Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

How hard is the Gwenmaster boss ?

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips
So far it has been pretty smooth sailing but she seems intimidating . Is she very difficult? Want to know how much time and concentration I will need to devote to her
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    I only struggled a lot with her first phase because I didn't have a reverse controls immune champ. Other than that the other phases are pretty straightforward and easy. Just read through her abilities and watch a few videos and shouldn't be too hard to get her down.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    You need to complete challenges within a set time, so very often it depends on whether she wants to play ball or not.
    I honestly can't imagine having to do it now with the AI and inputs as they are. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,348 ★★★★★
    First phase- get her 4 prowess, dash back once mid combo and hold block, watch her use special attack, and dodge only last hit.
    Second phase/third phase- keep hitting opponent and frequently intercept. Avoid punishing specials during this phase for some time when passive abilities are active.
    Cosmic phase- stay far, try intercepting sometimes to pause timer, and knock opponent down with 10 armour breaks
    Tech phase-doom works well. Heavies or block breaks required only. Don't punish specials
    Mystic phase- easiest phase, knock opponent with heavy, then sp1, sp2 and sp3, this is only my recommendation not necessary to knock down in this order
    This was a short quick quide to gwenmaster boss, hope it helps
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    My first run I thought she was almost as hard as GM. I went back and used that juiced path and just chipped her down.

On exploration, I had to learn the phases. First couple fights were hard and by the last fight I was kind of sad I didn’t get to do the fight again. It was becoming fun.

The turning point for me was to find the phases that gave me trouble and bring specific counters for those phases. For example, I’m terrible at reverse controls. So I brought both Prof X and Mister Sinister (6r1). They helped me clear that phase much easier.
  • Options
    StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 230 ★★
    This fight was a monster for me mainly because I didn't have a reverse control immune champion. I died too many times to her first phase lol.

Other than that her fight was remarkably simple, as 90% of the phases come down to "damage her a whole bunch before the timer runs out." Once I beat the Emma phase, I made it from there to the Aarkus phase in one run. Be sure you read the descriptors of each phase before you enter the fight so you don't get surprised.

Personally Stealthy was mvp for this fight, he did most of the phases pretty easily. Other than that I would recommend a reverse control immune champion for the first phase. A power control champ like Doom or whatever helps for the Aarkus phase, but it isn't strictly necessary. You can honestly bring whoever in as long as you understand the phases.

Also, I hope you're good at intercepting. That's the only way to pause the timer before you get dealt wacky damage.

Overall not too bad, but screw that first phase lol. Good luck, and hope you have fun.
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Just a quick tip, Juggernaut was amazing for the fight (if you have him)

Used him when I was 100%ing the quest and his unstoppable helped me quickly recover when I made a mistake intercepting, and Intercepting is a massive part of the fight since it pauses her phase timer. His reverse control immunity is also pretty useful for the Emma frost phase. Good luck!
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    A little hard, as a boss should be but not impossible.

You won't feel helpless like most do against the Grandmaster.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 692 ★★★★
    Once you get a feel for how each phase works, it's actually fun. I used a 5* Herc with the Hela/Angela synergy, which gave me buffers if I made a mistake. Look up the phases ahead of time to understand them, then intercept and punish specials/heavies like crazy
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 826 ★★★
    I thought this was one of the more fun boss fights. I enjoyed it, but I also have a high Angela for the path and a high pfx for the boss