**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

JUST STOP IT- Heavies being parry stunned

Players are under a lot of pressure while playing in competitive AW. There are so much that can go wrong in so little time. There is only so much things a human can be expected to get perfectly.

Add to that a mechanic that can whoop your champ in 2 seconds or less (quick heavies) is the last thing you need. Also it is the worst outcome as you have no control over it.

You hide from work to get in a quick war fight, put on all the boosts, summon the lords of inner peace and go into a fight to be one upped by this poorly designed and thought out mechanic.

So please just stop this. Some things need to be absolute. Resisting is fine. But parry stunning? Like come on guys, give the players a break.

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    A well timed block causes parry stun. What's the issue. You can do it too
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 970 ★★★★

A well timed block causes parry stun. What's the issue. You can do it too

AI parrying is fine and fair. AI proccing stand-your-ground and parrying in the same instance is kinda bs, you have to admit. You decide to heavy counter and end up getting parried, that'd be infuriating, especially in high risk war/bg content. You've done nothing wrong there, but get screwed by rng.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Dr zolas comment got deleted, I wanted to reply to it. Smh
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 776 ★★★

The AI does seem to recover too quickly sometimes and punish you.

The AI should only be able to do things real players can do both in mechanics and speed.

Hell yeah to the last statement!!!!!
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Stand your ground is awesome for war and bgs... And yes the chance of parry on heavy (usually on multi hit heavies) is part of it...
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr zolas comment got deleted, I wanted to reply to it. Smh

Not sure what I said. But here’s a comment you can reply to.

Dr. Zola
    You said something about resisting unblockable attacks is where this cross the line.
    And I wanted to add to it by saying, getting hit by first hit of multi hit heavy and resisting later part of hits. That too crosses the line.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 750 ★★★
    Yeah, I get that we players can perry a heavy too but the AI being able to do it just makes it unfair since they can just do it anytime you heavy if it decides it's time for you to die. That basically means any time you want to use heavy in the game you have a chance of just getting parried and wrecked. not cool. Its not a fair playing field in a game like this where you have to be perfect in every move because the defender damage is just so high and so much at stake.