**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which champion to swap in for Grandmaster fight?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited February 2023 in Strategy and Tips
So I’ve unexpectedly made it to champion swap node just before the Grandmaster fight. I honestly was just planning on testing a path — but made it through without using any resources on the Cosmic path (the “Opportunistic” ruleset) — and so I’m going to have a go at the GM 😬

But who should I swap out for? Here is my current lineup:
  • Void
  • CGR
  • Rintrah
  • King Groot
  • Hulkling
Not a lot of thought behind that team 😂 b/c I really wasn’t planning on completing the path. I’m thinking maybe I should swap out for Prof. X for the reverse control bit of the GM fight but IDK. I have a good/deep roster so if there is anyone you think might work best, please let me know.

I’ve watched some vids about GM fight but I’m not that skilled of a player so I don’t know that I’ll be able to take him down. Especially with how this game works (or doesn’t) on iOs (I play on an iPad.) I do have 1k units and 1.1M Battle Chips to cash in (which I’m hoping would provide another 2k of units.) My guess is I’ll need every single one of them 🤣😂😅

Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance you can provide!
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    what’s your roster like?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2023
    Roster is deep. Here is a list of possible counters that I have:
    • Doom
    • CAIW
    • BWCV
    • Juggernaut
    • Ultron
    • Warlock
    • Hit Monkey
    • Nick Fury
    • Torch
    • Thing
    • Domino
    • Weapon-X
    • Sorcerer Supreme
    • Aegon
    • many many more…

Some I don’t have would include Apoc and Sym Supreme. My roster is deep 🙂 but my skills not so much 😆
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    I suggest you to watch carefully the GM video, if you can understand well how it works you can oneshot him, when I did it some years ago I remember It took me only 3 revives (only used 1 champ for the fight since most of them were just synergy champs) because I spent like 2 hours watching vids on how exactly works, I think that 5 are good enough to do it without swaps, but It would be nice to see your roster
  • Options
    venom is great for the intercepts but professor x for the reverse controls isn’t a bad shout either
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice @Jefechuta and @SpideyFunko !

I do have these as well:
    • Venom
    • Scorpion
    • Hercules
    • Nimrod
    • Wiccan
    • Havok
    • Valkyrie
    • Omega Red
    • Hulkbuster
    • IMIW
    • Spiderman 2099
    • the list goes on and on…
    I am watching as many videos and reading as many threads as I can. Part of me wants to take Doom or Juggernaut or CAIW but I’m worried about those reversed controls which is why I mentioned Prof X. I do have Emma Frost, too, but I’m not a fan of her play style.

I really was just testing a path. Did not expect to clear it — which explains my current weird group.

So synergy works? I’ve got Mr. Fantastic and White Mags, too…
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    So if you can’t handle reverse controls go Prof X just remember GM can’t miss. Doom does well because he has quick access to a dot and he can take a hit if you mess up. Hit Monkey I think with his guaranteed crit will do well once competence is built up. Also if you have Sinister he can block unblockable specials and is immune to reverse controls and has easy access to a dot effect. He’s good for this fight in terms of utility not damage
  • Options
    I’d swap out Void for Professor X. Best of luck with the GM!
  • Options
    Just realized I have a 5* Mr. Sinister! Used a mutant rank-up to push him to R4 and will try to collect enough resources to bring him to full R5. He’s not awakened but I don’t think that matters for the important attributes when it comes to GM fight: immune to reverse controls and able to block unblockable specials. Have never used him before so it will either be Mr. Sinister or Professor X I think. I can normally handle reverse controls in standard fights but I think here I would probably have a more difficult time. Thanks everyone for the advice!