**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My failed EOP Carina Machines run - any suggestions?

altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
After saving up revives and health potions, I attempted a run at EOP to try and complete the Machine/Robot objective.

My plan was to take the Right path (since Terrax and Dragonman on the left side scare me more).
Team: Herc + Omega Sentinel + Ultron.

Herc did alright against Dorm, Bishop, The Overseer. Took me 2-3 revives each fight, which seemed reasonable. Crossbones sucked up 7 revives; Crossbones AI behaved less consistently than I have seen him behave against Herc on youtube videos. With the last 20%, I ended up using Omega Sentinel instead - slow fight, but having to managed only the Bane timer as opposed to the Bane Timer plus Immortality with Herc made it less stressful.

I swapped out Herc for Warlock, and then just ran into Kraven. Each of my three champions only managed to take off 3-5% health apiece. With me estimating that it was be too costly to grind out a KO against Kraven, and do the remaining fights (especially Ikaris), I decided to abort instead of sink more resources in.

My questions:
1. Should I just wait till I get a Dragonman before attempting this objective again?
2. Should I swap out Ultron or Warlock for a different robot? I would mainly need some for Kraven and Ikaris.
3. Should I try the other path? I don't have a Nebula.

Comments

• horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 223 ★★
    altavista said:

After saving up revives and health potions, I attempted a run at EOP to try and complete the Machine/Robot objective.

My plan was to take the Right path (since Terrax and Dragonman on the left side scare me more).
    Team: Herc + Omega Sentinel + Ultron.

Herc did alright against Dorm, Bishop, The Overseer. Took me 2-3 revives each fight, which seemed reasonable. Crossbones sucked up 7 revives; Crossbones AI behaved less consistently than I have seen him behave against Herc on youtube videos. With the last 20%, I ended up using Omega Sentinel instead - slow fight, but having to managed only the Bane timer as opposed to the Bane Timer plus Immortality with Herc made it less stressful.

I swapped out Herc for Warlock, and then just ran into Kraven. Each of my three champions only managed to take off 3-5% health apiece. With me estimating that it was be too costly to grind out a KO against Kraven, and do the remaining fights (especially Ikaris), I decided to abort instead of sink more resources in.

My questions:
    1. Should I just wait till I get a Dragonman before attempting this objective again?
    2. Should I swap out Ultron or Warlock for a different robot? I would mainly need some for Kraven and Ikaris.
    3. Should I try the other path? I don't have a Nebula.

I did my robot run on the right side, Herc the 1st 4 and then ended up with Nimrod, WL (both R4) and Ultron (R3). And after I dumped an uncountable number of revives into that run, I would definitely suggest getting a dragonman. Kraven can be done by just about anyone once you get the fight mechanics down but Ikaris was a nightmare without a mystic, since you can basically just heavy counter specials and hit into block.
    I even have a 6 star awakened Dragonman and I decided that I didn't need to rank him for this, I had 2 R4 robots what could go wrong...well at least after that I didn't have to worry about revives expiring any more.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I went left for my Robot challenge. Used Herc for Herc, Havok, and Nick. Warlock for Warlock. Then Warlock for Modok and Blade, DragonMan for Terrax, and Nebula for DragonMan.

The Warlock fight sucked. I think it would have been better to maybe use CGR instead of Herc. especially if you have an R3 or R4 CGR and not an R4 Herc. Modok also sucked. I'm sure Nimrod would be a better damage option than Warlock was but because of put my team together I didn't have that option. Blade can be done with anyone. Warlock being able to chip away at his power with infection by hitting into his block was really helpful. DragonMan against Terrax was like 3 revives. It's not as bad as it seems. Nebulas against DragonMan was a Solo. Just can't parry and other than that there is nothing to worry about. an R3 can take an SP3 even and heal almost all the way back to full. Didn't have great answers for Thanos but he isn't too restrictive. Mostly a skill based fight so if you have an R4 it won't be too bad. Having someone with good reach on his heavy like Warlock was a little bit more helpful for Phase 1.