Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Battlegrounds may be PVP but they aren't (yet) competitive

First off, I love Battlegrounds, especially friendlies. It's the best thing to happen to the game in years.

But this season Battlegrounds has had a shocking number of modders and a crazy amount of matchmaking manipulation, all throughout the top ranks of the gladiator circuit, but especially the top of the top. Barely any of the top 10 accounts got there by fair means. Not to mention account sharing which, as all the top players know, is extremely common too. All of this just undermines the notion that it can stand as a competitive game mode.

Clean and legitimate players at this point just find it tiring and depressing. I hope Kabam take our concerns seriously and don't just remove modders throughout the season, but take an in-depth look at all of it, and punish accordingly. Right now, everyone who cheats knows they can get away with it. Let's change that.

Comments

• Options
    noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    We will never see a #1 rank player account that has not spent money.

I get that they need to get revenue from the game but it makes the game mode far from being a fair competition on equal grounds. Rich players will make their rosters grow exponentially every month.

I have accepted that there can not be FAIR competitive battleground as long as champion ranks is a variable

However they do need to improve how they punish cheaters/modders and priortize bug fixing. A 'HALL OF SHAME' leaderboard would be an amazing idea where we can search the players who are banned along with the reason for ban.
    It can also act like a trust factor to determine matchmaking.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    As much as you think that would be a good thing, I suspect there will never be a "Cheater Leaderboard".
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★

There's a known youtuber, currently in top rankings of Battlegrounds, who is posting all the possible modders and simultaneously raising tickets for the same.
    I think that youtuber is doing a fantastic job.
    Recently that youtuber posted against a member of a high ranking alliance who's action was scrupulous. That member has been kicked from the alliance after that youtuber exposed him.
    But nothing has been heard from Kabam yet!
    And not in this case but from other case too.
    I think and I feel that youtuber is doing a better job exposing the modders.

Is this YTer proving they are modders are that he or she suspects they are?

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    MrMac1 said:

Barely any of the top 10 accounts got there by fair means.

Not saying you are wrong, but how do you know this? I don't even see the leaderboard in game.

• Options
    LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
    What's the most frustrating is that modder removal from the leaderboard doesn't fully fix the problem. For example, I lost to a modder today that dropped me from the top of Quantium I to the bottom. If I had won that match, I would be in Mysterium III. But I'm not going to get the extra rewards because that's not where I finished.

People who lose to modders are put in a worse place on the leaderboard than they might have been. They alter the "proper" ranking of players who they match, but not those they don't match. Because of this asymmetry, it creates unfair imbalances in rankings.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    I would like Kabam to be a lil more transparent about the actions taken.. no need to post names cause that goes against their rules...
    I want to know what goes along the 7-30 day ban...
    Are they taking them off the leaderboard along with rewards? Are they taking their alliance rewards too? Are they stripping all the rewards they got thru the season until being detected?...
    Are they taking every piece of reward? Cause we can't be naive enough to think . "oh he is only cheating in BGs"..
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★

There's a known youtuber, currently in top rankings of Battlegrounds, who is posting all the possible modders and simultaneously raising tickets for the same.
    Recently that youtuber posted against a member of a high ranking alliance who's action was scrupulous. That member has been kicked from the alliance after that youtuber exposed him.

Beroman?
  • Options
    Amanda_CruzeAmanda_Cruze Posts: 67

Beroman?
    I will neither confirm nor deny @Marvelfan30
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★

Beroman?
    I will neither confirm nor deny @Marvelfan30
    Cool
  • Options
    MrMac1MrMac1 Posts: 16

MrMac1 said:

Barely any of the top 10 accounts got there by fair means.

Not saying you are wrong, but how do you know this? I don't even see the leaderboard in game.

Short answer is that we don't know it, but it seems likely.

The leaderboard is down now that the season has finished, but the group of players habitually in the top 200 or so strongly suspects that there are several players in the top 10 manipulating matchmaking. We believe this because we match them very rarely, and we've even spoken to some and they refuse to share their match history. Presumably they control the modder accounts and use them to win. Some people have even watched the leaderboards and when these players' scores rise, certain modder accounts go down. Several of the questionable accounts are also from certain alliances who are infamous for dodgy practises elsewhere in the game.

So, there can be no proof, but it seems very likely. Within the top 100, everyone plays each other all the time. So it's strongly suspicious if there's a group of players who we basically never match.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I got UpTo Gamma 2 which isn't much, but even then I faced around 3 or 4 modders, which will affect my final rank.

I don't care what kabam wants to do to cheaters but once they identify them, they need to fix the ranking for every player those cheaters played against.

Why should someone be punished for lack of tools to stop cheating. I want the rewards that I deserve and the resources lost to cheaters.
  • Options
    VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★
    Was in a big youtuber stream last night after the season ended and what I heard was that in the last hour, this youtuber who’s in celestial 5 was trying to match make had his match declined like 15 times. Same with a few other celestials.

The running theory is that someone in the much higher rankings were using their accounts or possibly modded accounts to matchmake others and purposely declining their matches to stall time so they wouldn’t gain further points to climb the ranks

There’s so much shady stuff going on with this mode that it’s actually sad that a small group of players are absolutely violating this game mode with their BS tactics
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    Vydra said:

Was in a big youtuber stream last night after the season ended and what I heard was that in the last hour, this youtuber who’s in celestial 5 was trying to match make had his match declined like 15 times. Same with a few other celestials.

The running theory is that someone in the much higher rankings were using their accounts or possibly modded accounts to matchmake others and purposely declining their matches to stall time so they wouldn’t gain further points to climb the ranks

There’s so much shady stuff going on with this mode that it’s actually sad that a small group of players are absolutely violating this game mode with their BS tactics

More likely people were trying to match themselves. Everyone trying to get in one last match around the same time, made that difficult for them. And as I byproduct many people were delayed getting matches.

But there is no excuse. If they mod they should be banned from BG and AW.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    In theory it should be easy to catch modders in week4 of this last season of BGs as well. There are many, many screenshots of modders that have the 'biggest hit' recorded as exceeding the 1% threshold set by the rage node. Would love to see Kabam use this metric as a way to ban the modders that bypassed these nodes (including some notorious modders that have been slipping through for multiple seasons now).