Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Anyone attempting to complete all of this month's EQ and SQ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Up until this month , I would 100% all levels of the monthly story quest and the hardest side quest and have energy refills left over. But with thronebreaker difficultly coming out this month + the lunar event which seems like an energy sink, the energy cost seems pretty ridiculous.

Take this stupid node at the end of the quest that costs 3 energy. You have to beat absorbing man 7 times so that’s 21 energy per difficulty level. 21 x 6 = 126 energy on a complete waste of space and theres a lot of wasted space all over these maps.

Combine stuff like that with the amount of time needed to complete all this and I’m not sure Kabam truly understands or cares how these things affect people.

Here we go again.. the avg energy use per chapter is the same every month regardless of the shape of the map... 🙄
    Can you please direct me to where that information is listed or shown?

Doesn’t the added difficulty level increase the total energy cost?

There was an EQ not long ago where the final part had the shape of a 1... About 8 spots and people complained about the "waste of energy".. sure enough they didnt consider that before that it was tiles of 1 move..
    Its always been like this, the chapters have a similar energy cost regardless of the shape of the map... And its been going on for YEARS, I'm not gonna search for the post. And the TB is the same ammount of energy as Cav
    Well, this month there’s a new difficulty level this month. You don’t think that adds to the total energy cost? Some months are shorter than others and some months have different costs of energy for the side quest(s). Some months, like this one, have 7 paths in the last 2 chapters, some have 6 paths. There a lot of variables to break down and I don’t recall any post from kabam saying that the energy cost is essentially the same for story quests each month. I do remember rich the man making a vid or two about 2 years ago but it wasn’t an average cost , it was the total energy needed for the monthly quest. I shared my experience this month and how it differs from my experience the past year. More time , more energy. It seems excessive.
    False
    If your statement was true Legend Runs would have been unfair..
    The ammount of energy spent on EQ is similar every month, the ammount of paths is the same.
    Yes there is a new difficulty; but no one is making u do the other lower ones..
    Ok good it wasnt an average cost but u saw a vid that says its the SAME ... So who is closer to the fact? Me saying avg.. or you saying that there is a "waste" of 3 energy when ITS THE SAME EVERY MONTH.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,577 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Up until this month , I would 100% all levels of the monthly story quest and the hardest side quest and have energy refills left over. But with thronebreaker difficultly coming out this month + the lunar event which seems like an energy sink, the energy cost seems pretty ridiculous.

Take this stupid node at the end of the quest that costs 3 energy. You have to beat absorbing man 7 times so that’s 21 energy per difficulty level. 21 x 6 = 126 energy on a complete waste of space and theres a lot of wasted space all over these maps.

Combine stuff like that with the amount of time needed to complete all this and I’m not sure Kabam truly understands or cares how these things affect people.

Here we go again.. the avg energy use per chapter is the same every month regardless of the shape of the map... 🙄

There was an EQ not long ago where the final part had the shape of a 1... About 8 spots and people complained about the "waste of energy".. sure enough they didnt consider that before that it was tiles of 1 move..
    Its always been like this, the chapters have a similar energy cost regardless of the shape of the map... And its been going on for YEARS, I'm not gonna search for the post. And the TB is the same ammount of energy as Cav
    Well, this month there’s a new difficulty level this month. You don’t think that adds to the total energy cost? Some months are shorter than others and some months have different costs of energy for the side quest(s). Some months, like this one, have 7 paths in the last 2 chapters, some have 6 paths. There a lot of variables to break down and I don’t recall any post from kabam saying that the energy cost is essentially the same for story quests each month. I do remember rich the man making a vid or two about 2 years ago but it wasn’t an average cost , it was the total energy needed for the monthly quest. I shared my experience this month and how it differs from my experience the past year. More time , more energy. It seems excessive.
    False
    The ammount of energy spent on EQ is similar every month, the ammount of paths is the same.
    Ok good it wasnt an average cost but u saw a vid that says its the SAME ... So who is closer to the fact? Me saying avg.. or you saying that there is a "waste" of 3 energy when ITS THE SAME EVERY MONTH.
    Lol, wow my whole post was false?
    Me saying it’s more time and more energy is false?
    New difficulty doesn’t equal more energy use ?
    I saw a vid that said the energy cost was the same?

But seriously, why so snippy? I haven’t been rude to you. I tried to respond to your reply respectfully.

Yes, I pointed to an empty node at the end of the quest. The reason I pointed out that node is because we have a new difficulty level now and that it seems like the additional energy needed to 100% everything like I’ve been doing for the past year, is excessive. If the costs are the same or very similar and I’m wrong , so be it. I can admit fault or when I’m wrong, but if I’m right, and total energy costs has increased significantly then yes, I consider that node a waste of space.

Have a good evening/day.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

False

But seriously, why so snippy? I haven’t been rude to you. I tried to respond to your reply respectfully.

Yes, I pointed to an empty node at the end of the quest. The reason I pointed out that node is because we have a new difficulty level now and that it seems like the additional energy needed to 100% everything like I’ve been doing for the past year, is excessive. If the costs are the same or very similar and I’m wrong , so be it. I can admit fault or when I’m wrong, but if I’m right, and total energy costs has increased significantly then yes, I consider that node a waste of space.

Have a good evening/day.
    U still don't get it do u?.. how is it "additional" when its the SAME EVERY MONTH...
    Doing everything 100% is on the summoners choice not the game...
    Just because u go to a buffet it doesnt mean you have to eat all the food...
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

To avoid mcoc burnout, I only play content that is interesting to me. For the most part I will just do 1 run of EQ for the story, and I do often try to do full exploration of the highest difficulty of SQ.

👆This.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,412 ★★★★★
    Update: tried a run in 3.1 and safe to say I won't be doing exploration or completion. Cavalier won't do either. The whole tags thing is really useless
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,412 ★★★★★
    Dave7099 said:

I can't imagine ever being bored enough to want to fight zemo and absorbing man 6 more times

The fact that we must do 6 runs for 3.1 and 7 for 3.2. which we been doing for 8 yrs isn't fun. Monthly seriously needs a revamp when comes to boss fights
  • Options
    smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★
    I only did Throne and not Cav, I did Cav in the past for the bonus R4 resources, now that that is gone, easier to just run Throne and not waste energy on Cav
  • Options
    smy168 said:

I only did Throne and not Cav, I did Cav in the past for the bonus R4 resources, now that that is gone, easier to just run Throne and not waste energy on Cav

U did cav in the past cause it was the highest one available.. not cause of the bonus...
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,324 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

smy168 said:

U did cav in the past cause it was the highest one available.. not cause of the bonus...
    Wow!! How can you gauge somebody’s intention? How can you argue with someone who is stating their intent?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    I am almost done exploring TB, and already did Cav EQ. Zemo boss kinda stinks, but otherwise this is fun.
    Graves_3 said:

Coppin said:

smy168 said:

Wow!! How can you gauge somebody’s intention? How can you argue with someone who is stating their intent?
    You must be new here.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,267 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

False

Have a good evening/day.
    If you're talking about the total cost of all content, then yes. It costs more to do. That's the problem. Doing every Difficulty is not a requirement. That's why we have different ones that are as suitable as possible for where we're at.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,238 ★★★★★
    With 6 EQ difficulties.
    I've explored TB and cav.
    UC is around 80% exploraion.
    The refills from opening 400 4 hour crystals are the hero in here.
    Going to explore Master too becuz 4* shards and that's where the iso comes from.
    Done with the completion on lower two difficulties.

But feels kind of a strech for a monthly event.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Coppin said:

smy168 said:

Cause its the first time TB difficulty is available?...
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 859 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Just did my first run through EQ TB difficulty.
    Didn’t enjoy it at all. Too slow, annoying and boring.
    Won’t be exploring it this month.
    I’m not sure what the devs were thinking when they designed 3.2.
    I haven’t bothered with bg this season, going to pass altogether on eq cav difficulty and below.
    Did Gauntlet and I’ll do all side quest challenges level 4 and 5.
    I guess most of my time in game
    will be spent farming resources for EoP and Carina 3.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,825 ★★★★★
    I did one route through Proven and will not be exploring like I used to do Heroic after the Absorbing Man boss fight too ludicrous time and effort. Whoever came up with putting a +600% global health boost and then a +300% node on him with his regen needs a punch in the nuts, the absolute wanker. Don't know if I'll try to explore Contender or not. Not made up my mind.

• Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Only SQ. Not even looked at monthly. I'm starting to feel a tad burn out.