**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is Nimrod not a XL champ

I’ve been wondering this for a while why is nimrod not an XL champ like sentinel because of this he can’t be used in the variant 2 will this ever be changed

Comments

• Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    Here we go again
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    ADDIS0N said:

Yeah, well, neither is Man-Thing.

They rubbed salt in the wound by zooming out on his model and making him oddly punier than other characters.

Missed Easter egg opportunity instead of throwing an arm, he could've been throwing a Daredevil for his special.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Don't forget galan is only L too 🤣
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 718 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Don't forget galan is only L too 🤣

I was just gunna comment that. I mean. Odin grows gigantic and is considered only L but Galan? He kinda towers over other champs even without the L3
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Morningstar is L
  • Options
    DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★

He’s just a lil guy

This is amazing!!!!
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Apparently the game team has decided that #size is determined more by game balance than size. Obviously they won't introduce Puck and make him #XL, but not giving Galan the XL tag is almost as egregious.
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★

He’s just a lil guy

Love this!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Apparently the game team has decided that #size is determined more by game balance than size. Obviously they won't introduce Puck and make him #XL, but not giving Galan the XL tag is almost as egregious.

I don't think game balance has all that much to do with it. I think it has as much to do with the artistic choice on how to portray the champions in the actual game. In the comics, the Phoenix has unlimited power, but in the game she's limited to the champion design parameters. Ghost Rider is immune to bleed in MCOC, but in the comics he's also immune to bullets, kicks, flamethrowers, punches, grenades, swords, explosions, and most of the laws of physics. Artistic choice governs how these characters are translated into the game, and size is one of those things the artist has some influence over.

All Marvel creators do this, not just game designers but also comic book writers, comic book artists, and all other Marvel creators. Look at Kingpin. Sometimes he is just a large but otherwise normal man. Sometimes he is a gigantic human. And in Into the Spiderverse he is an inhuman monstrosity. The MCOC champion designers make the same artistic choices when it comes to the champions in the game.
  • Options

He’s just a lil guy

I can only dream of one day posting a mic drop like that.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    @ADDIS0N , we see you are a skilled practitioner of Comic Book Deep Cut Fu. Respect.
  • Options
    ADDIS0N said:

Sienkiewicz is known for his highly stylized, sometimes surrealistic style using messy paints and mixed medium … which was insane back when it came out in the 80’s.

I was a big fan of Sienkiewicz back in the day myself. I'm not a big fan of overly stylized artwork in general, but BC and Mike Mignola were two of my favorite comic book artists in the 80s and early 90s.
  • Options
    ADDIS0N said:

Bernie Wrightson is probably my all-time favorite comic artist/illustrator. His pen and ink work on Frankenstein is unmatched.

It is hard to name a favorite, but once upon a time I went to Comicon in 1991 (or 1992, its been a while) and I saw a table of artwork that was just ridiculously beautiful. Pages and pages of it, with no lettering. It turned out to be Charles Vess showing samples of what would eventually become Spiderman: Spirits of the Earth, almost completed. The fact I got to see Spirits of the Earth's artwork before thought bubbles and narration lettering were slapped on it is one of the great memories I have of comic book art.

Of course, if you want Charles Vess to do your book, you'll release one issue per decade, so that's unfortunately somewhat impractical.

Vess and Wrightson are very different artists, but sometimes you can see a bit of gothic overlap between them: