin
    He seems to be viable in every BG mode for offense and defense, whereas Nick seems to be limited sometimes in the offense portion.
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 791 ★★★
    Kingpin
    Kinggod!!!
  • Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 399 ★★
    Nick
    Nick fury is always best. Kingpin is a close second but Nick Fury seems like the better option
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    Agent Venom
    Voteed AV but actually I recommend ogbp. Max sig you have 100% AAR the whole fight + he comes very close to nick fury in terms of damage. Check out flameclaw gameplay on youtube.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    Kingpin
    There is no "best" between Kingpin and Fury (because they are different) and there is no wrong option between those two. I would choose one of them.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,587 ★★★★
    Nick
    NF if duped, KP no sig is fine. Valk if you want to go for a high sig investment. Personally out of the 3 I prefer NF, but its up to you
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    Kingpin
    I feel like Kingpin works in every game mode, on both offense and defense. Nick is amazing in most cases, but in BG he's really hurt by not being able to access his full damage potential without knocking off 70% of his health. I have both at r4 but I'm really leaning toward KP if I pull a Skill gem.

Can't speak for Shang-Chi, though. I have him at r3 and am warming to him but I have not nearly as much experience with him as with the other champions. As for waiting for a better champ, I wouldn't in your position. It would be one thing if you didn't have a bunch of the best Skill champs in the game, but with that trio, I think you're better off pulling the trigger on one of them. Who knows when you'll get Valkyrie or whoever you'd be waiting for.

As for ranking up Agent Venom, I'd advise against that as well. While he's amazing with the right synergies, I would never want to rank up a trash-on-his-own champion to that level. That's why I haven't r4'd Cable, for example. If your main focus is on other areas than BG, then maybe it could be a worthwhile investment, but I personally only rank up champions who can stand on their own.
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    edited January 2023
    Wait for Attuma or mantis and see how well they do, before the current featured crystal came out, Valkyrie was never seen as a great champ. Now she’s a very common rank 4. I think attuma and mantis will be very similar and maybe even better. Attuma benefits from AAR and mantis can manipulate the defenders AI through infuriate and intimidate which I think is one of the most valuable pieces of utility. Less than 2 weeks away!
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    R5’d KP, thanks guys :)