**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BGs Killing my Drive

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

Comparable accounts may not be accurate (I don't ever check overall rating or prestige personally) but I probably should have said comparable decks. After 30 champs account size matters as that means you have more options to fill deck for a specific meta need but in the end what matters is deck strength and its rare I'm matched against someone I'd say doesn't have a chance just based on deck strength

Thanks. That’s what I would expect. Do you find you have similar encounters across your matches (same/similar dance around which champs get banned/used)? Or is there a lot of variability?

Dr. Zola
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Comparable accounts may not be accurate (I don't ever check overall rating or prestige personally) but I probably should have said comparable decks. After 30 champs account size matters as that means you have more options to fill deck for a specific meta need but in the end what matters is deck strength and its rare I'm matched against someone I'd say doesn't have a chance just based on deck strength

Thanks. That’s what I would expect. Do you find you have similar encounters across your matches (same/similar dance around which champs get banned/used)? Or is there a lot of variability?

Dr. Zola
    You tend to see more variety at the beginning of a new season or new week once in GC. The longer the nodeset goes though you see more and more of the same stuff as people that were slower to pick up on who will be good start to figure things out.
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 202 ★★
    In one way I solved my issue, I was primarily doing BGs to get 6* sig stones in the store for Hercules. After doing my 2nd gauntlet run last night (instead of BGs) I got the remaining sig stones I needed to get him up to 200. So now I have less pressure about advancing, maybe that takes some pressure off and I can string some wins together, tbd.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Nocko said:

DrZola said:

I think the game mode has some very significant issues that can’t be addressed just by making the BG store overly rewarding.

When I’m not getting disconnection issues (one out of two fights tonight, prevented my selecting final champs in draft), I run across things like this opponent…

Incredible skills in Silver 3 to pull that kind of fight off in this VT with suicides. Sure, maybe the team catches them using mods and cheating doesn’t pay, or maybe they don’t. Matters little to me, who winds up dropped back a point in a match that should have been a win.

Dr. Zola

To be fair
    I’ve used NF against void a lot in this meta
    And I usually get him down to 5%ish and then let him get me to second life before finishing off
    I’m getting pretty good at timing it so I’m finishing with NF at 90%ish on second life
    I’ve lucked into a very high 90’s
    If you time it well, it’s very achievable
    In 22 seconds? Getting hit and/or simply blocking just 4 times total? With suis?

Dr. Zola
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited February 2023
    I don’t claim to be the greatest, but I feel my skills are pretty good. Been playing for four years completed most in end game Contant but I guess my roster is just way too good for my skills. Because everyone I am matched up against is far superior to me, and when I can get a couple wins together, there’s terrible locks with connection issue dropped inputs lagging. This game mode is awesome, but it is so infuriating to have a game mode you like, and cannot be able to progress in. I literally will not put signature stones into any of my six stars anymore. And do not want to take any more champions to rank4. Knowing if penalizes me in this game mode, a game mode I like to play or I did like to play at one point.. lol
  • FrydayFryday Posts: 669 ★★★

all these losses because of cheats, losses because of connection issues, losses because of the instant KO bug and other bugs ... it just makes the need for consecutive victories that much more frustrating. it just isn't necessary. a loss in this mode should just be a loss especially because of the unresolved issues i've mentioned.

and this is coming from someone who always makes it to the circuit. i'm simply speaking based on my own experience of what could possibly make this mode less frustrating for players overall regardless of skill level.

You make an interesting point. Now I understand that Kabam use this method of progression so Victory Shield could be a thing and help generate extra purchasable items and income, but honestly wondering many Victory Shield are being use and purchases?

Because if the Victory Shield isn't really generate much extra income for Kabam, then could another progression method be more enjoyable (or at least less frustrating for players, especially with all of these bugs in the game right now).

What does people think about the idea of?

E.g - Bronze 3 to Bronze 2.

Need to win 5 (or 6) match to move to Bronze 2, everytime you win get a token, but if you lose you DON'T lose a token. So still need to win a certain amount of match to progress, but don't lose progress if you lose (due to whatever the reason, skill, connection or bug)?
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I’m in diamond 1 and this is the hardest I’ve had to work to get into the GC in any season so far. My main frustration is this seasons VT node, not the matchmaking. These nuke meta’s are god awful.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Nocko said:

DrZola said:

I think the game mode has some very significant issues that can’t be addressed just by making the BG store overly rewarding.

When I’m not getting disconnection issues (one out of two fights tonight, prevented my selecting final champs in draft), I run across things like this opponent…

Incredible skills in Silver 3 to pull that kind of fight off in this VT with suicides. Sure, maybe the team catches them using mods and cheating doesn’t pay, or maybe they don’t. Matters little to me, who winds up dropped back a point in a match that should have been a win.

Dr. Zola

To be fair
    I’ve used NF against void a lot in this meta
    And I usually get him down to 5%ish and then let him get me to second life before finishing off
    I’m getting pretty good at timing it so I’m finishing with NF at 90%ish on second life
    I’ve lucked into a very high 90’s
    If you time it well, it’s very achievable
    In 22 seconds? Getting hit and/or simply blocking just 4 times total? With suis?

Dr. Zola
    I’d argue that’s actually the *only* way to do this. You get the massive attack boost. Void applies his damage to drain Nick quickly. You stack bleeds and time the kill right as you hit phase 2. Without suicides, you don’t take enough damage to hit second life. You don’t do enough damage to kill that fast.
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★

This is me one win away from GC. I have used protection shield for every single of these fights. Fun times…

I am a long time paragon.

Using the victory track shields is almost a guaranteed loss any and everything that can go against. You will hear me. It’s like the AI get uped or something. I have used everyone I’ve ever received and only won one match with one. My experience anyway.