Options

BGs Broken in New Update (V38.2.0)?

mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
edited April 2023 in General Discussion
Just did a match after updating to the new April build, V38.2.0.

In the first match, the game appears to freeze for a very long time after selecting a champ in the match phase. The freeze was so long after selecting my defender that the game auto selected (very poorly BTW) my attacker. That happened twice in a row.

After loosing that match, I tried to additional matches, and each one went over 3 minutes finding an opponent before I canceled each one to try again.

Anyone else having issues?
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    Il_CuocoIl_Cuoco Posts: 17
    Same thing happened to me (although I was irritated enough that I didn't try to start another match).
  • Options
    GizGiz Posts: 137
    Yup just lost a match cause of this….great job kabam
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,432 ★★★★★
    Happened to me and lost a match hopefully a hot fix is out soon so I can make it to gc
  • Options
    Jaffa_Jaffa_ Posts: 34
    Not update to the new version and am getting freezing up pretty bad
  • Options
    adramelchadramelch Posts: 98
    edited April 2023
    Just lost 3 matches in a row to similar issues. Twice I got stuck in the meet your opponent screen forcing me to logout, and once I managed to get one fight done. Second fight is about to start and I lose instantly without even starting the fight. I then choose my 3rd fight champs and I get the countdown timer bug without being able to actually enter the fight. Bgs is broken atm
  • Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 219 ★★
    edited April 2023
    Same thing happened to me, before to update, I've lost 2 match in a row
  • Options
    SpartanGhostSpartanGhost Posts: 34
    @Kabam Miike where do I send all the videos of screen not loading and not being able to enter fights that I've taken from JUST today??
  • Options
    ZilliaxerZilliaxer Posts: 64
    mgj0630 said:

Just did a match after updating to the new April build, V38.2.0.

In the first match, the game appears to freeze for a very long time after selecting a champ in the match phase. The freeze was so long after selecting my defender that the game auto selected (very poorly BTW) my attacker. That happened twice in a row.

After loosing that match, I tried to additional matches, and each one went over 3 minutes finding an opponent before I canceled each one to try again.

Anyone else having issues?

BG IS BROKEN ENTIRELY
  • Options
    I didn't update the game and I had issues with BGs
    As this is a common problem every time in BG, I just accepted my fate
  • Options
    Yeah, fundamental issues (matchmaking criteria, cheaters, etc) aside, I've been able to participate in BGs just up until this afternoon when I updated to the new build.

Seems like that's not the issue though...or at least not the only issue.
  • Options
    JOKE94JOKE94 Posts: 16
    I can confirm, BGs are fine again. Thanks for fixing!
  • Options
    LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

The game team believes they found the cause of the issue and have implemented some computer engineering wizardry to attempt to relieve the problem.

We know it's not tied to the update, just (in)conveniently aligned, timing-wise.

We'd appreciate if anyone's able to provide an update to suggest this is resolved, or if you're still having issues, as of 12-noon, PST.

They're definitely not fine. The disconnects continue through the last two of my matches. The screen goes black during various phases of champion selection and banning, and results timers show losses where the opponent has 100% health despite me winning the fight by knocking them out. Inputs during both selection and fight screens were non-responsive.

I would love to give more detail, but honestly there are so many things going wrong that I don't even know where to begin.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I just played a match. No issues
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,253 ★★★★
    Got disconnecter after my first fight...
  • Options
    PhiliaPhilia Posts: 87
    I’ve not updated the game yet. Is bg still broken?
  • Options
    Philia said:

I’ve not updated the game yet. Is bg still broken?

As best as I can tell, it's back to normal. That obviously doesn't mean it's good. LOL!

But at least whatever was going on when I made this post yesterday appears to be resolved.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Still broken
    Just lost an easy match bcoz of the bugs
    And it's definitely not just a "little wonky".....it's practically unplayable at the moment
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,578 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Did a fight , KO enemy and bam… get the you’ve been disconnected message. Reload and have 30 seconds left to finish a fight I’ve already done. Happened last week too.
    SOS, different day/month/update.

How about a dedicated thread where we can report battlegrounds bugs, Kabam mods? Would be nice considering that you don’t even list “Known Issues” on the forums anymore.
  • Options
    Kabam JaxKabam Jax Posts: 1,620
    This thread was referring to a very specific batch of bad data contributing to issues with Battlegrounds.

As this issue was resolved yesterday, we're going to close down this thread.

Any issues in BG can be posted in Bugs and Known issues.

For a list of known issues in the game, feel free to check out our bug board.
This discussion has been closed.