**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Protection doesn’t cool down after knocked down Side Quest

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
Anyone else experiencing this?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    So what do I just need to wait for the fix or what?
    This is unexceptable imo
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    its was pretty annoying but I mean it was doable. Hopefully kabam fixes it soon tho
  • zerodudezerodude Posts: 42
    Yep, just worked properly once to me, i knocked havoc with my nimrod in the beginning of the fight and protection was gone, but just that only time.

And that Daredevil, he was really passive, he would just stay in the corner blocking.
    JSourp said:

You have to knock them down then remove the unstoppable (via intercept) then knock them down again. Not sure if a bug or not, but that's how to remove protection.

Don’t think that’s how it was intended though.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,252 ★★★★
    Protection is removed when defender is knocked down but the resulting unstoppable is more annoying than anything, the timer count down for unstoppable to fall off is so slow; so attacking into defender is plain.
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203
    psp742 said:

Protection is removed when defender is knocked down but the resulting unstoppable is more annoying than anything, the timer count down for unstoppable to fall off is so slow; so attacking into defender is plain.

Intercepting removes the unstoppable, no need to wait for the timer.
    psp742 said:

No the protection stays on after the knock down
  • BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★

It's funny how CAIW doesn't purge the unstoppable.. seems like a unit grab to me...

It's passive
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 802 ★★★
    Toad and scorpion synergy saved me on this.....used scorpion for most fights....she hulk for a few....storms chip damage was ridiculous on specials if u didn't bring a prowess remover....this whole last week was a total joke
  • JAATKINGJAATKING Posts: 111
    I used stealthy, spidey 2099, Dr doom, warlock and Colossus easily beat threat5
  • __SF____SF__ Posts: 286 ★★
    Yesssssss I tho I was the only one. This is sooooo annoying!! Specially on the hardest. I had to restart tons of times because I’m trying to save my revives
    Guytennis said:

They want to wait a solid day to give everyone a chance to blow through resources. It’s absolutely not working as intended but as we can all see, they don’t care.
    Could it be cos it’s nighttime in Canadian?
  • DaJiveTurkeyDaJiveTurkey Posts: 72
    Yeah I'm having this trouble too also Shang Chi isn't putting the slow debut on them when using the disarming strike. It removes the unstoppable but doesn't put the debuff on them and of course you need to knock them down a second time to remove protection. The AI is horrible to intercept and doesn't like to throw specials.
  • tfdrp2tfdrp2 Posts: 49
    Apoc, wolverine, AA, Colossus, Red Mags. Used Wolverine for every path fight except Havok. Used Apoc for Havok to get charges. Horseman AA for Mojo solos. All right side paths. Still need to use whatever on left side, but all the Special requirements are done.
  • Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★

Yeah I'm having this trouble too also Shang Chi isn't putting the slow debut on them when using the disarming strike. It removes the unstoppable but doesn't put the debuff on them and of course you need to knock them down a second time to remove protection. The AI is horrible to intercept and doesn't like to throw specials.

Shang Chi won’t apply Slow to Mutants. He works just fine on one fight at least. *Insert Eye Roll Emoji*
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    It is a pretty clunky setup - knockdown to trigger Unstoppable -> intercept to remove unstoppable -> knockdown to remove protection -> try to get in enough damage before protection comes back -> repeat. This is especially annoying because the enemy AI keeps dashing back while Unstoppable, making you lose time to remove it.

It is far easier to ignore the Unstoppable node and just use a Slow champion - once Slow is on, you only have to knockdown once to remove the protection. You just need a non-Skill slow champion for the mutants, and a non-Science slow champion for the Skill champions.

As a side note: I brought in Quicksilver, and if he applies his Slow while Unstoppable is on, then QS ignores the unstoppable. But, protection can't be removed until the unstoppable itself disappears. Such weird programming with these nodes.
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    I used to many revives because of that
  • IiIooIiIIiIooIiI Posts: 12
    This is just my opinion but I suspect there is an issue with ‘order of operations’. I believe the intention was to have the opponent unstoppable while protection is removed (which would be challenging but reasonable with the intercept slow).

My theory is the unstoppable kicks in first. When unstoppable you can’t be knocked down, so the game thinks “this champ is unstoppable, it can’t be knocked down, so protection shouldn’t be removed” even though visually we see the champ go down. This is why we have to intercept first to remove the unstoppable, then do a second knock down. Honestly it’s either this or they butchered the node descriptions (which I feel is less excusable IMO).

The other issues are WAY too passive AI and the intercept window seems off. Honestly if the AI was much better and the node descriptions reflected what really needed to happen, this wouldn’t be unreasonable, but these 2 additional issues are salt in the wound.

Sorcerer Supreme was my MVP. Galan took a few fights (protection doesn’t reduce burst damage), Scorpion (again burst damage still happens during protection, Nimrod (need a Havok counter), and Rintrah were my team.

When I actually completed it, I did it itemless, however I got stuck on Havok and used a bunch of resources before accepting failure and backing out on earlier attempts, so not itemless at all.
  • Hey there, there's already a thread going for this issue here. You can keep an eye out here for updates as they become available.
This discussion has been closed.