Options

Sinister Vaults TL;DR + Threat Level 5 Chest Rewards (Infographic)

Comments

• Options
    Pr0t0t7p3Pr0t0t7p3 Posts: 187
    @Cat_Murdock
    What am is supposed to do here?

Just looked at SQ again this morning. Yesterday I ran Havok path got 6*shards and no safe. Today it Shows I am able to run it again and the chest is still there. Yesterday I ran Red Skull path got T2A. Today Shows I am able to run it again but the chest is gone.

Do I wait for Kabam to comp me the safe? Do I rerun Havok path and waste a key? Do I run other lanes? Please help with info and clear direction.
  • Options
    Pr0t0t7p3 said:

@Cat_Murdock

Just looked at SQ again this morning. Yesterday I ran Havok path got 6*shards and no safe. Today it Shows I am able to run it again and the chest is still there. Yesterday I ran Red Skull path got T2A. Today Shows I am able to run it again but the chest is gone.

Do I wait for Kabam to comp me the safe? Do I rerun Havok path and waste a key? Do I run other lanes? Please help with info and clear direction.

Sounds like you have two options, if the Havok lane chest is still there.

1) Run other lanes in Z1 and wait for Kabam to comp you the safe. This is likely next week but there’s no firm ETA.

2) Rerun the lane and sacrifice a key. You will get enough keys to fully explore two difficulties, so I see it as losing a Level 4 lane. You could skip a Level 4 gold lane, for example. Depends on your priorities of course though. Pretty sure you’ll get the 2.5k shards again though, so it’s not a bad trade off tbh.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,184 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the infographic @Cat_Murdock - do wish they would just explain things better in their posts though. Lost one key doing a path twice because it looked open (wasn't greyed out).
  • Options
    Mylo_ZylotoMylo_Zyloto Posts: 26
    edited April 2023

Sinister vault 2 code not working for me? I thought 3174 was the code for the first vault?

3174 is the code for the first vault, to be able to enter Zone 2.

Make sure you’re entering just one number at a time. It’s a little clunky. Select 3, then enter, wait for the selector to pop back up, select 1, confirm, rinse repeat.
    O gotcha, I misunderstood the graphic but I get it now! Thank you for all of your hard work on this.
  • Options
    Toomuchwork2doToomuchwork2do Posts: 20

So the Hints that say 2 and 8 have been suggested by some as maybe being for Zone 2.
    And correctly suggested by others as being “misleading” hints. (CORRECT) see wording “..but not all can be trusted” further below.

Even though once in your Inventory, they may not be clear which Zone of a Hint they are for (maybe if you click on it ?), but when they are still unclaimed from your Target Objectives they clearly state they are all Hints for Zone 1 (not any further Zones yet).

And then each week, another set of 6 new Target Objective Hints will become available, each week with Hints for the next Zone.
    Even though people have already gotten the Sinister Safe from Zone 2 which results in the “Pass” to unlock Zone 3, we really aren’t meant to progress into Zone 3 yet until they drop the next set of Hints (Target Objectives) next week. (*although you might get lucky trying a random 4-digit code)

———
    And to clarify another point, even though “Sinister Keys” and “Zone Passes” both look like keys, they are different, and act different.
    * Sinister Keys (from game mail and calendar) are ONE TIME USE to enter the quest (vault) each and every time, like prior Rift/Lab entrance keys. They said you’ll eventually have enough keys to fully explore 2 full Difficulties.
    * Zone Passes (2/3/4) unlock that next ZONE (section within the quest), across ALL DIFFICULTIES at once.
    ———

Below is excerpt from Announcement about the HINTS (which was easy to glance by at first days ago, before the event actually started today, but now makes more sense when re-read)

To open your Sinister Safes:
    Safes will require the correct 4-digit combination to get the reward
    6 Objectives will appear each Wednesday requiring you to defeat specific Champions within the Quest
    Each Objective will reward a piece of ‘art’ hinting at the Sinister Safe combinations
    Some art will provide hints, but not all can be trusted…

Hey that’s my photo! 😂
  • Options
    Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    edited April 2023
    Pr0t0t7p3 said:

@Cat_Murdock

@Pr0t0t7p3 I was having the same problem no safe or shards on the havok path, I ran threat level 4 havok path earlier and got the safe, the key from the safe should work throughout all threat levels (I hope😭). Hope I haven't screwed my threat level 5 runs from now on 😂
  • Options
    Hey @Kabam Miike , @Cat_Murdock
    I see Miike (or someone) did a PURPLE-STICKY on this post so it appears in upper Purple section, now. **BUT Only when looking at the “General Discussion” Category specifically.

**But NOT when you are looking at the combined “Recent Discussions” list. In that case, this post is ghosted and does not appear anywhere anymore.

——
    (and @Toomuchwork2do , yep, I grabbed your photo from the Hint Hunter post yesterday to include it here in Cat's Tutorial style post. Thx.)
  • Options

Pr0t0t7p3 said:

@Cat_Murdock

@Pr0t0t7p3 I was having the same problem no safe or shards on the havok path, I ran threat level 4 havok path earlier and got the safe, the key from the safe should work throughout all threat levels (I hope😭).
    Yes, unlocking the next ZONE within the quest, also unlocks that ZONE across all difficulties (threat levels).

——
    As for problem with getting the chests/safes…

• Options
    Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★

Pr0t0t7p3 said:

@Cat_Murdock

@Pr0t0t7p3 I was having the same problem no safe or shards on the havok path, I ran threat level 4 havok path earlier and got the safe, the key from the safe should work throughout all threat levels (I hope😭).
    Yes, unlocking the next ZONE within the quest, also unlocks that ZONE across all difficulties (threat levels).

——

Awesome thanks dude good to know it's somewhat of a quick fix and I haven't screwed it up for my threat level 5 runs 👍
  • Options
    Thanks Miike, it's appearing in Recent as well as General now.
  • Options
    So much effort and discussion and speculation for a simple side quest. Just fix it and send people their missing safe.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,321 ★★★★★

Pr0t0t7p3 said:

@Cat_Murdock

——

Good to know. Mine didn't spawn on the path.
  • Options
    RenyxRenyx Posts: 1
    where can i find the reward for other threat level ? i need 5* awakening gem
  • Options

Pr0t0t7p3 said:

@Cat_Murdock

——

Good to know. Mine didn't spawn on the path.
    Yea. Vague. What is soon? No safe yet.
  • Options
    MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 433 ★★
    MoeyTehr said:

MoeyTehr said:

Crine60 said:

Are we supposed to run every path to get the rewards listed in the event post or is this another of those quests where you should run whatever are the best items for you over and over to only get those (assuming the rewards are claimable again on another run which I am unclear on from the posts I read so far)?

Path rewards are only earned once
    I've noticed the gold chest in Zone 1 that I claimed the first time is still there in subsequent visits.
    When did you run it? There was a bug earlier today where chests were able to be claimed more than once.
    I noticed the error about an hour or so before that post. I'll take another look when I get today's keys.
    Yup, the gold chest is still there. Conversely, the other three chests I claimed are gone. So I guess it's a partial bug.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,649 ★★★★★
    Just for you Cat (jk, also definitely because I've wanted her for so long) im ranking and awakening my 6* Medusa.

Any tips on most fun/useful strats or synergies for playing her?
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Whats supposed to happen after the code is entered? The safe went away but nothing else happened. Aren't I supposed to get something from the safe?
  • Options
    SligSlig Posts: 357 ★★
    Check your inventory. The key just showed up there for me.
  • Options
    NSlaNSla Posts: 15
    I used 6 keys the past 3 days and none of my paths are "blocked" that I have done on TL5. All the vaults appear to be there also. Major bug. Thank you for the infographic, I would have never guessed how to run this side quest

• Options
    Day 3. Still no safe from zone 1.
  • Options
    CodyStark86CodyStark86 Posts: 19
    Hello!

"Luck" is on my side again!
    I went through every line in z1, still no safe. We are on the third day, will there be any solution, compensation? I get so many mistakes like this, it's getting boring! This is not entertaining
  • Options
    Hello!

"Luck" is on my side again!
    I went through every line in z1, still no safe. We are on the third day, will there be any solution, compensation? I get so many mistakes like this, it's getting boring! This is not entertaining
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    We are waiting for the solution!
  • Options
    bumble-beebumble-bee Posts: 137 ★★
    I opened the Sinister Vault with code 3174 but didn't get rewards.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

I opened the Sinister Vault with code 3174 but didn't get rewards.

The reward is a key for zone 2. Check your inventory where you went to unlock the safe.
  • Options
    JobBlackJobBlack Posts: 1
    I still didn't receive my vault... and I did all the paths 😅😅
    Thanks kAbam