**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Viv situtation.....

2»

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Free speech is not a concept that applies to a public forum such as this. We have the freedom to share whatever we like, relating to the game, provided it falls in line with the rules here.
    It's not a total freedom, which I'm grateful for. I'd hate to see this place turn into Twitter lately. Lol.

It's bad as it is
  • ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★
    I'd say it's a glitch/placeholder till she actually gets released. One value being tremendously awful, I'd maybe buy, but all of em? Still'd be nice if @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Zibiit could shed some light on this.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,803 Guardian
    edited March 2023

Graves_3 said:

She ain’t event out yet for everyone to use.

I think OP made it clear that they will wait till she is released before fully judging her.
    Yup read that, also read from someone in this thread she is too shelf and overrated already,
    Emilia90 said:

I heard on YouTube she was top shelf

I knew she was overrated

She isn’t even out yet. People in this community are always so quick to lean one way or another
    Y'all are entitled to your own opinion just as I am to mine.

Get outta here with your hate on free speech.
    lmao when i read this nonsense i really laughed out loud.
    Stop hating on our free speech to hate your opinion.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,958 ★★★★★

I'd say it's a glitch/placeholder till she actually gets released. One value being tremendously awful, I'd maybe buy, but all of em? Still'd be nice if @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Zibiit could shed some light on this.

Why would she be the only champ they do that for? Why wouldn't kate Bishop be the same?

Why would she be the only champ they do that for? Why wouldn't kate Bishop be the same?
    Wong was changed/glitched etc.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,958 ★★★★★

Sure, but it wasn't a "placeholder" for his real stats. A glitch I can understand but a placeholder, no.

Sure, but it wasn't a "placeholder" for his real stats. A glitch I can understand but a placeholder, no.
    It might have had a placeholder at some point. Maybe they forgot to swap it. It's not outside the realm of possibility.
    Ackbar67 said:

you don't bring a Mystic to a Torch fight

Unrelated to the thread, but my favorite example of this will forever be when there was the collaboration with that youtube show, I think it was about wrestling? Anyway, they were trying to beat the quest they helped designed and one of them brought doom into their torch fight and it went exactly how you'd expect

Yeah I remember that.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Hey all,

Viv's stats are not placeholder, and they are not a bug, but before you make up your mind on her, you should really see her in action! That might change your mind, or it might not, but at least you'll be basing your opinion off of the whole picture!

As a general rule, if a stat is low, you probably won't be using it much.

From our designer: "Viv can avoid all damage from Blocks, and can effectively Parry in almost any situation. She's also immune to Bleed and Poison, so her low HP is pretty well protected by her Armor, which can get pretty high when she has 15 stacks of it! I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think her armor rating as a 6r5 is like ~2800."

CCP videos will be out soon, and if early reviews are any indication, I think she will have her fans!

I really hope so because the one thing about this game? It forces you to play champs in unconventional ways.

There's lots of nodes that force you to parry or block without parry. I imagine we'll see more in 8.2.

But I'm holding off on final conclusions till we get her.
  • OrtounOrtoun Posts: 550 ★★★

Viv has a whopping 10% block proficiency officially being the worst in the game by miles with modok in 2nd with 28% and Viv also has the 10th lowest health pool in the game! And as a cherry on top 4.5 crit rate.. basically she has the worst stats in the game and I get that it was kabams way of balancing her with her phasing and all, but that phase can easily be countered by ability accuracy reduction and other miss counters and one mistake and your gonna be dead due to her low health pool and the fact that you can't really block with her or else your dead could make her either a very high skill champ or just flat out unplayable, I'm gonna wait till she's fully out to completely judge her but still this is very worrying for what otherwise seems like an great addition to the game.

The numbers don't look brilliant, but they're there to provide risk and balance to her Playstyle.

Quake could have the lowest block proficiency in the game and it wouldn't matter: she doesn't need to block.

Viv is designed to do the same: Don't block at all: Phase and counter. High skill/high reward.

Ability Accuracy can shut it down? The phase has a base chance to trigger of 125%, making it safe against folk like Domino. And if they're better at reducing Ability accuracy than that: just don't use Viv for that fight.

And the Miss counters? Again: why on Earth would you take her into a fight against someone who countered Miss?

Let's compare her to Quake again: she's built around her Evasion ability when the opponent is concussed.
    Would you try and use Quake to fight Mole Man, Night Thrasher, Iron Man IW or Stryfe? Their medium attacks can't be Evaded. Personally, I'd just pick a different fight. Maybe use Viv...
    I don't usually quote and do the "This!" thing, but... THIS! Viv is not going to a Champ without Counters, but that's a good thing! She'll shine in some places, and not as much in others. You don't bring a knife to a gunfight, you don't bring a Mystic to a Torch fight, and you don't bring Viv to a True Strike fight.
    Absorbing man in magma form actually is a fairly decent torch counter, but yeah, as a general rule...
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★

Viv has a whopping 10% block proficiency officially being the worst in the game by miles with modok in 2nd with 28% and Viv also has the 10th lowest health pool in the game! And as a cherry on top 4.5 crit rate.. basically she has the worst stats in the game and I get that it was kabams way of balancing her with her phasing and all, but that phase can easily be countered by ability accuracy reduction and other miss counters and one mistake and your gonna be dead due to her low health pool and the fact that you can't really block with her or else your dead could make her either a very high skill champ or just flat out unplayable, I'm gonna wait till she's fully out to completely judge her but still this is very worrying for what otherwise seems like an great addition to the game.

The numbers don't look brilliant, but they're there to provide risk and balance to her Playstyle.

Quake could have the lowest block proficiency in the game and it wouldn't matter: she doesn't need to block.

Viv is designed to do the same: Don't block at all: Phase and counter. High skill/high reward.

Ability Accuracy can shut it down? The phase has a base chance to trigger of 125%, making it safe against folk like Domino. And if they're better at reducing Ability accuracy than that: just don't use Viv for that fight.

And the Miss counters? Again: why on Earth would you take her into a fight against someone who countered Miss?

Let's compare her to Quake again: she's built around her Evasion ability when the opponent is concussed.
    Would you try and use Quake to fight Mole Man, Night Thrasher, Iron Man IW or Stryfe? Their medium attacks can't be Evaded. Personally, I'd just pick a different fight. Maybe use Viv...
    I don't usually quote and do the "This!" thing, but... THIS! Viv is not going to a Champ without Counters, but that's a good thing! She'll shine in some places, and not as much in others. You don't bring a knife to a gunfight, you don't bring a Mystic to a Torch fight, and you don't bring Viv to a True Strike fight.
    True Strike? I didnt know viv could evade. I thought she phased
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    True strike also ignores armor, so I assume he meant that her 16 armor ups won't help her in that case
  • Beewee said:

True Strike? I didnt know viv could evade. I thought she phased
    She evades with a synergy
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★

Hey all,

Viv's stats are not placeholder, and they are not a bug, but before you make up your mind on her, you should really see her in action! That might change your mind, or it might not, but at least you'll be basing your opinion off of the whole picture!

From our designer: "Viv can avoid all damage from Blocks, and can effectively Parry in almost any situation. She's also immune to Bleed and Poison, so her low HP is pretty well protected by her Armor, which can get pretty high when she has 15 stacks of it! I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think her armor rating as a 6r5 is like ~2800."

CCP videos will be out soon, and if early reviews are any indication, I think she will have her fans!

What about against champions with specials that are difficult to dex? It'll be like getting hit in the face constantly. So add that to the list of fights you cannot bring her against I suppose.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    I strongly suspect that there is a reason for why her stats are the way they are. Kabam wants to make good champions that people are excited to hunt for, and they wouldn't just dump her stats into the abyss for no good reason. Her low block proficiency probably just means that she won't ever have to block if played right. Her low health probably means that you won't ever get hit (even in the block) if played right.

Let's take a step back and have her come out before we jump to any needless conclusions.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    So Like "does it take Glock Mags"

"Yeah, but can Mags shut her down"?
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★

Hey all,

Figured I'd try ... mind gifting me one to try?? :):D #porfavor
  • ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★
    Another thing is that 5* doesn't seem to have the pre fight synergy. is that a bug at least?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I strongly suspect that there is a reason for why her stats are the way they are. Kabam wants to make good champions that people are excited to hunt for, and they wouldn't just dump her stats into the abyss for no good reason. Her low block proficiency probably just means that she won't ever have to block if played right. Her low health probably means that you won't ever get hit (even in the block) if played right.

Let's take a step back and have her come out before we jump to any needless conclusions.

People always compare stats without thinking of the playstyle and assume it's supposed to be the same as Doom or something and we need to break that habit.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    I never pay attention to stats on champion spotlights. I never knew that Modok had among the lowest block proficiency. This never affected my use of the champions.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Could this be the new "Apoc is a dud" thread?
  • Pin_the_AvengerPGT17Pin_the_AvengerPGT17 Posts: 333 ★★
    I'd definitely say her stats suck, but I have some confidence because of the stats of one specifica champ that is really good. that champ I'm referring to is Wiccan as he has low health pool, and I'm sure there are some other stats that're lackluster.

DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!!!