Spider-Man buff updates
Chovner Posts: 955 ★★★★★
Since last month's (mostly) disappointing reveal of the OG Spider-Man buff I don't believe we've seen any updates to changes being made as a result from initial feedback. Do you think we'll be seeing a Rev.2 of the planned buff soon?
I hope they would change him because champions that are all utility aren't the most fun to play. Like sure you counter a lot of things, but your fights are all 8 minutes long. At that point just use herc.
Even his utility wasn’t all that. It took 5 special 1s just to get above 100% debilitate and without the dupe you couldn’t even stack the debuffs. Pretty mediocre, I’d rather use antivenom or any slow champion
Overall I would say the current buff program is hit or miss
But we also need realistic expectations. These aren't intended to become the new game-breaking champions of the future. They're meant to make older champions playable, and fun.
Personally I think they're hitting that mark more often than they miss. Let's look at the recent ones:
I could go back further - Yellowjacket, War machine, Angela, Bishop, Diablo, Kingpin, Black Panther. Sure there are a few 'wtf' changes like Psycho-man, Nova and DPX. But on the whole, these buffs are making pretty rubbish champs into useable ones.
- Hulk - hits much better, much more fun to use. Hulk Smash now!
- Rocket - far more utility, still hits pretty hard, fun to use and really good in PVP fights when opponents have Willpower
- IMIW - less stressful to play, less risk of debuffs falling off, but otherwise not much change
- Ant-Man - vastly more utility, immunities and better damage (I mean really, what else could you ask for from a buff?)
- Juggernaut - more utility, much better damage, much more fun to play
- Jane Foster - a bit better. Not much.
- Deadpool X-Force - not good, but arguably less rubbish than he was before. At least he does stuff, and can be entertaining to play with.
- Yondu - criminally underrated as a low-rent Nimrod as if that was a bad thing! Better utility and better damage.
- Storm - Hits like a ton of bricks; really solid defender, and some utility, even if a lot of it is with synergies
- Mordo - hits harder; buffs last longer. Also underrated for buff-heavy matches - used my 6r1 Mordo to get past 51kPi Gorr in TB EQ yesterday, and annihilated him...
Spider-Man is currently virtually useless - let's hold onto hope he'll become useful 🙂.