**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cavalier difficulty

I’m level 52 and I have a good 10, 6* characters but I can’t seem to beat act 6 chapter 1 I’m 1 chapter away from becoming cavalier but my max character is at 13000 and I’m going up against 25-40k enemies. Is this a bug? Or am I missing something. It honestly seems unfair because of how fast I lose my champions and I can’t find tier 5 class catalysts or tier 6 catalysts to get past rank 3 on my 6*s

Comments

• Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    I looked at 6.1.1 and thats the No Retreat one so you need to play quite carefully and focused, I recommend you to watch some videos on youtube since I dont think we will be able to explain you how to play it the best way to not be losing too many champions on your way to the boss
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

I looked at 6.1.1 and thats the No Retreat one so you need to play quite carefully and focused, I recommend you to watch some videos on youtube since I dont think we will be able to explain you how to play it the best way to not be losing too many champions on your way to the boss

He referred that he is at 6.1 one chapter away from being Cavalier.
    I assume he meant to say one quest away from being Cavalier, so he must be either at 6.1.5 or 6.1.6😉
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Stellar advice.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

Stellar advice.
    I love you
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 304 ★★
    we have to fight 100k pi oponents in act 8.2.
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Just to add, many players observed that 6.1.1 was arguably the hardest 6.1 chapter. I don't think it is literally the hardest, but rather it was the fact that No Retreat was a novel node that could not usually be blitzed. You needed to play the fights with a different playstyle, working around the node, which was something new to most people running into 6.1.1 for the first time.

6.1.1 definitely represents a shift in not just the level of difficulty, but how that difficulty is delivered to the player. You can't go through Act 6 in general as if it was Act 5 only harder. It isn't numerically harder, it is stylistically harder. You have to learn how to play the way the nodes need you to play. This takes practice.

I can only imagine what players would have been saying had 6.1.1 released in its beta form. That was all kinds of fun.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    There is a path in 3.1 with tank buster bode and guess what kraven is at end. 🙄
  • Options
    Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    I did not just read that💀
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,780 ★★★★★

There is a path in 3.1 with tank buster bode and guess what kraven is at end. 🙄

Pretty sure he's talking about getting to Cavalier in act 6 and not cav difficulty in eq
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Act 6 is still difficult, I am not here to tell you it's not.

But a lot of us did act 6 with an r4 5* because that is all we could do. That was before 2 nerfs.

So this really does come down to just practice more with the fights and find out what works for you.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    A_Fungi said:

Act 6 is still difficult, I am not here to tell you it's not.

But a lot of us did act 6 with an r4 5* because that is all we could do. That was before 2 nerfs.

So this really does come down to just practice more with the fights and find out what works for you.

Also want to add that even after 2 Nerfs to Act 6, it doesn't seem like 6.1 got significantly easier. The nerfs were heavily focused on the later chapters and some specific problematic fights. Maybe 6.1.5 Crossbones is a little bit more manageable but that seems to be about it. Choice nodes for the boss may help a bit as well.
  • Options
    Zm4n2020Zm4n2020 Posts: 3
    I really appreciate it guys. I just wish I got to act 6 before late December when they decided to increase difficulty of everything below paragon. I’m honestly a little disappointed. I remember being mg stuck on lower acts years ago. But this is the most difficult thing I’ve tried getting past on mcoc. I’m a little disappointed they decided to increase difficulty without increasing the rewards. I’ve looked up tutorials and the enemies used ti be 25-30k which would be easily manageable for me.
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    Zm4n2020 said:

I really appreciate it guys. I just wish I got to act 6 before late December when they decided to increase difficulty of everything below paragon. I’m honestly a little disappointed. I remember being mg stuck on lower acts years ago. But this is the most difficult thing I’ve tried getting past on mcoc. I’m a little disappointed they decided to increase difficulty without increasing the rewards. I’ve looked up tutorials and the enemies used ti be 25-30k which would be easily manageable for me.

Use Hercules
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

Just to add, many players observed that 6.1.1 was arguably the hardest 6.1 chapter. I don't think it is literally the hardest, but rather it was the fact that No Retreat was a novel node that could not usually be blitzed. You needed to play the fights with a different playstyle, working around the node, which was something new to most people running into 6.1.1 for the first time.

6.1.1 definitely represents a shift in not just the level of difficulty, but how that difficulty is delivered to the player. You can't go through Act 6 in general as if it was Act 5 only harder. It isn't numerically harder, it is stylistically harder. You have to learn how to play the way the nodes need you to play. This takes practice.

I can only imagine what players would have been saying had 6.1.1 released in its beta form. That was all kinds of fun.
    Now i’m intrigued… what was the beta form like?
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Zm4n2020 said:

If you're referring to the increase in PI to Act 6, that didn't happen in December. It was quite a while ago when they did their 2nd complete rebalance of Act 6. The increases increase to the difficulties in January of this year were only for Monthly EQ
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,982 ★★★★★
    Zm4n2020 said:

This is my roster and I still find it difficult to beat act 6 chapter 1. I beat quest 1 finally but the next quests the enemies are at 30-45k my guys can’t compete to that.

Bro did NOT just post this roster and claim he's having trouble with act 6.1 :|:|
  • Options
    AozerAozer Posts: 38
    Pretty much all quests in act 6 require specific champs, especially champs like magneto, corvus and doom can really help you a lot.

Like many have said already, act 6 is a huge jump in difficulty compared to act 5.
    You should really spend the time to grow your roster. Kingpin will be your next rank up priority btw.
  • Options
    L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    Zm4n2020 said:

This is my roster and I still find it difficult to beat act 6 chapter 1. I beat quest 1 finally but the next quests the enemies are at 30-45k my guys can’t compete to that.

They absolutely can Doom, AA, Kingpin, Valk etc all great options. In the most respectful way possible, you just need to get a little bit better at the game that's all and I don't mean this in a negative or insulting way cause I had a hard time at first too.
    The first couple of times I tried 6.1.1 I couldn't get past the first few fights without dying. I spent a whole week just trying and trying again and again til I got used to just tanking special attacks on block and only dashing back whenever they charged heavy. Muscle memory finally started doing it's job and it was a piece of cake.
    As for the rest of 6.1 though I really wouldn't know what advice to give because I did all the rest of the quests in one try with no issues whatsoever. I brought certain champs for certain fights (white mag pre-fight for crossbones for example) but the nodes themselves weren't really as hard as the one in 6.1.1 so if you can do 6.1.1 without dying, the rest of 6.1 shouldn't be as hard.
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    I cleared grandmaster before I was able to get my first R3. Your current roster got this, just farm revives and keep working at it!
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    But also your 11th best champion is a 4 star. Maybe focus on ranking up 5* and don't worry so much about 6* right now
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    What rank are those champions? Looking at their PI might everything become a little easier if you had some tweeks in your mastery setup?