**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Corvus update

GogataGogata Posts: 71
edited January 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
This guy went from a god to the most useless champ,
he was my 2nd r4 and the last year there hasn't been a single place where I can even bring him,
EQ with such health pools he cant even kill a tech champ with 2 cycles that take 2 minutes, Side quest - normally even worse
Battlegrounds - complete clown, I rather take groot there, on that meta I couldnt take a quicksilver, after I even got the evade charge and used 2 sp.2 that did like 70% of his hp,
2021 and 2022 the only champs that are cosmic and don't have a power gain buff or boost are knull and hercules, which are both basicly need 3 bars of power and the game is over - herc sp.1, sp2, a few hits after the stun and the fight is over, knull, sp,3, 3 comboes and the fight is over, for corvus after 20 hits the best case is 30% hp down from the defender and 45 sec dashing and blocking and he even loses his immunities from coldsnap, shock and bleed..
Wont even try to compare him to the 2022 cosmics - Gorr hulkling and galan, gorr on r3 does 400k dmg in 1 min and 20 secs, hulking is slower but insane utility , galan is .. just galan

To sum up, I love this dude but he is just unusable, he does good in incursions 7 with good buffs; at sector 8 or 9 sucks hard, everywhere else I am forced to use over and over again herc or CGR
For a rework ideas, maybe the charges can go up to 6 when he starts with 1 and can get 5 more from the 4 missions+1 new
or increase his charges from 20 to 30
or increase the cruelty buff
or add synergy that booots the cruelty buff compared to the health pool of the defender, cuz in the gauntlet or EoP with 600+ hp pools he wasn't even considered as a last resort option for any fight
The forum is big a lot a ppl can make a lot of good ideas , hope that there is someone to hear them

Comments

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,884 ★★★★★
    Very useful in BG this season unless you’re fighting someone immune to armor break.

Normal content agreed he is not effective but still an AQ/AW mainstay.
  • GogataGogata Posts: 71

Very useful in BG this season unless you’re fighting someone immune to armor break.

I just told you i was vs quicksilver r4 corvus vs r4 quick and with the evade charge and with 2.sp.2 with charges and 1 with without charges did 70% and yes i had the node at 0 charges when i used my specials
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Gogata said:

I just told you i was vs quicksilver r4 corvus vs r4 quick and with the evade charge and with 2.sp.2 with charges and 1 with without charges did 70% and yes i had the node at 0 charges when i used my specials
    Was that with or without ouchie masteries? In the beginning of the season when I still did battlegrounds he took down multiple champs without a single charge. With the right masteries he should be more than able to do it.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    He is fine. Not every champ is made for every piece of content. He is still VERY viable in AW, AQ and somewhat in battlegrounds.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

I don't know. Mine's only R3 but it was generally difficult to do more than 50% in a BG fight before he ran out of charges. He better designed for questing/AQ since he needs the opportunity to get some charges but these days those health pools can be pretty insane so he can struggle at times without assistance. I think he's come full circle honestly. The reasons why people thought he wouldn't be good at release have pushed him down the depth chart. His glory days are behind him but he's still usable.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

I don't know. Mine's only R3 but it was generally difficult to do more than 50% in a BG fight before he ran out of charges. He better designed for questing/AQ since he needs the opportunity to get some charges but these days those health pools can be pretty insane so he can struggle at times without assistance. I think he's come full circle honestly. The reasons why people thought he wouldn't be good at release have pushed him down the depth chart. His glory days are behind him but he's still usable.
    Gotta be aggressive and hit a lot into block
  • Still one of the best war champs in the game if you’re running suicides and have a PS1 or cosmic boost.
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 791 ★★★
    he still god, not useless
    Coppin said:

K00shMaan said:

That's fair. There are ways to get a little more out of him. However he used to be basically the best option for hitting into the block but once again there have been a handful of champs released/buffed that are better at that than him. He just really struggles without at least 1 Persistent Charge imo.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Coppin said:

K00shMaan said:

That's fair. There are ways to get a little more out of him. However he used to be basically the best option for hitting into the block but once again there have been a handful of champs released/buffed that are better at that than him. He just really struggles without at least 1 Persistent Charge imo.
    Yeah i was just answering to the BG aspect where u start with no charges... I stopped using Corvus after act 6... I just take him for a spin in AQ once jn a while... He is meh.. definetly not worth an r4
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    You ranked a champ that's main purpose for at least a couple of years has been carrying bad players through AQ with his timeout cheese and carrying bad players through AW bc of how busted he is with power boosts. That's kinda on you. He's still the most busted champ in game for AW with power boosts so he definitely shouldn't and if I had to bet, definitely won't be getting an update.
  • Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 457 ★★★
    I don't think he's useless. He seems to be doing fine in AW and AQ. But in story quest and the monthly side quests he cannot compete. A kinda simple fix is either a small update to increase his charges or a synergy that does so. I think his damage is fine. It's just that 20 hits to get down the opponent isn't always possible nowadays.
  • Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 457 ★★★

You ranked a champ that's main purpose for at least a couple of years has been carrying bad players through AQ with his timeout cheese and carrying bad players through AW bc of how busted he is with power boosts. That's kinda on you. He's still the most busted champ in game for AW with power boosts so he definitely shouldn't and if I had to bet, definitely won't be getting an update.

O yeah. I know tier 10 for war aint that high. But my 5* R5 Corvus with power boost and Sp1 at start boosts completely destroys war. Ngl, almost feels illegal. He does so much damage. Mini bosses down within 15 seconds and I took out a 300k hp domino boss once in literally the same time. Just spammed 3 sp2 back to back and It was pretty easy.

I don't think he's useless. He seems to be doing fine in AW and AQ. But in story quest and the monthly side quests he cannot compete. A kinda simple fix is either a small update to increase his charges or a synergy that does so. I think his damage is fine. It's just that 20 hits to get down the opponent isn't always possible nowadays.

A synergy to help with his Cooldown period would be nice but yeah he doesn't really need any changes to his damage or his utility. And although it's not really a reason to R4 a champ, Corvus still slays underleveled content faster than anyone. Revive farming, Uncollected (even Cav) and below EQ, things like that. Honestly, it's one of the reasons I took mine to R3. He just wasn't designed for the current state of the game which is understandable because at this point he's a pretty old champ.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I resemble those remarks.