**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How do I get better crystal luck

KonkeyKonkey Posts: 4
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips
I know that this is most probably not the best question to ask but in my last few 6* crystals I've gotten Winter Soldier, Yellow Jacket, Iron Fist, Thor, Psycho-man and Ant-Man, with Ant-Man coming out of a 6* featured. They say that every champion has the same drop rates but there's no way I've been shafted like this and will continue to believe them. The game does not feel fun anymore, all the friends I know have been getting champs that are respectively the best in their classes, but I continue to get the worst champs in the game. How do I get better champs out of my crystals?
Post edited by Kabam Spice on

Comments

• Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    You pray to RNGsus. But honostly 6 none god tier pulls is not that terrible. Just look at the list of champs you really really want. And put that next to the list with champs you mentioned. That list is far far larger thus you are way more likely to get champs from that side.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,684 ★★★★★
    Use all your class cats and T5B/T2A on the 5* then watch your 6* luck improve for the same champ.

At least, that's how it seems to work for me.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    The only advice I have is just keep opening. It took 50+ 6 stars for me to get a champ I was excited about. Not that every pull was garbage but my best openings were for 5 stars I already had maxed out. For a few months I started hating my account as alliance mates would just randomly pull Doom, etc., while I got some meme tier champ. Then the floodgates opened.

So what I would do in these side quest stores is prioritize shards above all else. Grind content for shards. I didn’t see the point of stocking up other resources that I had no immediate use for…and looking back I don’t regret that decision. Get shards and open crystals… some top tier champs will show up eventually.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★
    You have to sacrifice a virgin, under new moon, at the summit of highest mountain nearby.
  • Options
    ElMelloiElMelloi Posts: 101
    sacrifices
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★

The only advice I have is just keep opening. It took 50+ 6 stars for me to get a champ I was excited about. Not that every pull was garbage but my best openings were for 5 stars I already had maxed out. For a few months I started hating my account as alliance mates would just randomly pull Doom, etc., while I got some meme tier champ. Then the floodgates opened.

So what I would do in these side quest stores is prioritize shards above all else. Grind content for shards. I didn’t see the point of stocking up other resources that I had no immediate use for…and looking back I don’t regret that decision. Get shards and open crystals… some top tier champs will show up eventually.

One more thing I did:

Pop all crystals. Not that it gives you better luck (it doesn’t) it just turns off the anticipation and the “oh I was SOOO CLOSE to x champ!” No you weren’t. Don’t torture yourself on the fake reel.

Band aid approach - eventually you will pop one, get a champ you want, and be just as happy.
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 422 ★★
    Alright, heres what you do, delete and reinstall the game, if that doesnt work then contact support
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    Listen bro..I feel you.
    I have the most absolute trash luck.
    Mostly it's down to you having a bad luck or extended periods of odds not being in your favor.
    Make someone else open the crystals for you.
    This is one strategy that can work.
    Option 2 : use ancient gypsy magic as shown in the peaky blinders to remove any curses on you.
    Option 3 : patience. This one stings.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Try this

Up
    Down
    Up
    Down
    Left
    Right
    Left
    right
    B
    A
    Select
    Start
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    By opening more crystals
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    That's the neat part, you dont.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    @Konkey
    Opening more crystals is the only mathematically proved method of increasing your odds, to get a top tier champ for your roster.
    Keep collecting shards and open crystals.
    Good pulls will inevitably come at some point 😉
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Konkey said:

I know that this is most probably not the best question to ask but in my last few 6* crystals I've gotten Winter Soldier, Yellow Jacket, Iron Fist, Thor, Psycho-man and Ant-Man, with Ant-Man coming out of a 6* featured. They say that every champion has the same drop rates but there's no way I've been shafted like this and will continue to believe them. The game does not feel fun anymore, all the friends I know have been getting champs that are respectively the best in their classes, but I continue to get the worst champs in the game. How do I get better champs out of my crystals?

If you are unwilling to believe the crystals are random and deliberately giving you bad champs while your friends get good ones, why ask the forums for help? Why not ask your friends what they are doing to convince the game to give them all the best champs? Since according to you, the only way to get those champs is to convince the game to hand them to you. They did it. They should know.

The only thing we can tell you is:

1. The crystals are random.

2. This has been tested extensively enough to disprove basically all the crystal conspiracies out there.

3. For every anecdote about a player having horrible luck there's another about a player with great luck, which is exactly what random crystals do.

4. Eventually random chance evens out.

5. There's no such thing as a permanently bad champ, so there's no reason for the game to deliberately give you a champ that is supposedly bad. See: Magik, Venom, Colossus, Hulkbuster, Falcon, Diablo, King Groot, Luke Cage, Nebula. What would be the point of handing the players huge amounts of so-called bad champs, then buff those champs so that the majority of players had a large number of now awesome champs?

If almost no one is getting Star Lord because he's at the top of the meta and everyone is getting Magneto because he's at the bottom, what's the point in changing the game so that Star Lord becomes a has-been and Magneto becomes one of the top tier mutant champs? Which supposedly everyone has, because most people were getting him "dumped" on them? That would be nonsensical.

Also, please don't mention patents. If you're going to do that, go bother the subreddit. There's still a few illiterates questionably informed players willing to dance naked around that one over there. Not a lot, but a few.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Sacrifice a live chicken the 4th time the champion you seek appears in the reel.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,661 Guardian
    Have you tried sacrificing a unicorn under the light of the full moon on a Tuesday in the month of June?
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 974 ★★★★
    The key is acting like u don't care about what u get. Almost always works from time to time.
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    It's just luck based, depends how many folks are opening crystals at that time you are popping them. I have noticed in the alliance I am in at the moment there are duplicate openings from 6 people popping 2 crystals at a time this is rather odd.
    But it's just luck based