Options

Legends title results

Comments

• Options
    LaurcenLaurcen Posts: 20
    it would be really nice to know so one can prepare to do another run if they didnt make it @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike any word on this?
  • Options
    ExHavokExHavok Posts: 519 ★★★

Hey all,

I'll be getting more information on this later today. Technical issues caused a delay in us getting the information required to evaluate Legends Run times. Will let you all know when I have more information, and how we'll be determining how many extra Legends will be awarded this month.

Let's be honest, "later today" shouldn't mean 3+ days, we still waiting an update :/
  • Options
    SkrillSkrill Posts: 4

Sorry for the late response, everybody. I did have that meeting, but we didn't have confirmation on the plan until today.

So, there will be a total of 150 Legends crowned this month. One hundred from the pre-nerf and only 50 from the post-nerf. This is because most players still did their Legends run right away, and there weren't as many as we expected that did a run in earnest after the nerf.

I don't know exactly when they will be going out yet, but hopefully, we'll have more information soon.

Sorry for the late response, everybody. I did have that meeting, but we didn't have confirmation on the plan until today.

So, there will be a total of 150 Legends crowned this month. One hundred from the pre-nerf and only 50 from the post-nerf. This is because most players still did their Legends run right away, and there weren't as many as we expected that did a run in earnest after the nerf.

I don't know exactly when they will be going out yet, but hopefully, we'll have more information soon.

Alright, take your time, thanks mike for the heads up, we appreciate it, and let’s hope we all made it :)
  • Options
    Lime2625Lime2625 Posts: 30

Thank you for the information Miike, we appreciate it
  • Options
    TheCipeTheCipe Posts: 29
    @Kabam Miike thanks for sharing. Will the cut off values be different for pre and post nerf runs? Could you please clarify what was meant by runs having been done earnestly?
  • Options
    TheCipe said:

@Kabam Miike thanks for sharing. Will the cut off values be different for pre and post nerf runs? Could you please clarify what was meant by runs having been done earnestly?

I’m gonna venture to say, yes, of course, the 100th spot cutoff time for those that did it before that certain change date may be a very different time that the 50th spot cutoff time for those that ran it after that change date.

Otherwise they would have just said they are increasing the overall # of qualifiers as a whole, but still basing it by top xxx fastest times no matter what time of month it was done.

What they didn’t want to see happen would be that if a huge portion of pre-nerf people would have gotten bumped out of placing by those with faster times post-nerf (even though there were less people who actually attempted the Legends post-nerf).

Sounds like (generalizing) there were about twice as many people who ran “decent” times (aka, below say 7 hours, for example) pre-nerf, than there were of people doing it post nerf with (for example) sub 6 hour times.
    (Assuming, again for example, that pre-nerf cutoff time was maybe 5 hrs, versus a cutoff time post-nerf being faster at say 4 hrs.)

**I’d bet their system would show a rather steep drop-off at some point in run times, say after maybe like 7 or 8 hrs, and then with a very low participation for times longer than that until you get to maybe a couple days duration (which is where you might find participation increasing again for people who were in no way attempting a Legend run but wanting to just do it casually but still quickly for the 100% rewards).
    So that's what Miike probably meant by “in earnest”, like runs of sub 6 or 7 hr (or 8 hr maybe pre-nerf).
  • Options

TheCipe said:

I’m gonna venture to say, yes, of course, the 100th spot cutoff time for those that did it before that certain change date may be a very different time that the 50th spot cutoff time for those that ran it after that change date.

Otherwise they would have just said they are increasing the overall # of qualifiers as a whole, but still basing it by top xxx fastest times no matter what time of month it was done.

What they didn’t want to see happen would be that if a huge portion of pre-nerf people would have gotten bumped out of placing by those with faster times post-nerf (even though there were less people who actually attempted the Legends post-nerf).

Sounds like (generalizing) there were about twice as many people who ran “decent” times (aka, below say 7 hours, for example) pre-nerf, than there were of people doing it post nerf with (for example) sub 6 hour times.
    (Assuming, again for example, that pre-nerf cutoff time was maybe 5 hrs, versus a cutoff time post-nerf being faster at say 4 hrs.)

**I’d bet their system would show a rather steep drop-off at some point in run times, say after maybe like 7 or 8 hrs, and then with a very low participation for times longer than that until you get to maybe a couple days duration (which is where you might find participation increasing again for people who were in no way attempting a Legend run but wanting to just do it casually but still quickly for the 100% rewards).
    So that's what Miike probably meant by “in earnest”, like runs of sub 6 or 7 hr (or 8 hr maybe pre-nerf).
    5 hour cutoff time for pre nerf?
  • Options
    CaptainMalCaptainMal Posts: 21
    I’m fairly certain they were using 5 hours as a round number to illustrate a point. I didn’t get the impression they were specifically saying any time as cutoff.

We’ll just need to wait and see. We can guess all we want but Jan was different that previous months. It’ll probably take a month or two to really pinpoint a cutoff for future months.

Personally I’m happy Kabam is measuring pre and post nerf differently. If I get it or not I won’t feel cheated.
  • Options
    LiquidGLiquidG Posts: 9
    I got mine too :)
  • Options
    TheCipeTheCipe Posts: 29
    Got mine as well!
  • Options

TheCipe said:

5 hour cutoff time for pre nerf?

Just got mine, Thank you Miike!!!
  • Options
    GulsumbiGulsumbi Posts: 11
    Hi guys! Can you please post your time for us to see? I also tried for legend's run but did not get the title. My time was 4:36 post nerf. There are 2 "Big boss" on the list, and neither is me. So please upload on what to expect in near future. Thank you!
  • Options
    Gulsumbi said:

Hi guys! Can you please post your time for us to see? I also tried for legend's run but did not get the title. My time was 4:36 post nerf. There are 2 "Big boss" on the list, and neither is me. So please upload on what to expect in near future. Thank you!

I got a time of 4:26 pre nerf and ended up towards the bottom of the list, I did get the title though
  • Options
    xioNxioN Posts: 9
    Lime2625 said:

Gulsumbi said:

I got a time of 4:26 pre nerf and ended up towards the bottom of the list, I did get the title though
    3:28 post nerf 21st on the list... guessing those 50 post nerf times are mostly in the top of the list barring some really good times from some of the pre nerf fellows.
  • Options
    CrisisgreatCrisisgreat Posts: 13
    Gulsumbi said:

I got a time of 3:50👍
  • Options
    ArrësArrës Posts: 16
    hello I did a time of 3:58 in the month of February can I have the title?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,766 ★★★★★
    Arrës said:

These are January times going out, February gets their titles next month
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Arrës said:

These are January times going out, February gets their titles next month
    yes I know I just wanted to know your opinion because you passed your title after the qe update
  • Options
    3h58 seems to you to be a good result for the month of February?
  • Options
    Arrës said:

I think you have a pretty solid chance with that time, I'm not sure though
  • Options
    Lime2625 said:

Arrës said:

I think you have a pretty solid chance with that time, I'm not sure though
    Thanks, that makes me feel better
  • Options
    JVoorheesJVoorhees Posts: 50
    FYI - The 150 Legends List has already been released, for some reason its labeled as December 2022.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/9833/hall-of-legends#latest

imo still set a goal for 3:50, January was an exception b/c of the changes made to the monthly EQ*
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike the list of legends is dated for December lol
  • Options
    i got it! congrats to you too @Lime2625
  • Options
    GulsumbiGulsumbi Posts: 11
    I do not understand one thing... Why Kabam is not making Hall of legends post more insightful? Why do not they post next to the legends name their time, team and device? Finding those information is not easy. Amount of information on the internet is not enough and many are old and I do not think that it would get vast majority of time...
  • Options
    xioNxioN Posts: 9
    Gulsumbi said:

I do not understand one thing... Why Kabam is not making Hall of legends post more insightful? Why do not they post next to the legends name their time, team and device? Finding those information is not easy. Amount of information on the internet is not enough and many are old and I do not think that it would get vast majority of time...

Getting that information requires reaching out to said person on the list & asking nicely if they'll tell you, some are very private some like myself do not care to share if asked for that information.