Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    Patrick44 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Thank you for your feedback, we are reading every comment. Please keep your messages constructive; most of you have so far, thank you for that.

Based on the feedback in this thread, we have started internal discussions around adjusting revive/potion inventory caps. This is not a guaranteed change, but is what is most prominently being discussed.

These conversations will continue to take place behind the scenes and could grow to include other potential adjustments as well.

We will use this thread to provide updates if/when we have news to share.

Or just don’t change anything and recant the announcement. Your customers are very upset
    Not to be that guy, but you mean the customers who aren't paying and are farming? Lol. I get what you're saying, though. Had to say it.
  • MinsudoMinsudo Member Posts: 37
    Zan0 said:

Minsudo said:

Don't change something that isn't broken. No one asked for this kind of change and we all know why you decided this and it most certainly isn't for the players' benefit.

It’s literally not beneficial for anyone, it’s detrimental for both kabam and the player base
    Hmm, I'm kinda curious, how is it detrimental for the playerbase?
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    I'm

It’s unbelievable that kabam continues to make decisions that widen the gap between “free to play” and “pay to win” accounts. The whole argument of new end game content becoming devalued because you can farm revives is horrendously obtuse. Free to play players rely on this system of farming to even attempt content. I understand the argument kabam wants to relay to us, that the “loophole” of auto farming makes difficult content easier due to spamming revives at the fight… BUT GUESS WHAT… that happens regardless.. they are simply upset that we aren’t PAYING for them. That’s where my problem stems from.

I understand that if kabam doesn’t make money, the game dies with them. I spend money on OFFERS, but units for the use of content. This is just another attempt of them continuing to dissolve any advantage that players have. They spoke about the same issues regarding BG when players were upset about the token costs and how kabam spoke about how players can BUY tokens in the store. If our unit usage continues to grow on these baseless items that have been easily obtained in the past, only to be “nerfed” due to “loopholes” and “exploits”, or “unfairness” to the content.

Removing the ability to CONSISTENTLY farm these revives from say dozens a day to only 2 GUARANTEED per day( 1 from objectives, 1 from quest) then WE ARE SCREWED. If this is implemented, I would be confident to bet that the MCOC community will depreciate even more than it already has in the past year.

Side note- I just ran path 5 of AOL a few weeks back and it took me 150 revives that I farmed from 3.2.6 AS WELL AS 700 units. How can we be expected to do “end game content” when it takes MONTHS to farm enough revives.

I offer no solution to this “revive problem” because this isn’t a problem at all. The problem is kabams overly controlling nature of their behaviour to push down free to play players and limit their abilities to do content. If they want more money they can simply craft better offers that attract more spending.

So why is F2P and "Pay to win"... Cause trust me on this ..the so called "Pay to win" actually don't spend much on revives... Do we get to call u "Free to abuse and win"?...
    Just to make sure I am not supporting this change... It feels awful, the direction this is going is really bad; but really F2P vs P2W?....
    Odachi said:

You can spend your time harvesting unlimited units from battlechips in the arena to do content. is that a “loophole” that’s going to be closed down in future too to prevent me progressing in the game like these revives farmers?

That's not the same really. We saw the same thing happen when people were milking lower content for the guaranteed Rev.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Onurre2 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Thank you for your feedback, we are reading every comment. Please keep your messages constructive; most of you have so far, thank you for that.

Based on the feedback in this thread, we have started internal discussions around adjusting revive/potion inventory caps. This is not a guaranteed change, but is what is most prominently being discussed.

These conversations will continue to take place behind the scenes and could grow to include other potential adjustments as well.

and so the bargain I was talking about earlier may/may not/if/when/or/what/how/who... begins...
    That's not even a bargain unless they make it 4x what is right now... And they won't increase it by much because of the simple reason that they were clear.. They dont want u to hoard and face intercept content.

Patrick44 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Or just don’t change anything and recant the announcement. Your customers are very upset
    Not to be that guy, but you mean the customers who aren't paying and are farming? Lol. I get what you're saying, though. Had to say it.
    Yes, clearly everyone who has ever farmed a revive has never spent a dime in the game. Brilliant insight….
    It was a joke.
This discussion has been closed.