**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why no Women’s Boss rush this year?

AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
Another popular, well received event didn’t repeat this year. Was there a particular reason it was canceled as well?

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    It didn’t happen last year either.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It wasn't that popular either
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Boss rushes as a whole havn't existed for some time now.
  • Options
    edited March 2023

I never heard anything about it ☹️

I loved your Tigra fight in the old boss rush event! Probably one of the most fun fights that year. I struggled to get past the Sorcerer Supreme fight with a 5 star R3 unduped void, but when I did it was so satisfying.

It’s a shame the event hasn’t come back this year.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Maybe they finally realised making people beat women for rewards doesnt actually fit the theme of womans day 💀

Btw did the WOMEN designers have to choose a FEMALE for their Boss Rush fight? Do we have any info on that?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

It wasn't that popular either

What do you base that opinion on? I don't have any firm data, but I haven't noticed any hate towards it at all. In fact, I feel like the fun node choices and relatively low difficulty for solid rewards made it pretty popular
    Not hate, just wasn't an exciting event, thats all
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    EoP is a boss rush style mode actually.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Maybe they finally realised making people beat women for rewards doesnt actually fit the theme of womans day 💀

This is what I mistakenly thought, too. However, our International Women's Day celebration was always about working with women in our community to create an event they have a major hand in; not "beating on women."

The major reason we didn't have this boss rush this year was pretty simple: capacity constraints, as the team was overloaded working on other things.

While it's important we acknowledge that not every event is guaranteed to repeat every year, we definitely want to see another version of this event in future.
    Are we going to get another boss rush anytime soon? They have been rather scarce in the past 2 years
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Kabam Jax said:

Ruwqiersa said:

This is what I mistakenly thought, too. However, our International Women's Day celebration was always about working with women in our community to create an event they have a major hand in; not "beating on women."

The major reason we didn't have this boss rush this year was pretty simple: capacity constraints, as the team was overloaded working on other things.

While it's important we acknowledge that not every event is guaranteed to repeat every year, we definitely want to see another version of this event in future.
    Are we going to get another boss rush anytime soon? They have been rather scarce in the past 2 years
    I know there’s no guarantees, but I’m hoping for a Celeb Challenge for the release of GOTG 3 in May
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Can you elaborate on what else they were working on? Like some sort of new content or events? Features? Just curious, not had a roadmap type post for a while etc. Could be a good time to share if anything new is going on behind the scene?
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    Could have just done a 'use females to defeat x content' doesnt need too much planning... like (example) easy mode: rol using 6 star females, then getting more difficult with lower star females.
  • Options
    RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 136
    I really liked the boss rushes, since usually people would come up with really unique node interactions I'd never considered before to make the fights really fun instead of just loading up the hardest nodes they could think of.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    Capacity restraints reworking 3.2.6. Designing the highly anticipated Apothecary.
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Maybe more a quest where we must use women champions ?