**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it possible to hide/block someone on this forum?

Hi guys, I just realised I would enjoy the forums more if just 1 or 2 users comments weren't visible to me, is there a way to do this?

Otherwise, if I feel like a user is just trolling/gaslighting with their comments, but they never get deleted, who can I make a complaint to?

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    I don’t believe there is. As annoying as it is, the beautiful thing about a public forum is that everyone has fair and reasonable access to share their thoughts and opinions whether they are well founded/accurate or not, whether you agree with them or not, or whether they word it well or not.
    Kabam has been pretty heavy handed with the ban hammer on the forums as of late. If they were seeing things to be as bad as you believe them to be, I am relatively confident that they would do it. They also have the help of the guardians to bring things to their attention, so there is little-to-nothing that the mods aren’t seeing.
    If you can’t enjoy the forums because there are specific people that exist on them, then you have two options - accept that you are within your right to ignore them as much as they are in their right to post, or just leave the forums.
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★

I don’t believe there is. As annoying as it is, the beautiful thing about a public forum is that everyone has fair and reasonable access to share their thoughts and opinions whether they are well founded/accurate or not, whether you agree with them or not, or whether they word it well or not.
    Kabam has been pretty heavy handed with the ban hammer on the forums as of late. If they were seeing things to be as bad as you believe them to be, I am relatively confident that they would do it. They also have the help of the guardians to bring things to their attention, so there is little-to-nothing that the mods aren’t seeing.
    If you can’t enjoy the forums because there are specific people that exist on them, then you have two options - accept that you are within your right to ignore them as much as they are in their right to post, or just leave the forums.

There is a mute button.
    OMG thank you!! I checked on their profile and couldn't see the option, but if you request desktop version of the site a drop-down appears with an "ignore" option.

Thank you dude, you're amazing!

Got it sorted, there's an ignore button.
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Probably best post of the year so far. Had no idea you could do this.
  • GhostFace2022GhostFace2022 Posts: 168
    Who is the person you want to mute? Just curious
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,459 ★★★★

I guarantee it is grounded wisdom

Don't want to get into personal attacks so don't want to name the person. Won't be an issue for me anymore as anything they say is blank. 😁
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 534 ★★★
    Just a heads up that (last I checked) there is a limit to the number of people you can mute.
    JollyHawk said:

Just a heads up that (last I checked) there is a limit to the number of people you can mute.

As long as there's like 2 then I think it'll serve it purpose for me.

JollyHawk said:

As long as there's like 2 then I think it'll serve it purpose for me.
    FYI you'll still see posts from muted individuals if someone else quotes them, like I'm doing here. It's the best when deleted posts still show up because someone quoted them.
    That's kinda annoying, would be better if it wasn't shown at all IMO, even if it gets confusing lol.