**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Biohazard Proc Percentage Is Questionable

I find it very hard to believe it's 20%. It almost always procs at least once during a 3 hit after parry, often even twice, and with full Pacify the percentage should be significantly less than 20%. And it consistently procs multiple times during a 5 hit combo after parry (where again, the first 3 hits should have a significantly lower chance), and seems like a near 90% chance to poison when hitting block, I honestly can't remember the last time it didn't proc on a one hit into block.
Maybe I've just had years of terrible luck, but I've thought for a long time that the percentage doesn't seem right. Am I the only one?

Comments

• Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★
    With a 20% chance, you would expect it to proc on average once per 5 hit combo. Since that's the average, it's not unlikely to get 2 or even 3 from a single combo
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ive gone plenty hits without procing.
  • Smokely7Smokely7 Posts: 174 ★★
    I'm pretty sure they have it set up so the overall amount it procs is 20% but you will find that when you use champs like omega red it won't ever proc and when you use Champs that bleed it'll proc every hit. I know all the "it's RNG" stans always come out in these posts but it's pretty obvious the rng is skewed in every aspect of the game this way.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Smokely7 said:

I'm pretty sure they have it set up so the overall amount it procs is 20% but you will find that when you use champs like omega red it won't ever proc and when you use Champs that bleed it'll proc every hit. I know all the "it's RNG" stans always come out in these posts but it's pretty obvious the rng is skewed in every aspect of the game this way.

Unless you have enough data to back your claim , it's worth nought
  • Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 ★★
    Ackbar67 said:

With a 20% chance, you would expect it to proc on average once per 5 hit combo. Since that's the average, it's not unlikely to get 2 or even 3 from a single combo

Agreed, average of once per 5 hit combo (this is without the decreased chance while parry stunned). So that means sometimes it'll be more than once, and sometimes it should be less than once. I quite literally can't remember a single time I've done a 5 hit combo where at least one didn't proc, and way more often than not, more than one. So that's more of a minimum of once rather than an average of once. I would totally understand getting multiple procs a combo, if I ever got zero procs a combo, but that has never happened that I can recall (and I've been keeping track for a long time). And again, I run max Pacify, and only do parry heavy, or parry 3 hit, so the average should actually be substantially less than once per 5 hits. Just seems like the percentage is skewed, or again, I've just had terrible luck for years.. Guess we'll never know.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Smokely7 said:

I was gonna say the same😂 most of the times when I’m using ghost against such nodes, i hardly proc any debuff but if I’m using someone else who takes a little while to trigger their immunity or they don’t have an immunity , the debuff procs on every hit😂
  • I've gone 40 hits no bleed. Other times I've gone 6 hits got 6 bleeds. That's RNG for you
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

I've gone 40 hits no bleed. Other times I've gone 6 hits got 6 bleeds. That's RNG for you

Were you by any chance using a bleed immune when you went 40 hits without procuring a bleed?
  • Graves_3 said:

H3t3r said:

I've gone 40 hits no bleed. Other times I've gone 6 hits got 6 bleeds. That's RNG for you

Were you by any chance using a bleed immune when you went 40 hits without procuring a bleed?
    No lol. I was doing some testing and I wanted to have the bleeds on me and just didn't get any.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Ycats said:

There should be a required statistics class before you are allowed to play this game.

There would be a lot less players if you needed a passing score. @DNA3000 be on here teaching "If the p is low, the null must go." ...and that would be the end of mcoc.
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 448 ★★★
    Smokely7 said:

People call me crazy but it’s so true. If I use storm pyramid x kingpin will never purify the stun. Whatever you “want” to happen will never happen. Whatever you don’t “want” to happen, happens everytime. The algorithm with this game is somewhat manipulated.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★

Smokely7 said:

People call me crazy but it’s so true. If I use storm pyramid x kingpin will never purify the stun. Whatever you “want” to happen will never happen. Whatever you don’t “want” to happen, happens everytime. The algorithm with this game is somewhat manipulated.
    So you're telling me that the game is coded to read your mind, so that it can then do the opposite of what you want?
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    i honestly wouldnt be surprised that the % goes up if the defender has AAR increase abilities. the same way archie is able to shut down nodes, defenders can enhance nodes to increase the numbers. sounds crazy but crazier things have happened with bugs and kabam mixing stuff
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★

i honestly wouldnt be surprised that the % goes up if the defender has AAR increase abilities. the same way archie is able to shut down nodes, defenders can enhance nodes to increase the numbers. sounds crazy but crazier things have happened with bugs and kabam mixing stuff

For the purpose of AAR, nodes are counted as an extension of champion abilities so it would be logical that increasing AA in a champion with the biohazard node would also increase the chance for the bleed/poison to trigger. Only ones that come to mind right now are Attuma and Longshot but idk if there are any in-game that we can test this on.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★

For the purpose of AAR, nodes are counted as an extension of champion abilities so it would be logical that increasing AA in a champion with the biohazard node would also increase the chance for the bleed/poison to trigger. Only ones that come to mind right now are Attuma and Longshot but idk if there are any in-game that we can test this on.
    im sure its testable.
    they stranger part after that is if you use immune champs that benefit from said immunity, colossus for example. i notice he doesnt gain armor ups or gets effected by nodes such as biohazard when the node benefits me. but then using someone like apoc or prof x 80%+ of the hits stack multiple bleeds. (using mutant EQ as prime examples)
    and then once apoc gains immunity, the bleeds seem to stop "activating" and takes almost 3x as long to get stacks of fury from said immunities.
    it all comes back to people saying RNG... but honestly the game always seems to be against the player the majority of the time.