**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Proud and Accomplished: By the Numbers

So first of all, there are still people out there not sure if this title actually exists, or if it is just an elaborate gaslight by the community. It wouldn't be the first time. So:

Its set on my account for anyone who wants to check, and doesn't know someone who has it. Photoshop skills aside, this can be verified in-game.

Second: how long did it take me to get it? Approximately 16500 openings across about five hours between Saturday and Sunday.

The maximum sustainable opening rate I was able to measure was about 1.5 openings per second, or slightly more than 5000 openings per hour. As a practical matter, no matter how fast you are, the servers aren't able to process crystal openings faster than that. In practice I was averaging between about one and about one and a half per second, or between 3000 and 5500 per hour.

How many openings does it take? It appears to be a random drop, which means it will take everyone differing random amounts. There's no posted odds, but we do have this:

If we trust this (and it might just be an exaggeration) that implies a one in a hundred thousand drop rate, which is far lower than any drop rate for anything I'm aware of ever being set in a crystal. This would be essentially impossible to confirm with testing, as there's no way we'll get a large enough set of reliable testers willing to go that high. However, based on the very limited anecdotes I've heard regarding when players are, and equally important are not getting the title, it is reasonable to guess the drop odds is probably worse than one in ten thousand. I would guess the odds are very likely to be somewhere between one in twenty thousand and one in a hundred thousand, and the 99.999% figure could conceivably be accurate. If you really, really want the title be prepared to potentially open the crystal a hundred thousand times or more. Even at the more probable end of the range, it would still be possible to require several times the average amount.

If the odds are in fact one in a hundred thousand, I had about a 15% chance to pull the title within the openings I did. Lucky, but not extraordinarily so. If the odds are closer to one in twenty thousand, then I had about a 56% chance of pulling the title within the openings I did, which is statistically close to average.

Mechanically, the title awards as a selector that should pop onto the screen. When it appeared for me, it immediately bounced me out of the crystal opening screen and did not return to it, which means the only way to know how many crystals you opened up to the point of getting the title is from memory. Also, the crystal does not seem to drop both another crystal and the title. That means when you get the title, you will no longer have another infinity crystal to open. Short of a glitch, it is either or.

So the choice is: trade for the trade-in title, push to get the Proud and Accomplished title, or keep the crystal. As far as I'm aware, at the moment you can only have one of those, so choose carefully.

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,111 ★★★★★
    Can’t you track the number of opened crystals from the solo event?
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,444 ★★★★★
    Thanks I trust you (and maybe you alone) on the forums in regards to an April Fool's Day joke (on no joke in this case now).
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,960 Guardian
    Riptide said:

Can’t you track the number of opened crystals from the solo event?

The solo event expired Sunday morning (at least my time) and interestingly it does not show up in the history of past events. It just disappeared. The only way I know about how many openings I did was my recollection of where my event score was when the solo event terminated, and my knowledge of how many I did before the title triggered.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★
    It took me approximately 27k openings
  • Options
    Some people in global are curious and raised a good point- does the crystal remain in your inventory after tomorrow’s reset. The mail mentioned the timespan “6 years” sarcastically so a definitive answer would be nice for those still attempting who may want as time closes
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,940 Guardian

Some people in global are curious and raised a good point- does the crystal remain in your inventory after tomorrow’s reset. The mail mentioned the timespan “6 years” sarcastically so a definitive answer would be nice for those still attempting who may want as time closes

Unfortunately we won't have an answer until later because kabam doesn't answer questions on the weekends typically
  • Options

To the best of my knowledge, the crystal is supposed to remain indefinitely. I don’t think that was officially announced, but that’s my understanding from other commentary I’ve heard.
  • Options
    PHJfinPHJfin Posts: 60
    27k and still going. Last night (GMT +2) it was really slow, managed to open only 9k in 5hours. Going to get it, sooner or later.
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Just broke 50k myself a few hours ago...I'm tired, boss...
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,416 ★★★★★
    I'm around puny ~10k
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,144 Guardian
    edited April 2023
    So what is this extra item in the pic below ?

Haven’t seen that come up from anyone else who has actually gotten the PROUD title before, others have just said the Title appears, but don’t mention it as some type of “Selector” reward item.

(Submitted by @carpediem666 …)

• Options

Haven’t seen that come up from anyone else who has actually gotten the PROUD title before, others have just said the Title appears, but don’t mention it as some type of “Selector” reward item.

I wasn’t paying attention when I finally got it but the title comes from a selector screen not a drop from the crystal which would explain that
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 680 ★★★★
    I think I'm about 37K in, no title yet, hope it doesn't disappear wheb the title trade in expires
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    Next time just bang your head against the wall like 10 or 15 times. Same benefit, less work.
  • Options
    kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 244 ★★★
    the simple fact they implemented that crystal is the proof that they are not scared of overloading the servers.
    So why not add a "help all" button in arena instead of having us clicking on the champs?
    One help all button, it runs on the server and it's only 1 server call, instead of x server calls... it doesn't make sense why they are not implementing that...
  • Options
    StarLordWho_1StarLordWho_1 Posts: 47

55k deep and no title…. I’m fine 🥲 super fine 🥲

Just surpassed 60,000 total across 4 different opening and STILL NOTHING

• Options

the simple fact they implemented that crystal is the proof that they are not scared of overloading the servers.
    So why not add a "help all" button in arena instead of having us clicking on the champs?
    One help all button, it runs on the server and it's only 1 server call, instead of x server calls... it doesn't make sense why they are not implementing that...

In any particular arena cycle there's probably 50k players participating in the arena. I suspect there are a lot less trying for the title.

More to the point, the crystal opening, and for that matter arena help is self-limiting. Which is to say, when you say that this crystal is overloadinng the servers, it can't do that. By definition, if our collective activity was slowing down the server side components involved with crystal opening, they'd slow down, and we'd slow down. We can't overload the servers by asking it to open one crystal at a time. You can only overload servers (in this context) by asking the servers to do more stuff at once than it can actually, do, which would cause a backlog in activity, until the servers were spending more time on backlog than on serving the players, which the players would perceive as the servers being "overloaded."

Performance is a very tricky thing. Servers cannot be "overworked" in the sense they never get tired. Performance problems happen not because they are given too much work, but rather because the workloads they are given create interaction problems in the way they were programmed to service that load. They run into unexpected bottlenecks. In fact, one of the things I have to teach people when troubleshooting performance issues is there's no such thing as a bad number. 90% CPU might be fine, 20% might be broken. Performance problems are almost inevitably caused by bottlenecks, and when bottlenecks form one part of the system becomes unable to keep up with workload, and when that happens many others can become idle as they have nothing to do. Sometimes 20% CPU is very, very bad.

Also, no one who works on systems like this would assume you can implement "help all" with one server call. Things we think can happen with just "one call" often do not, probably for deep implementation coherency reasons. For example, adding 50 sigs to a champ is not implemented as a "add 50" call. It is implemented as fifty "add 1" calls. We know this because when client crashes occur during this process, the sig stones are not added atomically. It isn't all or nothing. You can end up with 37 sigs on your champ after the crash. Why this happens is almost certainly a very deep implementation decision made very long ago that isn't easy to simply rip out.
  • Options

That's probably the selector. For me, upon getting the title drop the game did not show me that screen (or if it did it was so fast I didn't register it). It simply went straight to the selector. I'm assuming that's the selector in the imagine, and it just hasn't auto-opened yet. Given the nature of this crystal and the activity levels involved in trying to get the title, it isn't all that unlikely that some glitches might have occurred. Some people are just getting the title without seeing the selector, and this person seems to have gotten the selector without it auto-opening.

For those who haven't seen it posted elsewhere:

Upon selecting it, you can see that the background behind the selector was the crystal vault, not the crystal opening screen:

But again, different players might be seeing different things, because this is not a thing that the game client has likely been asked to do in the past.
  • Options

55k deep and no title…. I’m fine 🥲 super fine 🥲

Statistically speaking, you should get it somewhere between 25k and 380k more openings. More or less.
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 680 ★★★★
    I managed to get it after what I estimate to be about 50K openings, was it worth it? Probably not! Am I happy I did it? Not at all! Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!
  • Options

I managed to get it after what I estimate to be about 50K openings, was it worth it? Probably not! Am I happy I did it? Not at all! Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!

Well, it’ll take a few thousand more heartbeats than that.

When it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing. When it’s not worth doing, it’s not worth doing. But when it’s really not worth doing, it wraps around and becomes worth doing again.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,342 ★★★★★

• Options
    It should say Pride and Arthritis. Jesus. Lol.
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 477 ★★★
    took me about 50k. I don't have a really close approximate because I was on and off. No way I Could do that in one run.
  • Options
    For the purpose of the statistics, it took me sub-3k. Off and on since yesterday. Got it in one click this round.
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 612 ★★★
    edited April 2023
    i have 3 accounts and on all of them i got the title on the first try today, now that the trade-in has expired
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,416 ★★★★★

I'm around puny ~10k

+1600