**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gladiator Circuit Should Matcmake according To Prestige or Total Hero Rating

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Halpy said:

The system has changed. It's not about prestige anymore. Get the latest update from the game

It never was
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

I can't believe this thread is still going. Prestige matchmaking is obviously a terrible idea lol

Prestige matchmaking was always a terrible idea.
    And threads like this will go on and on.
    Mid skilled Paragons are quitting massively BGs at the moment, out of frustration.
    Most are doing only the daily objectives.
    The higher skilled Paragons that will left on next seasons, will find themselves fighting each other at low VT brackets, as happens to mid skilled Paragons now 😂😂😂
    The prays are stepping out, and the predators will gradually find themselves sweating from Bronze3.
    Then a big MCOC YouTuber will finally make a video about the unfair Prestige matchmaking, and Kabam will be pressed to change it, or change VT at all.
    None of the big YTs does it now, and I suspect that’s mainly because of two reasons:
    1. They aren’t personally affected, since most of them are highly skilled, and
    2. Even if they see the problem, they need to cater to lower accounts, since those are giving them the most views.
    That’s why they did videos about sandbagging problem, because it was affecting their main audience, lower/mid level players.
    But now silence like there is not any problem at all.
    Yet no one of the big YTs has the guts to do a video for that (apart from AlBundyRules, but his channel is still small to influence situations like this, but anyway hats off to him).
    I hope any of the “big guys” prove me wrong 🤔
    Since you're all about BGs being unfair for a specific group of players atm (which I don't disagree with) let's hear your completely unbiased solution that won't create any other issues for other players lol.
    I’ve proposed various solutions, including keeping Prestige matchmaking in first VT tiers and gradually loosened up to Gold tiers.
    Another solution would be “kick starts” based on previous season placement to avoid the miss matches, but I can understand this is very hard to implement.
    Others have made proposals too, including making another VT for lower accounts with lesser rewards, which I think will create more reactions than any other solution.
    I personally believe no ones Paragon intention is to stomp repeatedly UC accounts at VT, but they aren’t going to sit and watch UC accounts placing higher in a competitive mode.
    This shouldn’t happen and you know it 😉
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

If the purpose of BGs was fair matches they would have given us a deck...
    Its ironic that a lot of people use the term F2P and P2W... Specially P2W and then negate the result ...also people keep on saying that BG matching is based on Prestiege... Kabam never released the parameters of the matching system.. why? Same reason that sandbagging happened.. u got people trying to exploit every aspect to benefit...
    If you are facing big rosters and even with your skills u can't beat it.. just accept it.. you hit your roof...

I don’t think you have understood what this post is about or what people mean.
    It’s not a matter of getting good, because between two equal rosters/skills someone has to lose for the other to win.
    And the one who wins, needs to do it consistently or keep a very high win ratio, in order to progress in a pace that will make it to GC before season ends.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Greekhit said:

Coppin said:

If the purpose of BGs was fair matches they would have given us a deck...
    Its ironic that a lot of people use the term F2P and P2W... Specially P2W and then negate the result ...also people keep on saying that BG matching is based on Prestiege... Kabam never released the parameters of the matching system.. why? Same reason that sandbagging happened.. u got people trying to exploit every aspect to benefit...
    If you are facing big rosters and even with your skills u can't beat it.. just accept it.. you hit your roof...

I don’t think you have understood what this post is about or what people mean.
    It’s not a matter of getting good, because between two equal rosters/skills someone has to lose for the other to win.
    And the one who wins, needs to do it consistently or keep a very high win ratio, in order to progress in a pace that will make it to GC before season ends.
    I dont think the OP understands much either.. he wants matches based on Prestiege or total hero rating... What does hero rating even measure?... People max 3-4* during level up events.. that makes the rating higher.. does it apply to a BG deck?
    Prestiege is the avg base rating (before masteries) of top 5 champs...how does that work on a deck of 30 champs?
    I never told anybody to get good... I just said they might have hit a roof
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

All these comments and views, and so far no comment from Kabam.

This indicates that the current matchmaking system is working as Kabam intends.

Based on their numbers, they probably see that a 'correct' proportion of different Progression Levels make it through VT, a 'correct' proportion of different Progression Levels are distributed throughout the GC tiers.

They probably also see a good amount of money making from players purchasing Victory Shields, since that psychologically weaponizes loss aversion and fear of missing out.

This kind of makes me wonder what Kabam was seeing that made them act on Sandbagging. Probably players not spending money on victory shields since they could just freely change the composition of their deck to be weaker.

What they saw was unsportsmanlike behavior.

What they saw was unsportsmanlike behavior.

I saw they were hiding faulty matchmaking system behind the "unsportsmanlike" word.
    They're probably glad I'm not the one making the official statement on it. I'd call it flat-out cheating the system. If you have to manipulate the metrics just to get your Rewards, you shouldn't have them in my books.
    Everyone likes to hide behind the grey area that the system allows it and it isn't explicitly prohibited, but wrong is wrong. I learned that in primary school.
    Sandbagging against the AI in the Arena is a strategy.
    Sandbagging against other Players in BGs is taking advantage of the system and other people.
    mgj0630 said:

Everyone likes to hide behind the grey area that the system allows it and it isn't explicitly prohibited, but wrong is wrong. I learned that in primary school.

Is that the same primary school where you learned the definition of fair that you posted for us? Cause that didn't work out very well for you. :#
    I know what fair is. Expecting to take out the weakest Players in Bronze 3 because it's too much to take people on in your own Title range ain't it.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,286 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

I can't believe this thread is still going. Prestige matchmaking is obviously a terrible idea lol

Mid skilled Paragons are quitting massively BGs at the moment, out of frustration.
    The higher skilled Paragons that will left on next seasons, will find themselves fighting each other at low VT brackets, as happens to mid skilled Paragons now 😂😂😂
    The prays are stepping out, and the predators will gradually find themselves sweating from Bronze3.
    Then a big MCOC YouTuber will finally make a video about the unfair Prestige matchmaking, and Kabam will be pressed to change it, or change VT at all.
    None of the big YTs does it now, and I suspect that’s mainly because of two reasons:
    2. Even if they see the problem, they need to cater to lower accounts, since those are giving them the most views.
    That’s why they did videos about sandbagging problem, because it was affecting their main audience, lower/mid level players.
    Yet no one of the big YTs has the guts to do a video for that (apart from AlBundyRules, but his channel is still small to influence situations like this, but anyway hats off to him).
    Since you're all about BGs being unfair for a specific group of players atm (which I don't disagree with) let's hear your completely unbiased solution that won't create any other issues for other players lol.
    I’ve proposed various solutions, including keeping Prestige matchmaking in first VT tiers and gradually loosened up to Gold tiers.
    Another solution would be “kick starts” based on previous season placement to avoid the miss matches, but I can understand this is very hard to implement.
    Others have made proposals too, including making another VT for lower accounts with lesser rewards, which I think will create more reactions than any other solution.
    I personally believe no ones Paragon intention is to stomp repeatedly UC accounts at VT, but they aren’t going to sit and watch UC accounts placing higher in a competitive mode.
    This shouldn’t happen and you know it 😉
    Those three could potentially work indeed. I guess I was wrong, some of you aren't as delusional as AlBundyRules after all lol.

Oh no I agree completely, smaller accounts shouldn't be getting to GC before the bigger ones. I have no issues with any of the changes you've proposed there and I'm sure most lower players wouldn't either.
  • PikokPikok Posts: 131 ★★
    All was said here but nothing will be changed unless some big youtube will start talking about. Kabam does not care. No reaction for biggest thread on forum. Victory shields are implemented for a reason.
    In time more people start complaining bcos they will upgrade their prestige accidently and they will be punished for progression in game (sic!). Maybe after that something will be changed.
    Untill that time all paragons matches in VT regardless of division will be as it should be in diamond and vibranium, all TB matches will be as it should be in platinium and gold and all cavs matches will be as in silver and bronze.

I'm not opposed to that. I just don't want the newest Players in the competition being trampled in the first few Brackets. That's my concern. There's too much of a gap for it to even be considered fair, regardless of the status quo. People are having issues as a Paragon coming up against more advanced Paragons and justifying letting them match with UC Players in the same breath. If someone fights their way up and punches to their own ceiling, that's one thing. Making them stonewall at the beginning is another. I'd rather them limit access to BGs than see that happen for people. They'd get upset for a time, and they'd get over it. Better that than laughing at their struggles because they're fuel for others in Bronze 3

Why do the newest players deserve to advance easier than the longest and best players in the game? Why should they think that they deserve to compete in a mode that EVERYONE is in the same pool and fighting for the same rewards?
    Advance faster. The first 2 or 3 Brackets is what I'm talking about and your argument is they're advancing faster because they would have a fair chance at starting out? No offense, but that's a sad argument.
    They're advancing period. Considering they're not going to get anywhere after that, that's not advancing faster than anyone. That's having SOME reason to play. I find it completely selfish that people are butthut about even Matches when they can't even stand to fight their own. That's neither here nor there. The fact that people who are advancing in the competition are crying about some new Players getting a few Shards is pathetic.

That's not what it's about. It's about not letting people who vastly overpower them trample them at the gate. If you're offended by that, then that's sad.
    I need a break from this conversation because I'm losing composure. There's competitiveness, and then there's greed. There should absolutely be some kind of mitigating factor starting out. Someone who is at the lowest end has no business coming up against the highest at the start of the competition. You stop and compare the difference, and if you can use Rewards to justify that, you're not using reason in my opinion. That's how I feel.

Respect to all the people that keep responding to @ItsClobberinTime , but I dont understand where you get the stamina to keep doing so. He is obviously immune to arguments, and only doing his own trolling crusade and spamming up all the post about Battlegrounds. Therefore I stopped reading them. Just checked in here to see if there was an interesting discussion going on, but no. Same same. Only @ItsClobberinTime spamming as usual.

The fact that this is coming from someone who kept spamming threads back then because he needed sandbagging to compensate for his lack of skill as stated on his "Sandbagging in BGs should be okay" post is absolutely hilarious lmao.
    And no, I'm not trolling anyone here, I'm simply suggesting solutions to the problem (which other people have suggested as well). Keep telling yourself that though💀

mgj0630 said:

Greekhit said:

Separate brackets for roster strengths.
    I suggested that one on another thread myself too so I agree with that one. I was asking @Greekhit though, he just complains and complains but doesn't really suggest any viable solutions.
    TO be fair, that is the company's job to do. You think the company cares what we say here? when the complaints hit a threshold, they wil ldo something about it.
    Never said it was our job.
    Maybe, maybe not, who knows. Costs nothing to suggest a solution if you already had one in mind though.

Respect to all the people that keep responding to @ItsClobberinTime , but I dont understand where you get the stamina to keep doing so. He is obviously immune to arguments, and only doing his own trolling crusade and spamming up all the post about Battlegrounds. Therefore I stopped reading them. Just checked in here to see if there was an interesting discussion going on, but no. Same same. Only @ItsClobberinTime spamming as usual.

Absolutely agree, zero point in responding to him, it's just like when he was spamming up nonstop on the sandbagging posts a while back.

It's impossible to take him serious when he so quickly gets into insults and name calling with anyone who disagrees with him. Not sure why someone would think hurling insults and names at those who disagree with them would help their argument.
    I haven't really called you any names or insulted you in a very long time. You're just mad because every single time you have an argument with me you run out of counter arguments, and then you just start malding.
    You start making passive aggressive remarks but I can't call you any names cause then I'm in the wrong right? Lmao the joke writes itself.
  • JaceFace75JaceFace75 Posts: 63
    edited February 2023
    In every single competitive sport in the world that has legitimate fan bases there are rules to make thing’s competitive and hence somewhat fair. We don’t have heavyweight male champions fighting bantamweight female fighters. We don’t have little league teams going against major league teams. We don’t have junior varsity football teams going against nfl teams. All of you guys with whale accounts defending your right to have easy fights against low level guys should be ashamed and have a little more dignity than that. Any defending of the way the matchups are is ludicrous. Anyone with a brain can see it’s lopsided. Thats the facts and any further argument is flat out lying to justify your easy wins.
    BTW i win most of my fights so not sour grapes. Just facts