**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Spidey buff

Kabam why do this to us
We waited atleast 7 yrs for his buff and when he finally got buffed he's a noodle
U could've made him a little better made it worth the wait
(What do y'all think his buff is good or bad?)

Comments

• Options
    TripleBTripleB Posts: 246 ★★
    I like this buff for the most part, the only thing that reeeeally upsets me and takes a ton of damage away is that they chopped his critical damage rating way down. He used to have 220% crit damage and now is around 160%ish.
    I think the average is 180% so now he is below par, not sure if this was intended. I hope not!
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    We already have Spider gwen, Spidey 2099, Stark Spidey, Stealth Spidey, Spiderham, Mile Morales, Penny Parker, and Spidey Supreme... why complain about the one who got an average buff. They are already good
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    I like his new look! That’s all for now
  • Options
    VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 ★★

After watching Mike's video about the buff, and having messed around with my own, I honestly think he's not as bad as everyone is making him out to be. He's not magneto level buff and he's not omega god tier, but calling this a Deadpool x level buff is a bit ridiculous.

He has very good utility and even without synergies hits pretty hard when played with the right rotation, albeit needing a bit of crit rng. All in all I think this one lands in a good mid-tier buff, people just expected too much with it being one of the flagship champs in the game.

No Spidey is worse than Deadpool imo, at least Deadpool can use maxed deep wounds and have reasonable damage WITHOUT the need of a full synergy team…
    Explain to me how his damage without synergies isn't "reasonable." It's crit reliant on the sp2, I'll give you that. But plenty of champs are. He has good enough damage to get through an average BG healthpool in an sp1 + sp2 and combo into the stun after. That's considered a decent damage profile.

Combine decent damage with the utility that a permanent taunt gives, not to mention arguably the strongest utility he has is completely ignoring any form of limber outside of skill champs. And none of that is going into the utility you get when you stack his webbing. What is so god awful here exactly?
  • Options

After watching Mike's video about the buff, and having messed around with my own, I honestly think he's not as bad as everyone is making him out to be. He's not magneto level buff and he's not omega god tier, but calling this a Deadpool x level buff is a bit ridiculous.

He has very good utility and even without synergies hits pretty hard when played with the right rotation, albeit needing a bit of crit rng. All in all I think this one lands in a good mid-tier buff, people just expected too much with it being one of the flagship champs in the game.

Lol. He's having trash damage and stacking a few non-damaging debuffs and saying "Look! I'm doing utility!"
    Definition of I can't come up with a counter argument so I'm going to laugh at you and say some random things that contribute nothing to the conversation. Well done.
  • Options

Lol. He's having trash damage and stacking a few non-damaging debuffs and saying "Look! I'm doing utility!"
    Definition of I can't come up with a counter argument so I'm going to laugh at you and say some random things that contribute nothing to the conversation. Well done.
    Did I need to say more to get the point across? Having poor damage and some non-damaging debuffs isn't utility and that wasn't my only comment, but you keep bigging yourself, bud. It gets better.
    How is his damage poor? I've explained why I think it's fine, he can complete BGs in what most people consider a reasonable rotation. His limber immunity and taunts are fantastic utility. Now your turn, how is his damage considered poor? How do these things offer no utility?
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    People who say he has bad damage output have him at 5* r1 and expect him to be hitting 50k mediums
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

Did I need to say more to get the point across? Having poor damage and some non-damaging debuffs isn't utility and that wasn't my only comment, but you keep bigging yourself, bud. It gets better.
    You clearly know a lot about Spidey. Let's see what rank you have him at
  • Options

Chovner said:

Based on the testing I've seen so far he only hits hard when full synergized up. Granted the champs you use for his synergies are great (Crit Monkey, Shang Chi, Black Cat, Doc Ock), but that's still a big ask to get the damage he SHOULD have during his "damage" rotation. This is a Deadpool XForce level buff in my opinion

"He's not bad when you surround him with good to great champs and then use him instead of them! Look how semi-hard he hits occasionally! And them Decelerates?!"

He's so lacking. Give us a reason to use him!
    He Taunts. OK. But they barely decrease attack and stacking Taunts doesn't make the ai even more likely to throw specials. That part sucks, but you can stack a staggeringly useful amount of them, right? No, because you can't pause them and the proc chance is only 25%.

Also, the proc chance is a full 100% if you hit them while they're stunned - which is how you're supposed to play him.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★

How is his damage poor? I've explained why I think it's fine, he can complete BGs in what most people consider a reasonable rotation. His limber immunity and taunts are fantastic utility. Now your turn, how is his damage considered poor? How do these things offer no utility?

His non-skill stun debuff duration effect immunity is good. I never said it wasn't. That doesn't make him some sort of stun god, but it's better than nothing. Stun effects would be better, but that's OK. His taunt isn't doing enough to be propped up as an example of his value, IMO. You can go ahead and think it's awesome if you want. I'm calling his damage poor because I'm looking at the numbers he's generating and they are solidly unimpressive. If they wanted the Special 2 to be impressive enough to bother with using him, they could have done something like his taunts become armor breaks once the Special 2 stun ends. That gives me a reason to go for it, makes his damage go for longer than 3 seconds and the damage doesn't get Herculean since you can't refresh or pause the armor breaks. You don't get any of that though.

Also, the proc chance is a full 100% if you hit them while they're stunned - which is how you're supposed to play him.

What up, Karate Mike! Anyway, they won't be stunned for the whole fight and how often will you only hit when they're stunned just for stacking taunts since they fall off. His sig will help, but still. Unless you're getting at that having one or a couple Spidey taunts is basically the same as aggressively maintaining several since the attack reduction is puny (yeah, yeah, Inequity, I know. That would at best be a side benefit for the very few people that have that mastery and got it because they intended to and will still use it with someone better), the special effects don't stack, and he doesn't increase damage via taunt except during the 3 second stun of Special 2. That's a solid point.
    If you could pause them with a dex or a MLM, that could have been interesting, but you still don't get much out of them. The constant flips and dashing in and out would have looked cool and real Spidey-like if he didn't have the oldest vanilla initial batch animations of all times.
  • Options
    ZilliaxerZilliaxer Posts: 64
    Hawtness said:

Kabam why do this to us
    We waited atleast 7 yrs for his buff and when he finally got buffed he's a noodle
    U could've made him a little better made it worth the wait
    (What do y'all think his buff is good or bad?)

Yep Spidey Classic now upgrading only for profile pic
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★

You clearly know a lot about Spidey. Let's see what rank you have him at

Why would I have ranked him up? Have you been reading any of this thread? Prior to this, he was probably the worst Spider-verse champ, and after the buff, he might be better than Symbiote Spidey, maybe. Just like everyone else, I abandoned him shortly after I started playing. For that matter, how much of the video footage out there has him at max sig and peak rarity?
  • Options

His non-skill stun debuff duration effect immunity is good. I never said it wasn't. That doesn't make him some sort of stun god, but it's better than nothing. Stun effects would be better, but that's OK. His taunt isn't doing enough to be propped up as an example of his value, IMO. You can go ahead and think it's awesome if you want. I'm calling his damage poor because I'm looking at the numbers he's generating and they are solidly unimpressive. If they wanted the Special 2 to be impressive enough to bother with using him, they could have done something like his taunts become armor breaks once the Special 2 stun ends. That gives me a reason to go for it, makes his damage go for longer than 3 seconds and the damage doesn't get Herculean since you can't refresh or pause the armor breaks. You don't get any of that though.

What up, Karate Mike! Anyway, they won't be stunned for the whole fight and how often will you only hit when they're stunned just for stacking taunts since they fall off. His sig will help, but still. Unless you're getting at that having one or a couple Spidey taunts is basically the same as aggressively maintaining several since the attack reduction is puny (yeah, yeah, Inequity, I know. That would at best be a side benefit for the very few people that have that mastery and got it because they intended to and will still use it with someone better), the special effects don't stack, and he doesn't increase damage via taunt except during the 3 second stun of Special 2. That's a solid point.
    If you could pause them with a dex or a MLM, that could have been interesting, but you still don't get much out of them. The constant flips and dashing in and out would have looked cool and real Spidey-like if he didn't have the oldest vanilla initial batch animations of all times.
    "If they wanted the Special 2 to be impressive enough to bother with using him, they could have done something like his taunts become armor breaks once the Special 2 stun ends."

This line right here shows me you don't actually understand how to use him/how he works. If you lose those taunts, even for armor breaks (which aren't a thing science champs are known for, so makes little sense anyway) you lose out on a ton. When you actually need the highest level of damage you can get, you'll build to just under an SP3, then SP2 into 3 combos which will give you another SP2 that will have an insane number of taunts since all the hits were into a stun. It's also not a 3 second stun, used correctly it will never just be a 3 second stun.

I never said the buff was awesome, I have said multiple times it's a mid-tier buff. You want to put words into my mouth to make yourself think you're right, go ahead.

And damage numbers are poor/unimpressive compared to what? Multiple people have said why his damage is good enough using the same example, he can do BGs in a timeframe expected of a "good enough" champion (sp1 into sp2 with ~a combo into the sp2 stun). I have yet to see someone give an example as to how/why the damage is poor.