**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BGs matches not working

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
edited February 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
I've been trying to play BGs and it's either not finding matches, or when it does find a match, it times out right away, or (more frustrating) the match starts and it sits at the load screen for a couple mins, then at the ban screen for a couple mins, then at the BG champ select screen for a few mins..... then the match eventually ends in a draw... On top of that, each time this uses up your energy or Elder Marks

Update, now the matches are auto selecting everything, so the matches that do work are a complete dumpster fire...

DON'T PLAY BG'S TODAY UNTIL KABAM FIXES THEM TODAY PEEPS!
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• nelly22nelly22 Posts: 65
    Same problem
  • JOKE94JOKE94 Posts: 16
    Yeah no matches happening.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
    Yeah I've wasted 180 elder marks on 2 matches that ended in a Draw... FUN
  • Ravens20Ravens20 Posts: 77
    what happen to me is I'm on a two game losing streak because the game decide to have connection issues and when i restart the game i have 20 seconds left and we both at full health and i lose i lost my last two match up because of this waste of elder mark and now instead of moving up I'm moving down that's -14 points twice smh I'm not saying its a guarantee i would've won both matches but i would like to have a fair chance at lease which i wasn't given, so far this season of BG is worst than the ones with the Mods if I'm being honest. Kabam please take BG down and fix the issues before reinstating and i think players deserve their Elder mark and energy refills back in a compensation package
  • Ravens20Ravens20 Posts: 77
    Chovner said:

Yeah I've wasted 180 elder marks on 2 matches that ended in a Draw... FUN

i would've took a draw mine ended in lost not only did i waste elder mark but now instead of moving up I'm moving down
  • MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    Chovner said:

Quick question, I haven't seen a warning or message anywhere saying BGs are busted and will be fixed today. Have I missed it? could you please point it to the source?

I just went through everything you described and it was probably the single worst experience I've had with BGs. Ever.

• BENNYJBENNYJ Posts: 96
    Same issue, when it does load, the screen freezes when the countdown expires
    Mord said:

Chovner said:

Quick question, I haven't seen a warning or message anywhere saying BGs are busted and will be fixed today. Have I missed it? could you please point it to the source?

I just went through everything you described and it was probably the single worst experience I've had with BGs. Ever.

I haven't seen anything either, I'm just glad it's not just me and hopefully enough people post about it that they look at it ASAP, because BGs are 100% unplayable now. I just did a whole match that all my champs, bans, fights were auto-selected, and now I'm at the results screen waiting to see what happens... Been sitting at the results screen for 4 mins now, and I don't want to exit on my own in case (by some miracle) I win.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    I just had 4 matches in a row not start - I thought the opponent just didn't accept.

The in my lowly alt account I couldn't find a match after 5 minutes.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Not working for me either

I just had 4 matches in a row not start - I thought the opponent just didn't accept.

The in my lowly alt account I couldn't find a match after 5 minutes.

Honestly, declining matches are the best thing that can happen to you right now.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,503 ★★★★★
    Same issue.
    Chovner said:

Mord said:

Chovner said:

I haven't seen anything either, I'm just glad it's not just me and hopefully enough people post about it that they look at it ASAP, because BGs are 100% unplayable now. I just did a whole match that all my champs, bans, fights were auto-selected, and now I'm at the results screen waiting to see what happens... Been sitting at the results screen for 4 mins now, and I don't want to exit on my own in case (by some miracle) I win.
    Same here. You will probably need to restart, hope you get the win.
  • dfmoore26dfmoore26 Posts: 94
    Mine gets the match and then doesn't move from screen to screen. Just sits there. If I swipe down my notifications and then swipe them away then whatever has automatically been selected shows up. Super great time.
  • StantonaStantona Posts: 107
    I think I've been one of the lucky ones to mostly avoid modders and bugs to date, but BGs are totally broken as of now. Same issues as above, freezing, timers expiring and random drafts as cannot select my desired champs. Nightmare :s
  • LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
    I have a video of me repeatedly trying to load my Battlegrounds match up, though the timer keeps going to zero and I have to restart. When I do, the match is continuing with drafting and champ selection as if I'm there. Then it times out before going into the fight, and won't let me select my champs. I lost yet another match today because of this bug. I am happy to upload it to share with the team, but let's be honest, they won't fix what happened to those of us who lose out.
    Here’s my experience (nice long boring vid of sitting at loading screens forever,champ selection not working, etc)… ENJOY!!! 😀:

https://youtu.be/NGthQky-7vc
  • MeatbagFryMeatbagFry Posts: 19
    The same issue. Also i had "played" only one game but lost 2 games.
  • Mads1089Mads1089 Posts: 4
    Yup same here last hr . It just keeps freezing and eventually 1 person wins and one person looses no fighting even takes place
    Just tried to match and it took 6 mins before I cancelled. Also the result of my last match finally came through 40 mins after it happened and I apparently lost, and my progression token as gone.... so that was a fun :neutral:
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    2+m with no match for me.
  • SebestSebest Posts: 7
    same
  • Fultsy24Fultsy24 Posts: 4
    I havent been able to match anyone all day. The rare time that I am able to get a match, BGs continues to lag and crash over and over. I cant even play a match and get an instant loss. This needs to be fixed ASAP. If it cant be fixed, Kabam needs to pause the season or end it now and give out rewards from last season.
  • TensioTensio Posts: 171
    3 minutes and still no opponents. Trying several times during day and still didn’t find any

• ProducteProducte Posts: 74
    Same problem, 30min and zero matches.