**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

From my experience of this game these are champions I really think are underestimated.

Jones_643744Jones_643744 Posts: 13
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
Note: just my opinion ...I would like to hear yours as well.
these champs im gonna talk about are mostly lower tier and useless characters.
but hey...all characters have something likeable right??? (sometimes anyway)

1. Luke Cage - Im gonna be honest, i was really angry when i pulled him on my 2nd opening!
and then later duping him. but when i had to verse a character (such as mephisto) this lad was helpful
as i had a 2nd life or a safeguard (tough it out) this came in helpful when i versed nearly K.O. hard bosses.

2. Gamora - I never understood why she never stood in the cosmic hall of fame. now i know ...shes not really ideal for players who are after complexity and utility. shes a plain jane but thats what i like about her. nothing random or interesting about her ... i just know that her 1st and 2nd attack slays. 100% crit chance, and an amazing bleed! besides she hits harder than most champions...most anyway. and i she really did help for a longtime when i did master.

3.Kamala Khan - dont hate on this weirdo, yeah shes a way weaker version of ms marvel and captain marvel but i have to say when i first got her starting out in this game she really did help. though now i realise there is better, i still appreciate the help she was to me, and the fact my friend couldnt beat her as my prestige character lol. her fury on L1 is still good. her L2 is actually deadly and shes poison immune. alongside a pretty good block. (and dont forget...you always see it coming...that heavy attack)

4.OG magneto - First of all, this guy makes one of the best AW defenders in my opinion. all his attacks are really hard hitting and bleeds as well. Magneto's 2nd is actually one of the hardest attacks to evade, unless ur versing him with DD or spidey etc. but raw skill to dexterity that 2nd is needed. his 2nd is mad!! healblock,bleed and armour break, if you have magneto, embrace him, use him in an unblockable 2 and watch ur magneto reck i war.

5. Winter soldier - This dudes a real beast. also my first 4* that hit more than 1k single hit. utility wise he is pretty mad, with that heavy bleed, incinerate and his ignorance over armour.also duping him makes him even more deadly with that random powerdrain...not as useful as hawkeye but when it does trigger its helpful.

6.Groot - arguably one of the most underrated characters in mcoc. he hits really hard once his I AM GROOT hatches and his becomes crazy!!! i beat rol ws with him on full health....cos of that powerful regen on his unblockable L2. and of course bleed immune, plus stun immune. in AW i usually get a few kills in. he can be painful to verse.

also im gonna mention a few other decent yet underestimated champs:
antman poison is quite good and fatige
spidergwen that L1 maybe useless in an attack but in AW it can trick opponents with that evade. and armorbreak
punisher i always get hit by him. powerful bleed and L2;3
loki buff steal is fun to play. and new synergy with hella makes him even more desirable
doctor strange still is an amazing champ, powerful regen,powergain and fury plus fatal seal...and yes kabam ruined this champ!

thanks for reading my opinion... soz for all the writing but i hope u its helped in someway...maybe?
toodles.

Comments

• Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    How about Carnage?
  • Options
    ZappZapp Posts: 69
    They are not underestimated, just a lot worse in power and usability compared to other champions.
  • Options
    thanks for comments guys..

carnage i have heard is better than what ppl say @DLegend
    but i have no strong opinion on him as i havent really used him a lot.
    to me his a bit of a meh champion but im sure he has decent mechanics if you read his stats.
  • Options
    Gamora and Kamala Khan hit hard its just that if you want to rank up a hard hitting cosmic you'd be better off with Hyperion, Angela, Thor, Hela, both marvel girls, medusa, or sym spidey. That's eight other champions that do essentially the same thing only better.
  • Options
    AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    You listed all champs that are undesirable except few like winter soldier, punisher and loki. All others are pure garbage including carnage and if you are completing master quest with these **** list champs then you are skilled. Also i would like to list other few that are underrated
    Thor (jane foster) - stun lock, pretty good crits damage duped
    Venom- tank champ can dish out huge damage sig ability needs rework
    Howard the duck - most people doesn't want him for god knows reason he can take a good amount of hits and has utilities that can give an edge in fight
    Civil warrior - one of best defensive power control champ when used with skill also armor up stacks helps a lot
    Hulkbuster - not just counter to hulk but all champs who has fury which are many also that l3 hits like crazy
    If i remember more i will add them for now this is it
  • Options
    ss1100ss1100 Posts: 365
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    Howard the duck - most people doesn't want him for god knows reason he can take a good amount of hits and has utilities that can give an edge in fight

Can't agree more. My 2nd 4* n has served me well. Even till now I still use him for questing n aq.
  • Options
    @ss1100
    yeah your list is very good too.
    definitely howard and venom i believe also deserve more credit.

but the champions i listed got me to where i am now.

i still think groot is a really solid defender on certain nodes in the note that he out ranks many cosmics
    especially Angela in defence.

i do believe that there is better tho.
  • Options
    Here are my thoughts about LC. Please note the irony.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPCKXA3oJuo

Regarding the other champs, I could agree if we were in 2015. The fact is, there are other champions who do better than those mentioned in all the lists (except for WS who is truly amazing). Well, I wouldn't waste resources ranking up such champions at this point.
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Lol OP you must have trash champs tbh if u consider the mentioned champs as great. Only Loki and Ds are good the rest suck big time. If you think that punisher and magneto l2 are hard to evade you must be a mid tier player.
    Here are some underrated champs.
    Thor Jane foster perma stun lock
    King groot highest hp poison perma armor break regen
    Karnak shrugs off debuffs too fast and huge damage
    Yj that sting sucks if u get hit
    Dd 100 percent evade
    Psylocke power lock power drain power burn stun
    Gambit perma stun
    Beast regen bleed resistance
    Gully juggernaut hood all underrated
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Hood is underrated, he is stronger than undupped Voodoo
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    underestimated LOL, its a list of the worst champs ever, you have very bad luck on crystals

i like gamora and kamala but they are useless in hard missions, it doesnt matter the bleed or whatever, they suck in act 5
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    How much of that changes with synergy? I play solo and so my primary use is story, and event quests and arenas and I have fun playing them all. In fact I enjoy playing every tier. It was fun to have a reason to play my 2 stars for this appreciation event. Just wish there was more use for 3s. But, my question is do they not improve if they are included in a maximum synergy squad? I have good fun with BP, IF, and PM. Same with Gamora, SL and drax...You find them entirely useless in all Alliance content?
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    And how do masteries factor in? Could you not choose to build a mastery around specific champs and make them better? Seems like powerman with glass cannon and a suicide build would he a stone cold killer. But that isn't my build...
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Spider-gwen and iron patriot were my first 4*s and they got me through a lot of content, now they sit at 3/30 and will forever stay there. Doesn't mean they're good.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I stopped reading at OG magneto being a good defender. It killed the little credibility you had.
  • Options
    SjanddsSjandds Posts: 117
    If you ask me psylocke is very underrated her no power gain is too handy at bane nodes .
  • Options
    @Jones_643744 did you really beat rol with Groot?
  • Options
    Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    I think Thor jane foster is very under rated just do l1 to get shock up and her attack increases allong with that stun she is beast
  • Options
    BudderBudder Posts: 12
    Magneto’s sp.2 is one of the easiest special attacks to evade in the game, if you want a hard one, look at hood.
  • Options
    Wangdizzle wrote: »
    @Jones_643744 did you really beat rol with Groot?

yeah rol winter soldier...I know weak right!
    but I'm still sorta getting the hang of it.
  • Options
    Rap wrote: »
    How much of that changes with synergy? I play solo and so my primary use is story, and event quests and arenas and I have fun playing them all. In fact I enjoy playing every tier. It was fun to have a reason to play my 2 stars for this appreciation event. Just wish there was more use for 3s. But, my question is do they not improve if they are included in a maximum synergy squad? I have good fun with BP, IF, and PM. Same with Gamora, SL and drax...You find them entirely useless in all Alliance content?

I love the gtog team...I don't think gamora lets the team down either as she has a decent crit boost with drax
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    They aren't underrated, first off and this is important, those champions are bad by comparison,the way you should gauge a champion's viability is if a player played perfectly with the champ how good they will be in each area of the game compared to other champions that were played equally as perfect. Luke cage will never no matter how well play him hit as hard as almost 80-90% of champs in game, gamora is not in the cosmic hall of fame because no matter how well you play her she will never be as viable as medusa, thor, drax, hyperion or angela, same deal with Kamala kahn, magneto in most high tier alliance wars is a joke defender as with literallly ten minutes of practice his special 2 becomes childs play to evade, winter soldier is no longer underrated and most people do say he is quite good and groot has bad damage output, there is no way around that, yes he can get good damage off his fury and crit stage but it still doesn't put him near the top 50%, his regen is very weak compared to other regen champions and he is a very bad defender in any sort of top tier alliance war.

The champs you listed are not underrated, just because you have a personal preference it doesn't change the champions actually viability nor does it change the communities consensus when a lot of top tier players who know the most about the game and have been playing the longest have done vigorous testing with most of the characters to determine their value.
  • Options
    Sungj wrote: »
    The champs you listed are not underrated, just because you have a personal preference it doesn't change the champions actually viability nor does it change the communities consensus when a lot of top tier players who know the most about the game and have been playing the longest have done vigorous testing with most of the characters to determine their value.

The problem with this statement is there is no acknowledged representative of "the community" there is only the average vocal voice within the community, and that average can be and often is wrong. It also changes over time even when the champion doesn't change. For example, there are a lot of people who today think Magik was always an acknowledged top tier champion, but that's completely false. Long after her abilities were changed she wasn't considered a good attacker until people's attitudes regarding power control shifted.

I personally think there are a lot of champions that are underrated, where "underrated" means what it normally means: something is better than the consensus opinion thinks it is. A champion can be a top performing champion or a bottom performing champion and still be underrated. What defines underrating is the performance of the champion compared to what people value the champion as, not the performance of the champion compared to other champions.

I still think Magik is underrated as an attacker, for example, even though opinions of her have steadily risen over time. I still hear people say she's not a good attacker unawakened, which makes little sense to me. Dr. Strange is definitely underrated: he's not as good as he was, but no way is he as worthless as the general vocal opinion tends to state. Sometimes opinion is all over the place, so a champion can be sometimes underrated and sometimes not: Elektra is in that category. Some people think she is great, some think she is meh, and there's no real consensus majority opinion.

Probably the most consistently underrated champion in my opinion is OG Vision. A lot of people claim he is interchangeable with AoU Vision, or sometimes even a lesser version of AoU Vision. To me, that's probably the widest separation between opinion and in-game performance that I personally experience.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    @DNA3000 personally I’ve never heard anyone suggest that AoU Vision is greater than or even equal to OG Vision, definitely not from someone that has played with OG.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 personally I’ve never heard anyone suggest that AoU Vision is greater than or even equal to OG Vision, definitely not from someone that has played with OG.

I've seen it enough times to take note of it. Usually, the argument goes that OG has synthesis, AoU has power steal, so its similar. But having played both, that's not my experience at all. I played AoU first, and grew to really like him, so I had no reason to undervalue him. But when I got and ranked up OG, there was no comparison.