**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So can absorbing man counter nova flame

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
Nova Flame has never failed me before but when he enters his fire phrase it barely seems to have any effect on him . Is this a bug or how he works

Comments

• nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Just to let you know that +9000 energy resistance is reducing nova flame damage by ~80%. Thats why it feels that u are doing almost no damage.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Absorbing Man is a Mystic that has been designed well in a way to slow down Human Torch. Definitely doesn't stop him but at least makes you consider that another science may be the better option. First off, he has a phase where he's incinerate immune so you need Torch's pre fight. Secondly, huge energy resistance so you really are banking on heal reversal to do some of the heavy lifting. Thirdly, using Nova Flam instead of incinerates actually slows down the heal reversal process since you have no debuffs to aid the Despair Mastery. Absorbing Man is still very beatable with Torch but I think we finally may have a Mystic where Torch is not the best option.
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    edited February 2023
    K00shMaan said:

Absorbing Man is a Mystic that has been designed well in a way to slow down Human Torch. Definitely doesn't stop him but at least makes you consider that another science may be the better option. First off, he has a phase where he's incinerate immune so you need Torch's pre fight. Secondly, huge energy resistance so you really are banking on heal reversal to do some of the heavy lifting. Thirdly, using Nova Flam instead of incinerates actually slows down the heal reversal process since you have no debuffs to aid the Despair Mastery. Absorbing Man is still very beatable with Torch but I think we finally may have a Mystic where Torch is not the best option.

He's a mystic with strong, reversible healing, so torch already has a big headstart over pretty much every science. You don't have to deal with magma phase if you just bait SP1 anyway, so a torch with no prefight can absolutely do well.

I found my R3 torch did a lot more work than 5r5 void for TB exploration. Not as well as R4 doom, granted, but better than everyone else.

Which science would you say is better than torch against him?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

It's all about the Heal Reversal in this fight.

Personally, whilst Torch did pretty well, I'll be finishing off my 100% TB clear with Void after this afternoon's stress-free fight:

He's not the quickest (mines only 5/65), but such a safe option since he can actually reverse the Power Gain on Parry, too 🙂

I did first two runs with 6* r3 HT, TB difficulty.
    Fight went down pretty fast.
    On third run I used 5* r5 Void, that had on team as back up AM counter.
    Fight went down slightly slower, but way easier and stress free.
    Did all rest runs with Void 😉
    He is still a top option, when regen that can be reversed shows up 🙂