Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• JornJorn Member Posts: 23
    And dont forget the typical kabam move:

-Lets make a thread, make player mad and close it.
    - dont ever react on their posts and never ever listen to the players opinion

• gameinggameing Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone confirm that the quest has been updated already?
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Member Posts: 374 ★★

I mean it does make sense to do this. We saw a lot of end game payers farm revives for a week and breeze through the EOP carinas in a day. That was not what was intended for the release of that content, and I do understand that.

What makes NO SENSE at all is removing the auto fight function of these quests. Why force us to mindlessly do what I'm guessing is 6-10 fights when we will be using r3 and r4 6* to do so. It just seems like a cheap deterrent method from Kabam to make us use units. If we can auto fight all levels of EQ if we so wish, which contain quite a bit of units and other resources, why force us to do these quests without the auto fight option.

Nothing makes sense here my friend. if the first statement makes sense, then the second basically makes sense too. please get your facts straight and right.
  • ZumsicZumsic Member Posts: 15
    Lets just call it for what it is...GREED! Don`t farm, just spend is Kabam`s moto...really sad :(
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Member Posts: 225 ★★★
    I guess this takes the heat off the weird AI Sp3 bug for a little while…

Truly awful change in that they aren’t offering any kind of genuine compromise at all. While I think most players understand the argument that players can blaze through content with 100+ revives but unless I’ve read the post wrong they aren’t actually addressing that issue? I can still blaze through content with 100+ I just have to pay extra to do so? So it’s a black and white cash grab by the executives who clearly are trying all avenues to turn the financials of the company around.

Honestly I don’t understand why kabam don’t take inspiration from other games out there… before entering certain end tier content throw up an interface after you pick your team to pick your supplies and you can limit the amount of potions, revives and even boosts if you wanted to.

• Gildarts99Gildarts99 Member Posts: 374 ★★
    _Pez_ said:

They do seem to be doing their best to just anger everyone these days....

Maybe, before making revives harder to get they could fix many of the bugs that cause people to need to use more revives than they should. Just a thought, but maybe people would be more amenable to this if it wasn't coming at a time where high end content, that relies on the game working properly to do but isn't, is being released.

The revives mean people can brute force new content but it comes at a cost of using their energy for it which means can't do other content....

_Pez_ said:

They do seem to be doing their best to just anger everyone these days....

Maybe, before making revives harder to get they could fix many of the bugs that cause people to need to use more revives than they should. Just a thought, but maybe people would be more amenable to this if it wasn't coming at a time where high end content, that relies on the game working properly to do but isn't, is being released.

The revives mean people can brute force new content but it comes at a cost of using their energy for it which means can't do other content....

exactly. The funny thing is they are able to come up with the stupidest solutions and fast, to things that benefit the player base. oh, wait why don't you solve all the numerous bugs affecting the player base before even thinking of coming up with this BS idea?
  • Palatinus3Palatinus3 Member Posts: 18
    This news really blow the entire community (
    People quickly start to sale their accounts, i saw a lot activity in “those” groups
    Who is responsible for that decision... what were they thinking...
    I hope they find “real” compromise
  • ApocryphalKingApocryphalKing Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2023
    Can we at least get percent based health potions? I'm using champs that are 100k+ health pools so the current ones do basically nothing. Also maybe more than one guaranteed revive in your new energy taking quest for only 1 revive. If you want new players in the game and keep the veterans lower the energy rates on some of the side content. More players will leave on this update✌️
  • LeanbisonLeanbison Member Posts: 130 ★★
    Our revive farming was interfering in their cash farming so it has to go.
  • GigaChad20GigaChad20 Member Posts: 1
    Lol the games in arguably the worst state it’s ever been in with modders in BG, game input issues and arena bots and they decide to remove revive farming🥱, Kabam doing there best to make everyone quit playing
  • Chris_ThisChris_This Member Posts: 40
    Using revives is not "brute forcing" our way through content. Sometimes it is the only way to get through content. Unless we are MSD god-like and can complete Gauntlet itemless, the overwhelming majority of us players need to use a lot revives for endgame content which has increased in difficulty and the occasional bs node combos. If we can only carry so much in inventory and stash, we are essentially stuck having to either quit quests with sunken costs of resources already spent or pay for units and revives.

In short, we understand why it is happening and we dont see it the same way you do Kabam. While it is likely you know enough that it would upset the community, you are completely out of touch with the playerbase from the new players to the old time veterans. The massive amount of input issues forces many of us to use lots of revives and now we might have to resort to buying units to buy revives because of unfixed issues that persist and seemingly get worse update after update? At least it was a very thinly veiled attempt to hide their actual reason for the nerf.

You've made a few great changes in QOL and certain rewards payouts. This walks back a lot of the good will you built in the recent years and totally destroys our faith in both you and the direction of this game.
  • Banhammer_steBanhammer_ste Member Posts: 62
    I can kind of see kabams point but then they are creating content that even very very skilled players will need to use a lot of revives to clear.

I'm not sure many peoples spending will go up because of this. It would just mean spending to clear content instead of spending on fun stuff which will turn people off the game for sure.

I think increasing the inventory caps by a healthy chunk say 50-100% and increasing the daily farm to 4/5/6 would maybe be an acceptable compromise. It'll stop big content being cleared in a couple of days but would still allow enough revives to be farmed to clear in a reasonable time frame.
  • PHILLYB781MAPHILLYB781MA Member Posts: 41
    The timing of this is something else. So let’s do some math, 1 revive a day, each Carina Vol 3 Challenge takes 100+ revives, 600 revives, so I’ll have all 6 Challenges done in 2025! Yippee!! ( Sarcasm )
    Why not at least give us Halls of Healing 6days a week Kascam, opps! Sorry, I mean Kabam 😝
  • Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Member Posts: 329 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    Jorn said:

And dont forget the typical kabam move:

-Lets make a thread, make player mad and close it.
    - dont ever react on their posts and never ever listen to the players opinion

And sweep all their issues under the rug
  • Banhammer_steBanhammer_ste Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2023
    I'm gonna add as well that kabam need to figure out a better balance than what has been proposed so far.

Things like carinas challenges might as well be marked as for big spenders only. By the time any regular player had farmed enough revives the rewards would be so out of date it wouldn't be worth doing.

Also turning off autoplay just seems pointlessly punishing. Especially as they've been doing quite well with QOL recently.

This needs to be an exercise in milking the whales who desperately want to clear content extremely quickly but without punishing regular players too much. I mean I'm a decent spender, I've spent 1000's on this silly game over the years but the current proposal would end up making high end content cost more than I could stomach.

• rischiorischio Member Posts: 163

The timing of this is something else. So let’s do some math, 1 revive a day, each Carina Vol 3 Challenge takes 100+ revives, 600 revives, so I’ll have all 6 Challenges done in 2025! Yippee!! ( Sarcasm )
    Why not at least give us Halls of Healing 6days a week Kascam, opps! Sorry, I mean Kabam 😝

if you need 100+ revives per run you are not ready for the content.
  • LemonloafLemonloaf Member Posts: 117

Common Kabam L

Thanks for the level 1 team pot. (which you currently don't sell, so I can't even check how little health it restores)

It restores 375 health 😃
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    In the post, Kabam talks about players making hard content easier by throwing revives at it. While it is true to some extent, there is no mention of one thing:

We have to spend revives to recover from their faulty designs.

I have spent countless revives to recover from stuff that just wasn't fair. SP mid combo, block mid combo, my SP not connecting, abilities not working etc.

In a way I understand why they want to restrict this revive farming. I don't like it, but it partly makes sense. However, if you drastically reduce the amount of tevives available, you also drastically increase the impact of all the bugs present in the game. And THAT is a game-changer.

I chose to write this in a separate post to increase the chance of Kabam noticing, because I feel like this seriously needs attention. I don't even ask for my revives back anymore, even tho I had to spend thousands of units worth of revives to patch up KOs, that weren't my mistake at all.
  • LemonloafLemonloaf Member Posts: 117
    One revive per 48 energy seems like a good deal no? I mean at least make it two or three, not to mention lower lvl player like uc or newly cav will probably have to actually make effort to clear this. Instead of making it so you could buy lvl1 revives with glory, loyalty and even units NO you get one revive per 48 energy
This discussion has been closed.