**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A.I. Specials

BReallionaire1BReallionaire1 Posts: 7
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
Hey serious question. Has anyone else experienced the AI launching specials before they finish getting up or right as you hit the button to use one of your own? Happens to me almost every other fight and has been that way since this month's current EQ update took place. It's costed me plenty of units/revives/potions. It consistently happens every other fight. I thought it was just me but I reached out to all of my alliance members and most of them confirmed that they too are having this issue with the same frequency. (I cross posted this to the bugs/known issues because I'm not sure if this belongs here or there)

Comments

• Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 779 ★★★

• Options
    legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★

AI recovery got ramped up in the last update

How dare you notice these things
  • Options
    UrmylilbitzUrmylilbitz Posts: 22
    They also throw specials in the middle of my combo or while they are supposed to be stunned with a stun timer going.
  • Options
    Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    I've had AI throw a special while still on the ground
  • Options
    GKnightGKnight Posts: 17
    I've had the AI be crazy passive, and refuse to throw specials even after getting backed into the corner, then when u least expect it, BAM, I also really can't stand the increase in difficulty for the side quest, Lv. 4 should be doable with half ass skill, but 200k health is a little nuts!
  • Options
    Smokely7Smokely7 Posts: 174 ★★
    ADDIS0N said:

It’s pretty much suicide to attempt to punish heavy attacks if the defender has 1+ bars of power anymore.

Add to that the obvious increase in time it now takes to bait specials … ESPECIALLY when the AI is obviously stalling to let important timers, buffs or debuffs expire … and the fun isn’t there.

It doesn’t even really increase difficulty once you get the hang of it … all it does is makes the fights more frustrating and last longer, which just pisses all over an enjoyable gaming experience.

It really is terrible and needs to be adjusted back.

I mean if this isn't 100% truth, I don't know what is true anymore. Hopefully kabam read this and take this into consideration.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax can you pass this along. Obviously I don't know the entire player base but I'd assume a significant amount feel this way.
  • Options
    Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    edited March 2023
    Definitely have noticed some ridiculous AI behaviors recently. AI is suddenly able to Parry & block special attacks like never before or launch specials in impossible situations. I also experience the AI throwing it’s special attack when I hit the button to hit mine a lot like you’re saying. I’ll hit the SP button super fast in different scenarios and recently 25-50% of the time the AI launches their special attack first!?
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★

In addition to the above mentioned stuff. I keep having the AI block my special I chain off a combo.

This happens to me loads, my timing is spot on, but this ramped up AI blocks specials after a combo.
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    Kabam AI is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.