Howard the duck - not getting armor up when fight starts [merged]

ElthanElthan Member Posts: 93 ★★
edited March 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
I noticed that on manual mode (not using the pre-fight ability), when you have to tap the screen when both champions enter the stage, Howard the duck doesn't get any armor up beside the initial one. This bug appeared with the persistant charge bug but the recent fix didn't do anything for Howard. This is annoying in arena fights as you can't use the pre-fight auto smash ability.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• SkyeBerrySkyeBerry Member Posts: 90
    Auto masher works fine, but when I try to manually mash at the start of the fight for the armor up buffs, it does literally nothing. Mashing at any other point seems to work fine, but purely for the armor up at the start, absolutely nothing happens
  • HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Member Posts: 232 ★★
    I made a post before about it, no reaction from Kabam workers(
  • SkyeBerrySkyeBerry Member Posts: 90

I made a post before about it, no reaction from Kabam workers(

Still broken too even after recent update
  • IceVerIceVer Member Posts: 9
    Registered on the forum just to write about this issue. When selecting auto-masher armor-ups appear as usual, but without it Howard gets only one stack and tapping the screen doesn’t help. Bug appeared after the January update. Fix Howard please
  • ElthanElthan Member Posts: 93 ★★
    Still not working with the February update (v38. 0) :'(
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,396 ★★★★★
    Indeed I noticed it few weeks ago, didn't matter how much I was tapping. But didn't pay much attention to this part of his kit so quickly forgot about it
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Same for me.

I'm on a Galaxy S22 with the latest game version installed.
    It's still not appearing in the bug tracker. Can this be acknowledged?
  • ByohazardByohazard Member Posts: 16
    Agreed! I’ve seen it brought up by a number of people. Can Kabam please address this? I’m willing to bet if Howard was incorrectly stacking more furies than expected it would get fixed in an hour.
  • ByohazardByohazard Member Posts: 16
    New update dropped today (March 6) no fix.
  • Kabam JaxKabam Jax Member, Moderator Posts: 1,718 ★★★★★
    Hey Summoners!

The game team is looking at this issue right now! Sorry for the delayed response, this one slipped through the cracks.

We'll provide any updates as we get them! Still investigating, no ETA right now.
  • Kabam JaxKabam Jax Member, Moderator Posts: 1,718 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

The game team is looking at this issue right now! Sorry for the delayed response, this one slipped through the cracks.

We'll provide any updates as we get them! Still investigating, no ETA right now.

slipped through the quacks is more like it!

Honestly... you win the forums today. Congratulations.
    Hello,

Sorry to bump the thread but I noticed that you removed the bug from your community issues and bugs tracker.

I want to say that the bug isn't fixed at all and still persists (among all the new "features" you added recently to the game with missing VFX, parry and input issues).

This issue was raised in January and I think it deserves to be fixed by now as it's been 6 months @Kabam Jax
  • vertiGovertiGo Member Posts: 93
    Can we expect any acknowledgement or HtD being added back into Trello at least?
  • HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Member Posts: 232 ★★
    vertiGo said:

Can we expect any acknowledgement or HtD being added back into Trello at least?

There are so many bugs nowadays in the game, that’s not a real problem for Kabam, if a champion is unplayable (Howard or Cassie). After a year+ they probably will fix that, like it was with doc oc or moledude.
  • IceVerIceVer Member Posts: 9
    Patiently waiting with each update to have this bug fixed, please, give us some more info considering it’s state
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    really really waiting.
    HTD is one of my faves and about to be my 2nd tech r4....
    i always prefer using manual masher cus it can be more powerful than auto masher
    Took them one year to finally decide fixing Moleman, so who knows 🙄
    Not that any bugs have been acknowledged on the forums in weeks now, but Trello has updated and the duck remains ignored. Any chance of any acknowledgement?
    @Kabam Jax any news since your last post on this subject?
    Another week, another absence of any response to any bug reports
    Would you look at that, we're another week on and there's still no (re-)acknowledgement of HtD being busted.

Also continuing is Kabam representatives seeming to not look in the bugs forum at all, other than (very) occasionally to moderate strong language
    Even tagging the community manager didn't do anything :/

Trying again, pretty please? @Kabam Jax @Kabam Miike
    Zzzz
    Another Monday, another bumping of the thread. The mods have at least popped their head in though as there's a new update...
    ignoring a problem does not make it go away.
    the problem still exists if you ignore it or not.

all ignoring it does is infuriate people.

it literally takes 2mins for someone to come here and respond and say "sorry there is no update at this point. the team has been working on other bugs and has not got to looking at this yet"
    or
    "sorry there is no fix yet the team is looking into it but as yet has been unable to find the cause"

seriously when there are people employed to engage with the community it should be routine to just check in and respond to bug report posts from time to time
    Maybe devs were bitten by a duck in their childhood and it caused long term trauma
    RIP Howard