**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bugged node in SQ?

Comments

• Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★

Bosley said:

How can they argue that the game is tested adequately before content is released when these kinds of bugs slip though the cracks on what seems like a monthly basis?

Again, we're making an assumption when something this glaring happens, that it was not intentional.

Yeah fair point. As was mentioned earlier this could be an attempt by KABAM to test run a new intentional node combo for other possibly permanent content. Which in my opinion, is actually much worse.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Following up on this:

The game team has found the issue and has a fix for it planned for later today!

Is this going to happen automatically or an app update? Because it isn’t fixed yet….
  • Options
    IiIooIiIIiIooIiI Posts: 12
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Following up on this:

What was the issue/what’s getting fixed?

• Options
    Hold on, was there an actual problem with the nodes?
    I used my R5 5* Mojo for most of the fights, built up thumbs up for SP2, then did the knock down, intercept, knock down repeat, until they just died from the stacking passive degen.
    The hardest one I had was for Havok cuz I accidentally brought 3 energy attackers: HT, Bishop and Mojo, and my warlock was near dead from Sinister.
  • Options
    IiIooIiI said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Following up on this:

You basically have to knock the defender down twice to get protection off.

Knock down the first time just adds unstoppable while the protection stays…. This is contrary to the node description and makes the node super annoying. And with havoc, basically a unit man fight unless you get compliant AI.
  • Options
    Lil_DraKulaLil_DraKula Posts: 29
    ADDIS0N said:

If Havok is still giving people headaches after the fix, a solid counter is, well …. Havok.

Is it fixed now?
  • Options
    The_nutzThe_nutz Posts: 20
    The node needs to either be re named and worded correctly: eg. Getting knocked down twice removes protection or fix the node to do as said and compensate for items/money used. Very unprofessional Kabam
  • Options
    Still bugged. Guess in 5 day
    ADDIS0N said:

ADDIS0N said:

If Havok is still giving people headaches after the fix, a solid counter is, well …. Havok.

Is it fixed now?
    It wasn’t the last time I checked.
    Still bugged. Well, at least there isn’t a limited time frame we are up against….

Oh.
  • Options
    Lil_DraKulaLil_DraKula Posts: 29
    Okay are we getting the fix anytime soon or what’s going on? Its still not fixed
  • Options
    GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    I was able to get through this without much trouble.

I used guillotine 2099 for sinister and havok and never knock them down. It actually didnt take too long to ramp up and kill them. Silver centurion and she hulk for the rest: parry heavy will apply slow and everything works the way it should.
  • Options
    Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    I’m a thronebreaker and I can’t even explore level 4 because of this 🙄
  • Options
    IiIooIiI said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Following up on this:

Yes please tell what caused the bug and how you are fixing it. Transparency in these matters would help a lot.....
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

I ended up forcing myself to do things in the (really) hard way without waiting for a fix.

Used 5* R4 G2099 for Storm, Sinister and Havok (almost 300 hits on each fight), Black Cat for the other fights (60% AAR), and Torch for Mojo

It took an unnecessary amount of time, and i still hope changes are made. (Maybe compensation for those who used resources? Although that would possibly be asking for way too much)

Or u could have Heavy, intercept, heavy again...
  • Options
    So is this getting fixed before the weekend? I assume it isn’t gonna happen over the weekend….
  • Options
    JHVS123 said:

They move things to bugs and ask us to not spam the board with this stuff but we are left with no answers or updates for unacceptable amounts of time. What choice do we have? The best I can tell this issue has been forgotten.

Sure seems like it. “It will be fixed later today” and nothing happens. And no updates for over 24 hours. No acknowledgment in game. People burning potions and revives on a bugged node for a quest that ends in 4 days.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    JHVS123 said:

They move things to bugs and ask us to not spam the board with this stuff but we are left with no answers or updates for unacceptable amounts of time. What choice do we have? The best I can tell this issue has been forgotten.

Well really the choice is to do the content or skip it. It's really up to each of us to decide for ourselves if rewards for doing it it outweigh the annoyances of doing it.
  • Options
    JHVS123JHVS123 Posts: 32

JHVS123 said:

Well really the choice is to do the content or skip it. It's really up to each of us to decide for ourselves if rewards for doing it it outweigh the annoyances of doing it.
    We have the choice to do all sorts of distasteful things or not for good reason or not. That really has nothing to do with this discussion. Of course we can do that but it would be easier to swallow if we were told we have no choice but to run it as is and not just left hanging. Having the choice to do it doesn’t have anything to do with the issue at hand and sure isn’t a solution. We had that choice from the start.
  • Options
    Only a couple more hours and then it'll be the weekend and nothing will happen until Monday at the earliest....... :neutral:
  • Options
    JHVS123 said:

JHVS123 said:

We have the choice to do all sorts of distasteful things or not for good reason or not. That really has nothing to do with this discussion. Of course we can do that but it would be easier to swallow if we were told we have no choice but to run it as is and not just left hanging. Having the choice to do it doesn’t have anything to do with the issue at hand and sure isn’t a solution. We had that choice from the start.
    Please tell me what other choice there is? The question I was responding to was "What choice do we have?" which made this part of the discussion.

Doing it means you accepted that you are going to do the content knowing it is broken and you feel the rewards are worth it.

Not doing it means you do not find the rewards for doing the content worth doing at this time.

If Kabam decides to do something about it, you then are presented similar choices.

• Options

JHVS123 said:

If that’s the choice, then they shouldn’t have acknowledged the bug and promised a fix was being implemented. Or say “yeah it’s bugged, but we don’t care. Suck it up.”

The facts are they acknowledged the bugged node and said a fix was coming. Not our fault for having expectations- no matter how misguided.
    I agree, it's not our fault for being told that a fix was coming. And it's not our fault it is bugged content that is going to be going away soon. Players have been painted into a corner and have a decision now to make...

• Options
    JHVS123JHVS123 Posts: 32
    edited February 2023

JHVS123 said:

JHVS123 said:

Please tell me what other choice there is? The question I was responding to was "What choice do we have?" which made this part of the discussion.

Doing it means you accepted that you are going to do the content knowing it is broken and you feel the rewards are worth it.

Not doing it means you do not find the rewards for doing the content worth doing at this time.

If Kabam decides to do something about it, you then are presented similar choices.

Again, irrelevant. The “what choice do we have” argument as in regards to making multiple threads on the same topic on the board. Because folks are looking for answers to the question of when or if it can be fixed, not asking if they can “just do the content as is”. Since this started we could have “just done it anyway” but here we are discussing the issue and seeing what may be done about it on the Kabam board. What possible help does “you could just do it or not” have in a big report update thread? The choice we have is to get some information from Kabam before we decide to waste resources on an option we had from the minute the content dropped. But we need an update to make that decision more easy to make.