**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rage meta in BG thoughts

Comments

• Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★

i am not paragon yet i have only one r4 in my account and i have been winning some rounds doing the following. I enter, hit until the guy is unblockable, then I pause the match and wait for the time to run out.

This is why the pause button should be removed from BG. Pausing shouldn’t be a strategy to win
    Exactly. Another reason why this meta is trash. 75% of matches is he other person pausing.

I used to be against removing the pause button because stuff does happen, but I am all for removing it at this point. Or at least only let it be paused for a max of 10 seconds and then the match resumes
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    They don't think things through properly, if they do a lot of the nodes for the metas will be just right. Like I said before rage node 1% is just not practical and reasonable. They didn't test it properly, the results: a lot of pausing and players quitting the matches left and right. Someone is not doing their job very well. Even rage 1.5% as a mention before will even be a stretch. 2% rage cap would have been idle. I've done so many adjustments and combinations and 1% is unreasonably punishing.
  • Options
    RasenDouglasRasenDouglas Posts: 10
    edited March 2023

Maybe it’s just because i’m not really concerned with being high ranked or anything, i just like the challenge of having to deal with these tough defenders. I’m having fun whether I win or lose. Clearly not many of you agree lol. I can see why you wouldn’t like it though. It’s just my opinion

my account is weak compared to the players I've been facing. Majority Paragons with at least 6 or 7 r4 champions. Even players with r5 champions I have faced. And beating them, using 5-star champion and spaming emote in their face because I used that pause strategy for myself is really fun.
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★

Maybe it’s just because i’m not really concerned with being high ranked or anything, i just like the challenge of having to deal with these tough defenders. I’m having fun whether I win or lose. Clearly not many of you agree lol. I can see why you wouldn’t like it though. It’s just my opinion

my account is weak compared to the players I've been facing. Majority Paragons with at least 6 or 7 r4 champions. Even players with r5 champions I have faced. And beating them, using 5-star champion and spaming emote in their face because I used that strategy for myself is really fun.
    See, it’s fun. My roster is developed, no r5 but decent r4s. But there’s still strategy. I don’t emote spam but hey i think it’s funny
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

my account is weak compared to the players I've been facing. Majority Paragons with at least 6 or 7 r4 champions. Even players with r5 champions I have faced. And beating them, using 5-star champion and spaming emote in their face because I used that pause strategy for myself is really fun.
    So ur like the Neymar Jr for MCOC (Football reference for Football Lovers)
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,661 Guardian

i am not paragon yet i have only one r4 in my account and i have been winning some rounds doing the following. I enter, hit until the guy is unblockable, then I pause the match and wait for the time to run out.

This is why the pause button should be removed from BG. Pausing shouldn’t be a strategy to win
    Exactly. Another reason why this meta is trash. 75% of matches is he other person pausing.

I used to be against removing the pause button because stuff does happen, but I am all for removing it at this point. Or at least only let it be paused for a max of 10 seconds and then the match resumes
    Removing the pause button wouldn't actually fix the issue. For those who pause, they could literally combo, press the home button, wait a minute, and go back into the game.

Due to how phones work, mcoc can't just continue the fight in the background since the fight is running from your phone. Before anyone says about having the fight run server-side, good luck doing frame-perfect inputs like parry when there is more latency with your inputs.

The real solution would be to have a penalty when the game is paused, if the game is paused for more than 10 total seconds of the match, then you start to have points rapidly deplete. This would still allow people to pause for whatever reason they deem necessary, while punishing those who want to just pause through the match
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 659 ★★★★
    I really think 1% is an exaggeration and 2% would be more ideal, you can't nullify more than 5 furies, you can't gain power except using a debuff champion and although i don't have a problem fighting a champion fully unblockable (done plenty of times in AW) the damage cap makes the fight way too long and quite often you will time out, it's supposed to be hard? YES but it's just too frustrating rn
    @Kabam Jax can we have a take on this please?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I wonder if Kabam has a way to make it so Pausing has a punishment similar to AQ or Aw...take away half of your remaining health like a timeout ..
    I can see it having a negative effect to differenciate a legit time out and a non legit; but there has to be a way to differenciate 3 seconds before the last input and 60 seconds...
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Until they resolve the problem where there’s no BG fight timer , there shouldn’t be a penalty for pausing since that’s the only way to see the timer.

I haven’t experienced that bug this month but that doesn’t mean the bug is fixed .
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Until they resolve the problem where there’s no BG fight timer , there shouldn’t be a penalty for pausing since that’s the only way to see the timer.

I haven’t experienced that bug this month but that doesn’t mean the bug is fixed .

I think they should make it in a very easy way ..
    No inputs for 10 seconds ... Instant death...
    I mean there is no way u can just stand there without even blocking...
    That would even solved the stupid modders that think they are too smart to get caught and run the clock before 1 punching u to death..
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Removing the pause button wouldn't actually fix the issue. For those who pause, they could literally combo, press the home button, wait a minute, and go back into the game.

Due to how phones work, mcoc can't just continue the fight in the background since the fight is running from your phone. Before anyone says about having the fight run server-side, good luck doing frame-perfect inputs like parry when there is more latency with your inputs.

The real solution would be to have a penalty when the game is paused, if the game is paused for more than 10 total seconds of the match, then you start to have points rapidly deplete. This would still allow people to pause for whatever reason they deem necessary, while punishing those who want to just pause through the match
    Each end of match scoring screen should have a row for "pause", which awards negative points depending on how long you paused. For example. -100pts per 10 seconds paused
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Mauled said:

Terrible design, hilarious in its outcome

I like it better than last week so far personally
    Not a fan personally, that said I haven’t particularly enjoyed this month in general tbh. I dare say I’ll get used to it when I put a bit more time into it but I can’t be bothered right now lol.
  • Options
    VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★

I really think 1% is an exaggeration and 2% would be more ideal, you can't nullify more than 5 furies, you can't gain power except using a debuff champion and although i don't have a problem fighting a champion fully unblockable (done plenty of times in AW) the damage cap makes the fight way too long and quite often you will time out, it's supposed to be hard? YES but it's just too frustrating rn

Your opponent is also facing the same thing. There’s nothing to be frustrated about. We can only beat what’s in front of us

• Options
    Vydra said:

Your opponent is also facing the same thing. There’s nothing to be frustrated about. We can only beat what’s in front of us

Honestly its the most fun i had this season.. just pick the right defender.. the right attacker (kinda) and yolo
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Sub 10k point fights with people dying left and right. :D
    Got to do miles cheese though so I am satisfied 😌
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Vydra said:

Honestly its the most fun i had this season.. just pick the right defender.. the right attacker (kinda) and yolo

same here! it’s a nice break away from the usual nuke metas we get. people really need to start getting used to the fact we aren’t always gonna get standard metas that aim to finish full health or least fight seconds. things will always switch up😂
  • Options
    Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 98 ★★
    I thought the last fight or flight meta was bad but this is a joke. The meta’s have been increasingly been becoming too much. I have basically every champ in the game and it’s still just impossible to actually do most of the fights. It’s just who can take the most health off before they die. It’s not fun at all. Don’t have nothing nodes but don’t have something this ridiculous either.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Honestly the failed inputs make this season hard to gauge. I can’t go a single match without inputs failing me. Add in AI that now effectively lets any champ evade and the real rage comes from that.

Also I love how they solved the “pausing” issue by just letting the timer run in the back ground.
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 192 ★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Honestly the failed inputs make this season hard to gauge. I can’t go a single match without inputs failing me. Add in AI that now effectively lets any champ evade and the real rage comes from that.

Also I love how they solved the “pausing” issue by just letting the timer run in the back ground.

The amount of times I’ve been shallow dexed by the ai smh
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    this meta is borderline unplayable. It basically all comes down to draft luck and in a lot of matchups the best bet is to just pause immediately and timeout for the attacker health bonus and I kid you not, I have won rounds by doing that
  • Options

this meta is borderline unplayable. It basically all comes down to draft luck and in a lot of matchups the best bet is to just pause immediately and timeout for the attacker health bonus and I kid you not, I have won rounds by doing that

Which meta hasn’t been about draft luck? lol

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,684 ★★★★★
    Keep the pause timer but put a limit on it equal to half the remaining time and bung a stun on equal to the length of the pause.
  • Options
    Ravens20Ravens20 Posts: 77

i wouldn't remove it but i would either make a limit on it like 10-15 seconds pause and points deduction for pausing
  • Options
    Ravens20 said:

i wouldn't remove it but i would either make a limit on it like 10-15 seconds pause and points deduction for pausing
    I could go along with that. 10 seconds free pause per match fight and then anything after that causes point deduction.
  • Options
    Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Posts: 160
    Its the most uncreative, lazy node they've made yet. When 70% of match ups result in death, you've messed up. Along with the bugs and modders, theyve sucked all the fun out of BG.